PvP Mage Macros- Suggestions add your own.

(Sticky)

85 Orc Warrior
/cast icy veins
/cast cold snap
Reply Quote
91 Undead Mage

/run if not IsMounted() then local g,f,s={2},{12},{1} local t=(GetCurrentMapAreaID()==(610 or 614 or 615) and IsSwimming()) and s or (IsFlyableArea() and not IsShiftKeyDown()) and f or g CallCompanion("MOUNT",t[random(#t)]) end
/dismountg, f, and s stand for ground, flying, and swimming mouts. Simply replace the appropriate bracket with the # of the mounts (comma delimited) that you would like to randomly switch between in the g,f,s={2},{12},{1} part. Automatically uses a swim mount in vash, flying mount if possible, and ground mount otherwise.

#showtooltip Blue Wind Rider
/cast [nomounted,nomod:shift,flyable] Blue Wind Rider
/cast [nomounted,nomod:shift] Purple Skeletal Warhorse
/stopmacro [nomounted,nomod:shift]
/dismount
/cast [modifier:shift] Slow Fall

Is all this really necessary? This one works fine for me:

/cast <Swim Mount>
/cast Wind Rider

Or, if you have a drake:

/cast <Swim Mount>
/cast <Drake>
/cast <Ground Mount>

If you want to randomize, you can always do /castrandom instead.
Reply Quote
85 Draenei Mage
the maros have helped me a bunch thanks guys :)
Reply Quote
100 Human Paladin
I'd have to say no to the combustion cooldowns macro.
Combustion is based off pyroblast, ignite and living bomb, both of which benefit from increased haste, usually between a 20 and 60% dmg increase depending on time warp / trinket proc / on use etc. An auto combustion macro without these denies the increased damage on all of your dots, preferably you'd get / force a hot streak, pop all cd's, force a crit with it for the pyro / ignite dot, refresh living bomb for the new duration with an extra 10000-15000 dmg then hit combustion (hoping for an ignite along the way to spread the "joy") and watch the nice hordies go buh-bye :P.

If anyone actually hasn't figured the above out on their own then gratz on reading this, have fun seeing 100k+ dps against multiple targets and 20-30k combustion tick crits against low resil targets.
Reply Quote
Anyone have the old cast Ice Barrier and Mana Shield in one macro?

Also, is there some kind of macro where you blast wave only on the spot your on? Like the old blast wave in BC? Can help without me moving the mouse on where the player is, pressing blast wave then clicking. It's annoying in my opninion especiially when fighting melee where you could just have it on your spot.

Plus I got some.

Takes you out of Ice block if already in it, if not then casts ice block.

#showtooltip Ice Block
/stopcasting
/cancelaura Ice Block
/cast Ice Block

This can be VERY useful, like lets say your eating a full stun lock on a rogue and he vanishes to continue.

/stopcasting
/cast Frost Nova

Stopcasting to say your already casting something. Can also be used with Arcane explosion :)
Edited by Nußietwo on 5/8/2012 1:55 PM PDT
Reply Quote
As a mount macro, I use this bound to shift+x

#showtooltip Magnificent Flying Carpet
/cast [noflyable,nomounted] Magnificent Flying Carpet;
[flyable,nomounted] Magnificent Flying Carpet

What would I put so that when I press shift+x while mounted, it dismounts as it does now, but in addition, if I press it again, cast slowfall on myself? Thanks for the help!
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Here's a simple macro I use to replace Blink:

#showtooltip Blink
/cancelaura Ice Block
/cast Blink

It basically allows you to Blink out of Ice Block. Has it's use in PvE and mostly PvP.
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Mage
Here's a simple macro I use to replace Blink:

#showtooltip Blink
/cancelaura Ice Block
/cast Blink

It basically allows you to Blink out of Ice Block. Has it's use in PvE and mostly PvP.

This is awesomesauce. Now if only somebody could tell me why the same concept doesn't work for Invisibility when specced arcane with Prismatic Cloak (removes the 3 second wait, immediate invis). I have it set up as:

#showtooltip Invisibility
/cancelaura Ice Block
/stopcasting
/cast Invisibility

When I hit it I get "Can't do that while invulnerable." I have tried it with the /stopcasting above and below the cancelaura, and with the /stopcasting taken out completely. Am I doing it wrong, or is it just not possible to have this macro? I'm getting tired of getting Kill Shotted as I remove the ice block and before i manage to hit the button again to Invis.

