Removing due to out of date
Edited by Kazistrasza on 11/4/2013 5:04 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Warlock
Removing due to out of date.
Edited by Kazistrasza on 11/4/2013 5:03 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior
I liked it, it's a good guide for people just starting to get their feet wet in BWD/BoT, and could use a few pointers.
Reply Quote
01/31/2011 11:44 PMPosted by Turagent
I liked it, it's a good guide for people just starting to get their feet wet in BWD/BoT, and could use a few pointers.

You have a 5% gap in your dodge/parry percentages. Are diminishing returns not as big as a deal as everyone claims?
Reply Quote
"Use keybinds that make sense to you. On my warlock, my banish is Shift+B, and on my paladin and druid, the rez is on Shift+R. One important thing is that if, like many players, you have multiple characters, try to keep similar skills on similar keybinds. If E is your interrupt, make E your interrupt on ever class with an interrupt. If Shift+C is your CC, then Shift+C should be the CC for every class you have. This way, if you’re asked to bring your alt for a particular fight, or to fill a gap due to certain members of your core being absent, you don’t get caught in the heat of the fight thinking, “Fear was on F, but where’s Repentance!?” If you have Dual Spec (let’s face it, you really should and it’s only 10g now), keep as many of the same skills in the same places as you can. Innervate can be the same key for both Feral DPS and Resto, as can Consecration for Prot and Ret. "

I cannot Stress this part ENOUGH.. this is HUGE for anyone with multiple alts. Not to mention obvious things like SHift B for banish

No one seems to know you can bind the entire left side of your keyboard to shift+ ..

All your skills should be bound to the following keys with exceptions of professions, and hearthstone.

1-6
Shift 1-6
Z
X
V
G
H
T
Y
I

Shift + Q, W, E, T, Y, A, S, D, F, G, H, Z, X, C, V, B, I

Thats 37 binds. I use all of them.
(R, Shift R are still for reply modes, B bags)
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Warlock
@Turagant: Thanks! I'm glad you liked it. I figure with all of the skilled players complaining about unskilled players and all the unskilled players complaining about content/skilled players' attitudes, I might as well put something out to help boost average skill level. If you think it's good enough, vote sticky for it.

@Stompee: That has absolutely nothing to do with this post. Please refrain from off-topic replies.

@Jeslis: Yeah, so many people just bind shift+1 to shift+= and ctrl stuff and don't use the actual keys. If you're just doing PvE you can get by with that, but it's just ineffective.
Reply Quote
Those are my PvE binds -- I dont pvp much >.>
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Warlock
I'm the same way, but you can at least get by without good binds in PvE, you can't get by click casting in PvP, haha.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Death Knight
typo in the first sentence:

"Simple"

edit: not trolling, trying to legitimize ur post
Edited by Sio on 2/1/2011 10:24 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Warlock
^Thanks. I'm a Computer Science major; English might as well be a third language, haha.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior
01/31/2011 11:49 PMPosted by Stompee

You have a 5% gap in your dodge/parry percentages. Are diminishing returns not as big as a deal as everyone claims?

5% is about as high as you can go without the DR kicking in too hard. Also, my dodge jumps a lot higher while in a raid setting also due to the 5% agility increase, while my parry doesn't increase as dramatically from the 5% strength. Extra Hold the Line procs help out immensely as well.
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Warlock
Thanks Zaph! I'll definitely figure out a place to stick in the more detailed stuff about UIs. The logs and parsing stuff is a bit more in depth than being a basic guide. At that point you're getting doing more of the work yourself than simply utilizing resources, and that requires a bit more advanced user. This is meant for the average Joe that got to 85, has done some heroics maybe, might have did a little bit of WotLK, and is looking at how to get up to expected level in a raid.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
This should be given sticky status Blues.. Come on. Then when someone complains about the current Cata raid tier needing a nerf we can just link this thread and say - Fix yourself before you ask for the game to be fixed...

Reply Quote
90 Gnome Warlock
Okay, so rather than throwing in more details than necessary into the UI section, I just added a section at the bottom with examples of the websites and Addons I use for people to see what kind of things I'm talking about.
Reply Quote
85 Draenei Shaman
02/01/2011 3:23 PMPosted by Drágónsláyer
This should be given sticky status Blues.. Come on. Then when someone complains about the current Cata raid tier needing a nerf we can just link this thread and say - Fix yourself before you ask for the game to be fixed...
Ah, the innocent.

That you think this will work is endearing. =)

(they're just going to say you didn't tell them anything and/or that they've already read it and are doing everything correctly. One in a million, will the person actually go "Oh, hey, i didn't see that, thanks.")

That being said, it doesn't mean we can't try. Make this thread sticky, blues.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]