Why don't hunters get an inherent interrupt?

85 Orc Hunter
Hunters are one of the only dps classes, that have to actually spec into their spell interrupt and then at that it's a 20 second cooldown? How is that remotely fair when looking at the other classes?

Rogue - Kick - 10 second cd.
Warrior - Pummel - 10 second cd.
Shaman - windshear - 6 second cd!
Pally - getting rebuke, every spec 10 sec cd!
Druid - cyclone, says enough... along with ferals abilities
Lock - 1 of 3 fear abilities, on top of pet silence
Mage - CS - Not just an interrupt, but op as hell, locks out that school for 8 secs!?
Dk - Strangulate, 2 min without talents, pet stun, etc.
Priests - 45 sec talented(shadow only) 5 sec silence.

So not only do hunters easily, have the WORST self healing of any other class, we also have the least viable options of bringing down spellcasters, and/or healers.

Silencing shot should be a 10 second cooldown spell, that all hunters get, period. Hell, 3 of the 4 healing classes get an innate spell interrupt, or cc that is quite easily more powered then anything hunters get to cc or to intterupt.
Edited by Lobox on 2/3/2011 5:12 PM PST
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
You have scatter shot -> ice block.

I don't remember the cooldown on that though.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Hunter
the OP has some of his facts wrong, but hunters do need a base interupt that works on bosses, my suggestion for that would be to just make scatter shot interupt targets immune to disorenting effects
Reply Quote
85 Orc Hunter
Our scatter, then trap is considered our ONE cc, don't consider that even remotely close to an interrupt as other classes go. Especially not considering that EVERY other dps class gets an interrupt no matter which one of the three trees they spec into. Hunters, a pure dps class, get one interrupt, on a 20 second cooldown, in one tree.

All of that, along with we're the only pure dps class that gets only one self heal, in one of our trees. Rogues, warriors, mages, locks, dk's don't have to be one specific spec to heal, why is it that hunters do?

Don't give me that nonsense crap that if we spec BM, and then get a spirit beast, we get a self heal, that is a pathetic example, and a pathetic heal compared to other dps classes, let alone the heals that hybrid classes give themselves, most of them while attacking.

Blizzard, fix this please.
Reply Quote
19 Undead Rogue
You are crying about having to spec for your interrupt... then mention priest silence? Shadowpriest silence takes 3 talent points to get (and is on a significantly longer cooldown).
Edited by Deuce on 2/3/2011 5:36 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Orc Hunter
We do have intimidate which also stuns the target for 15sec, but it is a 1min CD. I agree with OP that we need something more than that though. Silencing shot should last 5 seconds and have a CD of about 30 seconds. That to me seems fair..
Reply Quote
90 Orc Hunter
Actually I lied. Silencing shot is good enough already. It only has a 20 second CD and it doesn't cost focus. We also have freezing trap, intimidate, and feign death if a caster is targeting you. Those are the only ones I know from the back of my hand.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Hunter
02/03/2011 5:36 PMPosted by Deuce
You are crying about having to spec for your interrupt... then mention priest silence? Shadowpriest silence takes 3 talent points to get (and is on a significantly longer cooldown).

i agree that they need to give priests a base interupt as well, they could add a spell that interupts the target and scilences for 2 seconds with a 45 sec CD, and change the talent to reducing the CD by 15 seconds and increasing the scilence for 3 seconds

02/03/2011 5:39 PMPosted by Borfus
We do have intimidate which also stuns the target for 15sec, but it is a 1min CD. I agree with OP that we need something more than that though. Silencing shot should last 5 seconds and have a CD of about 30 seconds. That to me seems fair..

intimidation is a BM ability that is a 3 second stun, and proper BS proper spec will put is to a 45ish sec CD

scilencing shot is a MM ability, it does not need to be buffed

what is needed is a interupt (that works on bosses) that is precent regaurdless of spec

and as i posted above my sugestion is to make scatter shot viable for interupting bosses
Reply Quote
85 Orc Hunter
Chimera healing a lot!? Compared to what other class exactly? I won't even delve into this discussion, but the fact that chimera shot is a self heal that needs to be specced into, the only one we have, is what i'm pointing out here.

Just take rogues for example, with their 4% health every 3 seconds recuperate... compared to 5% every 9 seconds(both of those talented/glyphed examples) yeah, lets see the math...

5% every 9 compared to 12% every 9.....

which one wins?
Regardless of the fact for the rogue to get the full benefit of a 30 second recuperate, they don't have to be in LOS of their target, hell they don't even have to be out of stealth getting 40% of their health back.

Do any of you ever pvp? Ever? Have you ever, as a hunter right now, tried to bring down any healer, regardless of gear by yourself? Any spec? It's pathetic, we're the one pure dps class that really has no hope or dream of killing a healer by ourselves. Blizzard has made it so healers are hard to bring down, and some classes have trouble killing healers, but if you argue that mages, rogues, warlocks, warriors, dks, ferals, have a hard time killing a healer by themselves then you should stop posting on this matter.
Edited by Lobox on 2/3/2011 6:04 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Hunter
02/03/2011 5:21 PMPosted by Alfavhunter
the OP has some of his facts wrong, but hunters do need a base interupt that works on bosses, my suggestion for that would be to just make scatter shot interupt targets immune to disorenting effects

this would make me happy.
Reply Quote
85 Goblin Hunter
Raygun, did you try going survival and duelling him?

