PvP Mage Macros- Suggestions add your own.

(Sticky)

90 Human Mage
i never use macros and i do just fine some one give me a good reason why i should
Reply Quote
85 Gnome Mage
Not really sure why nobody has added this, I've been using it since IV was added to the game

#showtooltip Cold Snap
/Cast Icy Veins
/Cast Cold Snap

If you haven't used IV and you cold snap, it will use it before you snap so you don't waste it, given it has no GCD and costs very little mana.
Reply Quote
87 Goblin Mage
Can you please explain to me what the "!" is doing for your ae macros? I have several similar macros with no "!" and they seem to work just the same as if I click the spell not the macro.
Edited by Leländ on 4/12/2011 1:53 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Atimos, I can't get your macro to work

FrostFullCDs (assumes on-use trinket in slot 13 [top slot])
#showtooltip
/castsequence reset=10/combat !Freeze,Mirror Image,13,Deep Freeze,Flame Orb,Icy Veins,Cold Snap,Deep Freeze,Flame Orb,Frostbolt

I made a button for it, but when i target something, the sequence ends after freeze. I double/triple checked the macro, all CD's were full. I like the idea of the macro, but can't get it to work
Edited by Lonelron on 4/15/2011 11:04 AM PDT
Reply Quote
87 Goblin Mage
Atimos (in response to thread number 46),

I had to look up "reticule" in the dictionary because I still do not have an understanding of what you are saying that the ! does in the macro.

Dictionary.com:
ret·i·cule [ret-i-kyool]
–noun
1.a small purse or bag, originally of network but later of silk, rayon, etc.
2.Optics . reticle.

Unfortunatly, this does done help me understand what you are talking about. Can you please brake it down for me using simple words that "most" wow players can understand?

What does placing ! in an ae macro do for the player? Or maybe just simplify the explanation and explain to me what a "targeting reticule" is?
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Mage
Atimos (in response to thread number 46),

I had to look up "reticule" in the dictionary because I still do not have an understanding of what you are saying that the ! does in the macro.

Dictionary.com:
ret·i·cule [ret-i-kyool]
–noun
1.a small purse or bag, originally of network but later of silk, rayon, etc.
2.Optics . reticle.

Unfortunatly, this does done help me understand what you are talking about. Can you please brake it down for me using simple words that "most" wow players can understand?

What does placing ! in an ae macro do for the player? Or maybe just simplify the explanation and explain to me what a "targeting reticule" is?

They're talking about that green circle thingy that shows where you're gonna drop your spell.

With the ! in the macro, the green circle thingy doesn't disappear if you hit the button more than once.
Edited by Qarosimae on 4/18/2011 7:57 AM PDT
Reply Quote
87 Goblin Mage
Ahhhhh....green circle thingy = reticule.
Reply Quote
Question for a pvp macro. Is there a way to have a macro change your armor? My thought is that if you cast counterspell, you're likely fighting a clothie and mage armor would be more appropriate, so perhaps /cast counter spell /cast mage armor. Likewise, if your casting frost nova, you're likely fighting melee, so /cast frost nova, /cast frost armor. Both armor casts would be wasted gcd if you already have those armors up, but, if not, those armors could be handy. Thoughts?
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
I was hoping I could just add /petattack before FB/FFB/IL etc. so whatever I'm attacking, my pet is attacking. Unfortunately every time you press any of those macros to use the abilities, the pet restarts its cast...so if you're spamming something your put just stands there.

I was hoping I didn't have to just dedicate a bind to it...I already press CTR+1 constantly to make it attack my target so I guess an easier bind would be called for but is there really no way to make /petattack or something similar spammable?

Thanks
Edited by Jehfee on 4/22/2011 8:22 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Ah, thx for answer.
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Mage
Deep Freeze + RoF:
#showtooltip Deep Freeze
/cast [nomod] Deep Freeze; [mod:shift] Ring of Frost

One Button Mage Armor:
/cast [mod:ctrl] Molten Armor; [mod:alt] Mage Armor; Frost Armor

Ice Blocks, Cold Snap with mod, Icy Veins used before CS:
#showtooltip Ice Block
/stopcasting
/cast [mod:shift] Icy Veins
/cast [nomod] Ice Block; [mod:shift] Cold Snap
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Mage
Ice Lance + Frostfire Bolt:
/dismount
/cancelaura Ice Block
/cancelaura Invisibility
/cast [nomod] Ice Lance; [mod:shift] Frostfire Bolt

Counterspell w/ Focus and Arcane Explosion:
/stopcasting
/cast [nomod] Counterspell
/cast [mod:ctrl] Arcane Explosion
/cast [mod:leftshift] [target=focus] Counterspell

One Button Pet Macro:
#showtooltip Summon Water Elemental
/cast [nopet] Summon Water Elemental
/stopmacro [nopet]
/petpassive
/petfollow
/cast [nomod] [Water Elemental] Freeze
/petattack

You can add the macro below with a modifier to the pet button already used to move your pet:
/click PetActionButton3 LeftButton
Reply Quote
5 Tauren Hunter
need macro help ... basically something like this:

if a focus target exists, select it

if a focus target does not exist, target next enemy target

thanks all =}
Reply Quote
90 Human Mage
Hello all, i need a macro that when i left click i focus my target and then sheep it, if i RIGHT click i sheep my focused target..

/focus
/cast Polymorph(Turtle)
/cast [button:2][target=focus] Polymorph(Turtle)

something like that but it has to work:P mine doesnt. any ideas?:)
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]