Aura Mastery broken?

85 Human Paladin
"Causes your Concentration Aura to make all affected targets immune to Silence and Interrupt effects and improve the effect of all other auras by 100%. Lasts 6 sec."

This is simply not the case. I expect Aura Mastery to make me immune to all silence and interrupts while active (when I have concentration aura up) but it does not. This seems like it is either broken or useless in its current state.

Anyone else experience this?
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
Give more details, because AM works 100% fine for me.
Reply Quote
85 Human Paladin
In pvp, it does not prevent interruptions.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
I think you're mistaken. You may be getting stunned or quickly CC'd which would stop you from casting.
Reply Quote
85 Human Paladin
"Interrupt effects" should include stuns. Perhaps the wording is just not clear enough.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
Perhaps you need to understand what an interrupt is.

Kick
A quick kick that interrupts spellcasting and prevents any spell in that school from being cast for 5 sec.

Pummel
Pummel the target, interrupting spellcasting and preventing any spell in that school from being cast for 4 sec.

Mind Freeze
Smash the target's mind with cold, interrupting spellcasting and preventing any spell in that school from being cast for 4 sec.

Now you should understand stuns.

Hammer of Justice
Stuns the target for 6 sec.

Kidney Shot
Finishing move that stuns the target.

Deep Freeze
Stuns the target for 5 sec. Only usable on Frozen targets.

Notice the difference between the words Interrupts and the words Stuns.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
herp derp
Reply Quote
85 Human Paladin
No no it is broken, GO to BoT Clear trash your entire raid can be silenced. unless those are special silences that do not apply to aura mastery in which case yes it is working as it should and there is no point in wasting points in this talent, Also Tower of Radiance is broken you will not get holy power from FoL, HL, or DL when cast on beaconed players. happened to me last night in Naxx and in BoT trash clears.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
Qorefist, you may have had the wrong person beaconed.
Popping Aura Mastery does not CLEAR silences, nor does it affect players already silenced. It prevents silences, it never states that it clears them.

Here's an example of what the difference is.
Living Action Potion
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Paladin
no no no, it prevents pushback interruptions and basic interrupts like pummel and kick. It does not save us from counterspell, stranglegate, silence shot (?) or anything else like that.... from my experience.

even then, I think pummel and kick can still hit but at a decreased percentage rating.

Healing is a privilege now, not a right.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
01/27/2011 10:39 AMPosted by Yehvon
even then, I think pummel and kick can still hit but at a decreased percentage rating.

If this is true, I'm lucky and have always prevented a interruption >:)
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
AM provides immunity to all physical interrupts
Reply Quote
85 Human Paladin
I'd say it's useless then, if it cannot stop stuns, silences, and interrupts then it is not useful at all. It may have some value in increasing the effectiveness of other auras but this mechanic is a failure with concentration aura.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
You, sir, need to learn how to pvp then. This spell is invaluable when you've got a rogue, warrior, etc, on you.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
read the damn tooltip man - it is exeptionally useful in certain situations when using concentration aura, especially against warriors and rogues - you just need to be good enough to know when to use it.
Reply Quote
Well, if it's not working vs Counterspell, etc. (non-physical interrupts) it's not working as advertised, that's for sure.
Reply Quote
Aura mastery does not always cause you to be immune to interrupts, i have noticed it alot myself, i reported on a ticket and the GM agreed the same for his pally. So he than reported to blizzard as a bug that needs to be fixed. Maybe there is sometimes a small time-delay when casting it.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
are you certain you had concentration aura up at the time mine works fine except when im dumb enough to not change back from crusader
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
Just used it in BoT. With the "Pacified and Silenced" debuff, popped AM, and was able to cast - but the debuff stayed there. I imagine if I still had the debuff and AM expired, I'd be silenced. It will not remove the debuff, but you will be immune to the silence it may cause.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]