Edit: Fixed name.
Edited by Monkeypunch on 2/3/2011 6:19 PM PST
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Hunter
02/03/2011 6:02 PMPosted by Lobox
Chimera healing a lot!? Compared to what other class exactly? I won't even delve into this discussion, but the fact that chimera shot is a self heal that needs to be specced into, the only one we have, is what i'm pointing out here.

Just take rogues for example, with their 4% health every 3 seconds recuperate... compared to 5% every 9 seconds(both of those talented/glyphed examples) yeah, lets see the math...

5% every 9 compared to 12% every 9.....

which one wins?
Regardless of the fact for the rogue to get the full benefit of a 30 second recuperate, they don't have to be in LOS of their target, hell they don't even have to be out of stealth getting 40% of their health back.

Do any of you ever pvp? Ever? Have you ever, as a hunter right now, tried to bring down any healer, regardless of gear by yourself? Any spec? It's pathetic, we're the one pure dps class that really has no hope or dream of killing a healer by ourselves. Blizzard has made it so healers are hard to bring down, and some classes have trouble killing healers, but if you argue that mages, rogues, warlocks, warriors, dks, ferals, have a hard time killing a healer by themselves then you should stop posting on this matter.

in prolonged pve fights the hunter can out heal any other classes self heal (excluding actual healers of course) because CS is a main dps mecanic in MM (its actually owrth using in 4.0.6) and will be used eevry CD

in a 5 min fight you can use CS about 35 times
5X35=175% of our hp over 5 min
rouges will not be using their self heal dudirng boss fights because they will prioritize dps (tho a smart rouge would use it when expecting an aoe nuke to help the healers)

and on the pvp note for healer killing

it may take a while but it is doable if you can get him in to your trap

strategy for killing healers

put the 10% reduced healing on them, do a quick burst, scatter shot b4 he can heal,trap launch a freezing trap at him, before it hits do 1 more quick arcane shot, llet the full duration of the strap go by, do a quick burst and then scielence him (if MM) or wyrm sting him (if SV) or intimidate him(if BM), after that do the remaining all out burst

(each spec has an added element not listed above which include LnL, readyness, and beastial wrath)

MM would be the best spec for killing a healer due to having 6 seconds of scilence anouther scatter shot, and anouther trap to use (big CDS should be used for the 6 seconds of scielence)

note this is not a perfect guide due to trinkets and healers personal class mecanics, this is a starting point, every pvper knvows that not every1 will do the same thing so you must react by how your opponent acts
Edited by Alfavhunter on 2/3/2011 6:56 PM PST
Reply Quote
85 Orc Hunter
Whenever did you assume that this self healing argument had anything to do with pve? seriously, wake up.

Alfav, have you, ever, and i mean ever, this xpac, tried to dual a healer such as Raygun has mentioned? A healer that didn't just recently ding 85, cause he referred a friend to 60, then leveled quickly to 85 without ever entering a bg? I doubt you have looking at your ratings, and/or gear.

People, stop posting opinions unless you have experience in pvp this xpac.

Every single healer that you duel, will easily kill you in the end if they're trying, no matter the spec. Raygun, the only reason the pally didn't kill you is because he wasn't trying lol.
Reply Quote
100 Orc Hunter
Wait hunters need to spec for an interrupt?
*checks to try and find another hunter interrupt availiable*
Ah, yes we have 2, thats right 2 other interupts available, but they come with a price.
They are the Moth and Nether Ray.
Now I know people are gonna be like "why must I have a certain pet to use a dam interrupt?" well Ill answer that.
Because you are a hunter and we get little love, no go get your dam interrupting pets and learn to live with it!

Edit*
Oh and pvp isnt built around duels or 2v2, its built around 3v3.
Edited by Waterfire on 2/3/2011 10:01 PM PST
Reply Quote
85 Orc Hunter
LOL really people? you're comparing, a buff, or debuff eating pet such as the warlocks that can pull you the owner out of cc if need be, that has a 24 second cooldown silence ability that is ranged and locks out a school of magic for 6 seconds, to what?! Our moth, and gorilla? Our moth with a one minute cooldown, and is at least ranged, and our gorilla with it's 2 second silence and 30 second cooldown but requires for the gorilla to be in melee range? WOW, tons of pvper's responding here I can tell(imply sarcasm).

Seriously, our self heals are the worst of any class, and we have the least amount of options of stopping a spell caster from either healing himself, or killing us, period. Go and grab your precious moth, or gorilla, go duel a disc priest, easily the worst healers as of right now, and tell me how long it takes for that disc priest to kill you.

All the while every other dps class can actually kill a healer, and heal themselves regardless of spec, or at least deter tons of damage(read frost mages into that), and not have to be specced into one specific tree for a weak silence ability that every other class gets(minus shadowpriests) and gets far better then hunters.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]