Stealth detection addon ...omg

(Locked)

Ok so i was doing BG's on my rogue and had many people run out of the way right to me and thought wtf is going on. NONE were hunters. Most were from Khaz'goroth server also. I thought hmm is stealth broken??? i did a search and found out that there is a stealth detection addon out there now. Bliz i am not going to link it because it all ready seems to be in WIDE use but you need to fix this and FAST.

Nothing like trying to play a rogue and having stealth being TOTALY useless.

Oh and as for the last person that chased me stealthed and went out of their way i checked to see if they had any potions on ... none, any equipment to see stealthed none.
Edited by Garzon on 1/28/2011 7:51 AM PST
The addon is quite old, I know because I've used it. It's called like paranoia or something which keeps track of WHEN people stealth, there's a big impossibility looming over your head that people can see you, and it's possible you've been having **%# luck, for the addon is only combat log based, and tells a user -when- a rogue is nearby, not where.
nearby? shoot they were going out of their way and right to me from easly 100 to 200 yards away.
100 Draenei Shaman
Trying to think of the best spot to send the URL.. im thinking wowgm@blizzard.com ??
85 Blood Elf Paladin
you can post the URL, then immedietely edit your post and remove the link. They can see the edits done on posts so would be able to see it even after you edit it out.

I am unsure though where the best place would be to report this.
76 Worgen Rogue
To test and see if it's "just you", try putting on a pair of Nightscape Boots or other stealth boosting items on: http://www.wowhead.com/item=8197#comments

At least this way you can increase your stealth level beyond what it normally is. I'm not advocating PvPing in them, of course, but just wear them for a while and see if people spot you from far away still.

Also, what level is your rogue? Obviously, if it's under-level (80-84 bracket and you're 81) then you're not going to do so well in stealth, except when you've got the Vanish buff up.
85 Night Elf Druid
There is no possible way for an addon to show you a stealthed player. You can detect the moment somebody does stealth, through parsing the combat log, but beyond that, there is no way of knowing their location.

It is likely they heard you stealth, and went in your direction, or that they were using potions that help with stealth detection.
82 Human Death Knight
It's been confirmed, through in game tickets, that stealth and vanish are still broken for rogues.
85 Tauren Paladin
Doesn't Carbonite have a built in add-on to detect straights players? Or was it just different factions?
85 Blood Elf Rogue
Because it's a nice addon: http://www.wowinterface.com/downloads/info19042-StealthWatch.html

Also, Carbonite has a "enemey players near you" thing. Not sure how it works.

And the only way to kill StealthWatch would be to make "Plays gains stealth" messages not show in combat log... Which we rogues would love.. but everyone else would say is OP.
90 Night Elf Priest
There's nothing wrong with detecting someone stealthing near you and that's not the issue here anyway.
OP was saying he is visible through his stealth. Which is the first I've heard of but whatever. Could be a sporadic bug I guess.
85 Worgen Death Knight
I suppose if you don't play with game sound on you may not realize this, but any even halfway experienced player would instantly know the "Grats, you stepped on a rogue" sound. If you're a lower level (bottom of a leveling BG bracket) this is even wider of a range for them. It can seem a bit ridiculous.
86 Tauren Warrior
why did we necro a 5 month old post to add there is a sound effect in game for stealth?
100 Human Priest
Why is it ok to have an addon to mark healers but,OMG detect stealth addon,this has to be fixed and now...LOL
91 Blood Elf Paladin
Do not necro threads.
100 Night Elf Hunter
Why is it ok to have an addon to mark healers but,OMG detect stealth addon,this has to be fixed and now...LOL

Because healers are already possible to spot, marking addons aren't able to access any more information than is already available to us. You can tell by the color of the spell animations for one, the combat log for two. Stealth on the other hand, is meant to make you completely invisible and undetectable. When you are stealthed, you aren't supposed to be seen at all. There's no information sent out about where you are, so if an addon is able to do it, something is wrong.
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]