People's of Azeroth and the Outlands, I bring to you the first Wowlympics in the history of all time. Sponsored by the one, the only, Samiel of the RPPvP Server The Venture Co. Realm En US. This event will take place <POSTPONED UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE!>. All races, classes, and factions are welcome. For a list of rules please scroll to the bottom of this post.
Each race will nominate 3 candidates for the Wowlympics. At this time there is only one event planed. The Triathlon. The Triathlon will be a race of wits and courage and is not for the faint of heart. This event will take teamwork to the extreme. If a race has fewer than 3 candidates, than the current candidates are allowed to take turns in the three parts of the race.
The Triathlon will take place in Kalimdor and will run from Ratchet to Gadgetzan so all nominees must be level 60 or higher. There are three parts to the Triathlon. The first is the mounted race through the Southern Barrens to the divering board of Thousand Needles. The second part is a swim across the old Shimmering Flats to the edge of Tanaris. The Final portion is a foot race to Gadgetzan.
The first team to trade Samiel (Alliance) or the Horde Representative (we have none at this time, taking volunteers) the Letter of Recognition, which will be distributed shortly before the race to prevent cheating, will win the prize of 15,000 gold which will be distributed among the winning team evenly. At each of the three checkpoints the Letter must be handed off the the awaiting teammate, if a team finishes and the Letter is not present on the finisher, the next team to arrive with a Letter wins.
1. No killing the opposite Faction
2. No armor or clothing during the swimming portion
3. No flying mounts or equivalent forms, potions, spells, etc.
4. No aquatic form or travel form from druids and no ghost wolf form from shaman
5. Aura's are allowed from paladins as well as mounted speed buffs from talents or trinkets/enhancements during the mounted portion only.
6. No waterwalking, swim speed potions, or any other effect that will make you faster in the water than your opponent.
7. Absolutely no trash talking or offensive language/gestures
8. Rogues may only use sprint during the footrace portion, not to run on the swimming portion
9. Druids may use dash during the footrace portion and worgen may use Dark Flight, however, Running wild may only be used during the mounted portion
10. Have fun!
If any of the above rules are broken, the team that broke them is disqualified. There will be Officers monitoring the event to make sure everyone is playing fair.
I reserve the right to make any changes to this document in the near or distant future to better the event and make WoW a better game to the best of my power.