EDIT: The Blink macro works, which confuses the living crap out of me. Why should it let me blink right after a cancel ice block, but not invis? Is it a bug that's been overlooked? Also, the macro on the first page for cancelling ice block and casting ice lance gives me the same "Can't do that while invulnerable" message.
Edited by Corivana on 7/25/2012 1:11 AM PDT
Reply Quote
Lmao i dont even use a Stop casting CS macro, i just use escape, as do i play fire for pvp so no need for a macro, sure it makes things simpler for some occasions but escape is just fine.
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Mage
Fire Specific

#showtooltip Mirror Images
/stopcasting
/Cast Mirror Images
/use Volcanic Potion

(Optional)
/use 13
/use 14
Edited by Snacksíze on 8/1/2012 7:49 AM PDT
Reply Quote
3 Orc Warrior
/clearfocus [button:2]
/stopmacro [button:2]
/clearfocus [target=focus,dead]
/clearfocus [target=focus,noexists]
/focus [mod:shift,target=focus,noexists]
/cast [mod:shift, target=focus] Polymorph(turtle);
/cast [nomod:shift] Polymorph(turtle)

without modifier, it's sheeping the current target
with modifier, it set the current target focused and/or sheep the focused target
Reply Quote
3 Orc Warrior
/stopcasting
/cast [mod:shift,target=focus,nodead,exists]Counterspell;
/cast [nomod:shift]Counterspell

cs the current target
or cs the focused target with modifier
Reply Quote
100 Human Mage
Track Frost Bomb and auto apply off of every CD. Nuke with Frostbolt without being interfered with by Frost Bomb CD or Freeze CD. Cast pet freeze off of every CD simultaneously with Frostbolt or Frost Bomb. Use synapse springs engineering tinker if you are an engineer automatically every minute (/use 10) and eliminate red error text from UI if you wish not to see it. If you are not an engineer or you do wish to see error text, omit lines 4 and 8. If you are using different talents or spells (spec) you can replace lines 1 & 6 with Nether Tempest or Living Bomb, line 3 with Ice Floes or Scorch, line 5 with your main nuke, and eliminate line 7 if you're not frost.

#showtooltip Frost Bomb
/targetenemy [dead][noharm]
/cast Presence of Mind
/use 10
/cast Frostbolt
/cast Frost Bomb
/cast Freeze
/script UIErrorsFrame:Clear()

Cast Ice Lance with a modifier for pet Freeze. You can eliminate lines 2 and 4 if you prefer targeting manually and viewing error text on UI.

#showtooltip Freeze
/cast [nomodifier] Ice Lance; [modifier:alt] Freeze

A frost macro that exploits several cooldowns simultaneously. Track Icy Veins CD, use current on use trinket, use Alter Time to extend Icy Veins (and Time Warp if cast beforehand) and cast main nuke to eliminate down time while proccing burst CD's. Credit for original macro goes to Icy Veins website (www.icyveins.com) Original macro does not have trinket included.

#showtooltip Icy Veins
/cast Icy Veins
/use Flashfrozen Resin Globule
/cast Alter Time
/cast Frostbolt

An arcane macro that tracks the CD of Arcane Power, uses a mana gem to restore mana during burn phase, pops mirror images and nukes target for downtime elimination. You can incorporate Alter Time in this burn macro as well if you like. (I have not tried that yet.)

#showtooltip Arcane Power
/use Brilliant Mana Gem
/castsequence reset=5 Arcane Power, Arcane Blast, Mirror Image, Arcane Blast

This macro simply eliminates UI error script from appearing when casting as well as engages synapse springs off of every cool down in any event that you did not activate them from your nuke spell because of proc. This macro can be modified to cast Ice Lance, Pyroblast, and Inferno Blast as well.

