I sent mail to wrong person

85 Night Elf Druid
I sent 1kg to the wrong person and ment to send it to Trígerhappy
as of what i checked the person i sent it to was a level 3 preist that hasnt bin on for months
if any one could tell me what i can do i would be very thanful
83 Troll Mage
Make a gm ticket.
100 Tauren Shaman
You can open a ticket and ask a GM if they could knock it back for you. NOTE: they can only do this if the player has not taken out of the mailbox, TIME IS KEY.

GL
85 Night Elf Druid
thanks i have a ticket open but i have to log off and go to sleep hope gm get to it in time
40 Draenei Paladin
01/31/2011 9:05 PMPosted by Twogood
thanks i have a ticket open but i have to log off and go to sleep hope gm get to it in time

In-Game response times are approximated as follows: Petitions Queue Duration: 1h: 12m

Twitter.com/BlizzardCS

They should be able to get to it fairly quickly.
85 Human Priest
It would not be a bad idea to send a followup mail to this other email, and just ask them to return the coin. Many players are honest, and will respond to an honest "oops I made a mistake" mail.
40 Draenei Paladin
01/31/2011 9:16 PMPosted by Jagang
you can try making a ticket, but they won't do anything, mail is considered one of those protected things that gm can't affect, your only recourse is to try and talk to the person and have them send the money back, but should they choose not to, nothing will happen to them, mail is like a ah, if you hit bid, or buyout your stuck with that item.

This is 100% not true. GMs can, and have in the past, been able to intercept and return mail in such a situation.
85 Night Elf Druid
thats not the point i would of done that but this is an alt i am guessing that has not bin on in months i checked about 3 months ago and recetly and they are still level 3
Support Forum Agent
01/31/2011 9:05 PMPosted by Twogood

If this character hasn't been on for months odds are good a Game Master will be able to get to your issue before they return. :)

Though I cannot guarantee, it sounds like this is a situation in which we'll be able to help. Leave your petition open, Twogood, as long as you included enough information regarding your request the Game Master will be able to look into the request.
85 Night Elf Druid
thank you mod should i put the ticket on both toons or just the one where the gold was sent from
60 Worgen Warrior
Just the one is enough.
85 Human Priest
Even if the GM is unable to assist you, if it's true that this player is on a dormant or frozen account, you'll get the coinage back in thirty days when the mail is returned. So, there is a silver lining.
This topic has expired. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]