Death Coil macro

85 Orc Death Knight
Been trying for a while now to make a macro to cast death coil on me when lichborne is up, and at the enemy when it isn't, and I just can't get it to work reliably.

I've tried

/cast [@player] Death Coil
/cast [@target] Death Coil

and the somewhat less sophisticated

/target Gorvax
/cast Death Coil
/targetlasttarget
/cast Death Coil

and neither of them work 100% of the time. I'm obviously not a macro prodigy but I think I do ok and I just can't figure out how to make this one work. There's probably some command that I just don't know about.

Basically, trying to make a macro cast death coil at myself when lichborne is up, at the enemy when it isn't, with one button, no modifier. Is it even possible?
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Hunter
01/26/2011 5:25 AMPosted by Gorvax
Basically, trying to make a macro cast death coil at myself when lichborne is up, at the enemy when it isn't, with one button, no modifier. Is it even possible?

Nope.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
It would be nice if Blizzard would let macros check for certain conditions such as this. Maybe something around the lines

/cast Death Coil [@player, ifHaveBuff "Lichborn" =1]
/cast Death Coil [@target, ifHaveBuff "Lichborn" =0]

I'm terrible at coding, so it's very likely that the macro wouldn't even go like that at all if it were possible.
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Hunter
It's been asked and denied. Blizzard want you to play the game, not some IWIN macro.
Reply Quote
100 Worgen Druid
http://www.wowpedia.org/Making_a_macro#Complete_list

This is a complete list of macro conditionals. If it's not on this list, you must, by design, recognize the condition yourself and react to it.
Reply Quote
85 Undead Warrior
01/26/2011 6:22 AMPosted by Jondoe
It would be nice if Blizzard would let macros check for certain conditions such as this. Maybe something around the lines

Used to be possible back in Vanilla. Had a nice Corruption spam macro on my warlock for BGs.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Checking for buffs is not viable in macros.

As an alternative, I would recommend:

/cast [@player,mod] Death Coil; [@mouseover,harm,exists] [harm,exists] Death Coil

What the macro does:
[@player,mod] Death Coil <-- cast DC on yourself if a mod is held like ctrl/alt/shift
[@mouseover,harm,exists] [harm,exists] Death Coil <-- cast DC if mouseover exist and an enemy OR cast DC on your current target if your current target is an enemy
Edited by Didå on 1/26/2011 7:45 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Death Knight
#showtooltip Lichborne
/cast !Lichborne;
/cast [target=player] Death Coil

this will cast lichborne then death coils at yourself, all in one button. just spam the !@#$ out of it when u have plenty of runic power
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]