new guilds

83 Blood Elf Paladin
How many of your are having issues trying to make a new guild from scratch this exspansion? It seems like its difficult to get members. Most players won't join your guild unless its level 9 plus. And if they do join. They leave for a better the min they see a higher level guild advertise. My friend and i have pretty much given up on the idea of having a leveling guild of our own. the benefits of joining a already exsisting guild just outways the struggles of trying to make a new guild.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
I agree, it's an uphill battle, but there are other reason's to join a guild. Figure out what you can offer that others don't or can't provide.

I am slowely growing mine.
Reply Quote
85 Gnome Warlock
I actually posted about this in the general forums before I found this place. I was actually pretty frustrated. What i've realized is you have to 1. offer people something.

I have a level 1 guild and wanted to focus on old school raids for retired raiders (short description). so i changed my recruitment message from the generic

We are a casual guild looking for member to level and raid with

to

Do you want to see more content? Offiering repairs and organized activies.

I think as time goes by players will realize they are xp batteries and move on, guild perks or no. If you're truly serious about being a GM of a leveling guild I would stick to it. Also it occured to me no reason you can't do dead mine runs or help organizes randoms and post in trade for unguilded players to join.
Reply Quote
85 Troll Druid
pfft, this discussion has already partly took place

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/1965991386?page=1

If you make a serious raiding guild, and that is your goal, and you have friends/good players with you. who cares about the stupid guild perks from a lvl blah guild, they ArE NOT GAMEBREAKING nor will they help you down a boss in any manner that will have you saying "MAN we HAVE to have that to down this boss!!"
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]