Best place to skin in cata?

86 Orc Shaman
I've recently hit 525 skinning and im wondering where then best place to skin in cata is? The river that goes from the obelisk of the moon through uldum is lined with crockilisks at the higher part and thats where I've been doing mine. Any thoughts on better places to skin as far as animal density/respawn rate/ ease of kill?
Reply Quote
90 Undead Mage
I've seen a lot of people skinning the crocodiles in tol barad, there is a lot of them and respawn very quickly
Reply Quote
56 Orc Rogue
I had good success with Sethria's Roost in SW Hyjal.
Yeah you still get scraps but the guys die really fast and you can get a good stack of blackened dragonscales which have been selling well for me plus I keep some on hand for embossing.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Rogue
The griffins, elk and wolves in twilight highlands are good for skinning but currently they best place to skin is tol barad crocs, This is because people are required to loot their quest item leaving an unskinned looted croc on the ground.
Reply Quote
86 Orc Shaman
skinned TB croc area for about 45 min, 6 stacks of savage, ty
Reply Quote
85 Undead Rogue
Walk into Lost City. To the left and right are packs of 5 regular tigers and an elite mob. CC the elites, kill the tigers, skin. Each tiger is 2-3 leather, meaning you walk out of the instance with 25 savage leather in about 5 minutes. Then reset your instances.
Reply Quote
86 Orc Shaman
01/26/2011 2:17 PMPosted by Mitzuko
Walk into Lost City. To the left and right are packs of 5 regular tigers and an elite mob. CC the elites, kill the tigers, skin. Each tiger is 2-3 leather, meaning you walk out of the instance with 25 savage leather in about 5 minutes. Then reset your instances.

tried this, one leather each+ they were hard to kill in 5s and i had to cc the guy like 3 times

not worth it.

Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Rogue
I really wish people would stop asking or even posting about where the best places to skin are. Once somebody does find a good place to skin somebody gets on this forum and blabs about it, you about have to expect that the next day that particular location or mob will get nerfed. Just find your own sweet spots for skinning and keep your mouth shut about it.
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Druid

This was sooo hotfixed weeks ago.

I really wish people would stop asking or even posting about where the best places to skin are. Once somebody does find a good place to skin somebody gets on this forum and blabs about it, you about have to expect that the next day that particular location or mob will get nerfed. Just find your own sweet spots for skinning and keep your mouth shut about it.

Also, this.^
Edited by Karsos on 1/26/2011 7:10 PM PST
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Druid
smugglers roost or something in vashj, i used to starfall and swim around the boat pulling all the mobs then i would hurricane them down. good 1k gold an hour on my server.
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Hunter
The crocs in TB if your on a PVE realm...doesn't matter if you own TB or not ...I take my druid in there whether we own it or not and skin all day long after each battle....5 to 8 stacks every two hours from there.
Reply Quote
82 Tauren Shaman
01/26/2011 5:36 PMPosted by Entreria
Not true. Most nerfs were because there were low HP mobs in big groups dropping sure savage leather. It was obvious they'd be nerfed.
Reply Quote
86 Orc Shaman
over two days, i got about 30 stacks of savage at the TB site. best place by far, the only problem was being rud and taking another players skinf if hey had skinning and i didnt know, but people will come in there (especially tanks) and kill all 8 or so in one spot, loot them and leave. Which equals about 10-16 pieces of leather in roughly 30 seconds for me.
Reply Quote
86 Orc Shaman
01/28/2011 9:33 AMPosted by Poxee

sorry to be such a "pain", new to the endgame experiance as you may be able to tell from my other posts. Was having trouble getting leather in a time frame where it would be worth the work.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]