PvP Mage Macros- Suggestions add your own.

(Sticky)

85 Human Warlock
04/05/2011 05:57 AMPosted by Ireap
i never use macros and i do just fine some one give me a good reason why i should

Because you're human and the tab-target system isn't intuitive.

04/19/2011 09:57 AMPosted by Leländ
Ahhhhh....green circle thingy = reticule.

Yes, that is correct. As for the "!", its to keep toggle spells (stealth, rain of fire, blizzard, freeze) from immediately being canceled because you're spamming the button.
Edited by Yazzil on 5/17/2011 9:43 AM PDT
Reply Quote
85 Human Mage
can someone make a macro that casts mage ward and ice barrier in one keystroke? thanks

id like it to cast ice barrier first and if mage ward isnt already on me to cast mage ward after the ice barrier
Edited by Palumbo on 5/18/2011 1:44 PM PDT
Reply Quote
85 Undead Mage
I am looking a way to use the same button to cast Ice Lance and Frostfire Bolt... But i need to use Frostfire Bolt only when it instant cast...

Is there a way to create a macro to use a particular spell only when we are under the effect of a buff?
Reply Quote
85 Human Mage
/cast arcane power
/use mana gem
/cast mirror image
/activate presence of mind
/cast arcane blast
/cast flame orb

it only seems to cast the first 3 spells, help anyone?
Reply Quote
85 Human Mage
/cast Ice Lance
/Profit

Ice Lance hits for 4k, 16k crit on frozen targets without FoF, and with FoF maybe 22-25k depending on various things such as trinket procs and what not.

i can hit 21k with it :) it all depends on your hit, crit rating etc
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Mage
These are some alright macros, but have you guys seen the mage macros at http://wowmacrosguide.com
Reply Quote
43 Blood Elf Mage
One I like to use in PvP for arcane is

Instant Cast Polymorph

/cast Presence of Mind
/stop casting Presence of Mind
/cast Polymorph

EDIT: put a space it between "Instant Cast Polymorph" and first line of macro, so ppl don't think that's part of the macro.
Edited by Keyalorian on 6/6/2011 6:46 PM PDT
Reply Quote
85 Undead Warlock
I use this for every character:

With an eye icon or something

/focus [@mouseover,exists] []

This macro will focus your mouseover if you have one. If you don't, it will focus your target. If you have neither a mouseover nor a target, it clears your focus.

Same principle works for Focus targets and Polymorph or Counterspell.

Counterspell focus if exists. If not, counterspell mouseover if exists. If not, counterspell target. Same for sheep.

#showtooltip
/cast [@focus,exists][@mouseover,exists][] Counterspell

And this is the macro I've used for a water elemental forever, I don't know why you guys make it complicated

#showtooltip
/cast [pet] Freeze; Summon Water Elemental
Reply Quote
32 Dwarf Paladin
#showtooltip I WIN
/cast roll face onto keyboard freezing the entire world of Azeroth
/cast Ice Lance
/jump (to jump a charge in case a warrior gets too close before he is frozen or in case a DK tries to Death Grip you)
/dance
/yell LOL Blizz loves me!

That's the only one you need this expansion.
Reply Quote
86 Orc Rogue
I came up with a spiffy one. You start casting frostbolt and the green targetting circle for pet's freeze comes up. Land it on the target before your frostbolt is released, if you need

#showtooltip Frostbolt
/cast Freeze
/cast Frostbolt
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Mage
Just put /pet attack into all your spells helps to make sure your pet isnt off bothering some healer when it should be within it's freeze spell's range.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Mage
One I like to use in PvP for arcane is

Instant Cast Polymorph

/cast Presence of Mind
/stop casting Presence of Mind
/cast Polymorph

EDIT: put a space it between "Instant Cast Polymorph" and first line of macro, so ppl don't think that's part of the macro.

just shift modifier presence of mind into arcane blast and polymorph, that way if you want an instant polymorph shift click ur polymorph if u want an instant arcane blast shift click arcane blast...
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Mage
/cast arcane power
/use mana gem
/cast mirror image
/activate presence of mind
/cast arcane blast
/cast flame orb

it only seems to cast the first 3 spells, help anyone?

Geez... why not just put all your spells into one easy to click button why dont you?... when you want to stop press the w key...
Reply Quote
73 Draenei Mage
2 questions...

What is the significance of putting in [target=focus] in the macros...I don't really get what focuses are for exactly. Also, why put the ''!'' in front of the spell casts, I don't get the explanation that was given...''- Pet Freeze, just adds ! to any target area ability''
Reply Quote
85 Goblin Mage
is there a macro for using my icy veins + the trinket that gives spell power at the same time? tnks :D
Reply Quote
Actually, its not a macro and i use bartender add on wich makes this easy but i digress, I simply and my bottom most actionbarb i hotkeyed slowfall (.) and my ground mount (Ctrl, .) my OTHER ground mount (Shift,.) and my flying mount (Alt,.) Again, not a macro but it works for me at least. maybe itll work for you. :D
02/01/2011 02:30 PMPosted by Tusktildawn
the mount/slowfall macro doesn't seem to work for me, unless i actually mouseclick the macro key. otherwise, it will only slowfall if mounted and shift is not held down. thoughts?
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]