#showtooltip Arcane Barrage
/use 10
/use Arcane Barrage

If you're using Ice Ward, set your tank as focus and refresh every cool down. If focus is present it will cast on focus. If no focus is present, it will cast on target. If not target is present, it will cast on self. You can always press Alt to self cast even if there is a target or focus set.

#showtooltip Ice Ward
/cast [@focus,exists][@target] Ice Ward

Blink with modifiers to go invisible using Alt same key, and use trinket with Ctrl. Replace Every Man for Himself with appropriate trinket or racial ability if desired. Ensures pet will follow if currently attacking or moved. (although I think that's automatic now?)

#showtooltip Blink
/petfollow
/use [nomodifier] Blink; [modifier: alt] Invisibility; [modifier: ctrl] Every Man for Himself

I need this one verified. My intention is to cast Ice Barrier first and Incanter's War OVER Ice Barrier so that Incanter's Ward absorbs damage first for benefits, but so that Ice Ward stays up as the proceeding damage mitigation barrier without having to be cast separately or interfering with Incanter's Ward abilities. I'm not sure if the order even matters.

#showtooltip
/castsequence reset=25 Ice Barrier, Incanter's Ward

Allows the cast and immediate subsequent spread of Living Bomb through Inferno Blast. Recommended to keep Inferno Blast as a separate key for on demand crits and this macro should be used as an opener and subsequent applications of Living Bomb in multiple target scenarios.

#showtooltip Inferno Blast
/castsequence reset=8 Living Bomb, Inferno Blast

Casts cooking fire, equips chef's hat and opens cooking profession menu all simultaneously. You can add cooking equipment for MoP in this macro if desired on individual lines below or above chef's hat by /equip [item].

/use Cooking
/equip Chef's Hat
/cast Cooking Fire

Summon a random mount based on whether you can fly or not in a given zone. Input your favorite mounts, just be mindful of character limits. Allows you to dismount using the same key from any mount even if summoned separately from outside the macro. You can create a similar macro for pets by simply eliminating everything except for "/userandom" and just list your favorite pets after "/userandom" to summon different pets from your favorite collection.

/userandom [flyable, nomounted] Frosty Flying Carpet, Turbo-Charged Flying Machine, Red Flying Cloud
/userandom [noflyable, nomounted] Frosty Flying Carpet, Turbo-Charged Flying Machine, Red Flying Cloud
/dismount [mounted]

A simple macro I'm sure a lot of people use, but very handy. Minding character limits simply create a target list of your raid responsibilities or priorities. This is derived from an old variation of what used to be called the Bloody Rare macro before NPC Scan. You can use this to target guildies and friends as well if you like to find them quickly in cities for trade or whatever... if you're a stalker or creeper... whatever. :P

/target Twilight Sapper
/target Shadow Borer
/target Elementium Bolt
/target Flamewaker Cauterizer
/target North Sea Kraken
/target Twilight Shadow-Walker
/target Interloper
/target Vhel'kur

A fishing macro I'm sure has been repeated throughout the forums. Equips any fishing gear you have including enchanted gloves and your fishing pole. Allows you to cast fishing repeatedly after equipping. Still must use cursor to claim catch. Clears UI error script.

/equipslot 16 Mastercraft Kalu'ak Fishing Pole
/equipslot 1 Weather-Beaten Fishing Hat
/equipslot 10 Mystical Gloves of the Owl
/cast Fishing
Edited by Onieous on 10/11/2012 12:13 AM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Human Mage
I should note that cast sequence reset values are based on haste for some spells and reset timers initiate after the last spell cast in the sequence (meaning the last time you clicked or pressed the key). If you wish to target manually you can remove any line that says /targetenemy [dead][noharm]. If you wish to view UI error scripts you can remove any line that says /script UIErrorsFrame:Clear()
Reply Quote
90 Human Mage
hey anyone have the one shot macro???
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Mage
So can anyone help me out with, what I thought would be a simple macro. I'm trying to make a macro for placing bombs onto specific targets without needing to target them. Using "/cast [target=Jade Guardian] Living Bomb" as an example. Mean its not working, if I make the target=focus, and have it as my focus it works. What do I need to do in the macro to have it target specific targets. or was this removed for some reason as a feature. Because I know it use to work with a name way back in the day.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]