Why did you choose.......

This realm? My reason was that it had the coolest name of all the realms it offered me. Friends told me PvP realms were the most active and I am in favor of RP so why not?

What are your reason?

P.S. This is not a troll of any sort and I hope this stays on topic. However, from other threads this will likely not happen lol
Reply Quote
85 Goblin Mage
I heard all the retards kept to one guild.
Reply Quote
Thats a good reason...?
Reply Quote
100 Tauren Druid
Woe
Because I assumed that an RP-PVP realm would be more mature than a normal PVP or PVE realm, and I was just rerolling to play with an IRL friend after BC.

I was dreadfully mistaken.
Edited by Antipodus on 2/2/2011 7:07 PM PST
Reply Quote
Started on Sen'jin because an RL friend told me that he'd help me. He did not so I quit that toon and moved to a pvp realm with a group of other RL friends. Later on an acquaintance of mine and a friend of theirs (who happened to be a massive tool) complained about being ganked once and transferred his level 36 hunter off to a pve realm where "there are less douche bags" and the others followed. So I, the lone traveler, moved here.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Warrior
My friends play WoW also and we chose this server due to it being a PvP server and an active one. I played on Twisting Nether before this one, also an RP-PvP server, and from my experience there (and it's true here) RP servers have just better people in general.

Gorgonnash is another PvP server I played one, but damn, the people there sucked (most of them).
Reply Quote
02/02/2011 7:08 PMPosted by Artemidorus
people there sucked (most of them).

This is every server ever.
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Rogue
Because I assumed that an RP-PVP realm would be more mature than a normal PVP or PVE realm...I was dreadfully mistaken.
Reply Quote
85 Draenei Shaman
PvPRP realms were going live and a Varghoss (I think it was him) announced that the RPPvP community's server would be Maelstrom so I rolled here with the others. (Shortly thereafter a mass exodus to ED which took with it most of my original guild)
Reply Quote
Was on Burning Legion (PVP) until Maelstrom opened up; moved for the same people I play with now, for the most part. ;3
Reply Quote
02/02/2011 9:42 PMPosted by Solarea
Was on Burning Legion (PVP) until Maelstrom opened up; moved for the same people I play with now, for the most part. ;3

WAIT.

You moved over in TBC, not when Maelstrom opened up.

I came to Maelstrom because it was new and RP-PVP. I wasn't too attached to any of my old servers, and I liked the idea of an RP server where you could still be ganked. Helps with immersion when the "war" is still going on due to forced flagging.
Reply Quote
02/02/2011 10:14 PMPosted by Velgarr

WAIT.

You moved over in TBC, not when Maelstrom opened up.

I came to Maelstrom because it was new and RP-PVP. I wasn't too attached to any of my old servers, and I liked the idea of an RP server where you could still be ganked. Helps with immersion when the "war" is still going on due to forced flagging.

Oh yeah, maybe I'm thinking of Suramar for pre-BC horde-ness. Anything pre-BC is kinda fuzzy in my mind.
Reply Quote
85 Undead Mage
Came here a week or two after Maelstrom went live. Moved from Burning Legion cause an IRL friend told me he would help me. He quit after I hit 60 and I decided to stick around.
Reply Quote
85 Human Warlock
Transfered because of TSM.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Rogue
I was tired of my old (PVE) server and wanted to see what a new one was like - what would be the similarities, and differences?

I thought an RP PVP server would be more... interesting.

I haven't been disappointed.
Reply Quote
85 Draenei Paladin
I didn't choose Maelstrom. Maelstrom chose me.
Reply Quote
85 Human Priest
I chose this particular server on an "RP and PvP sound neat" whim.

I stayed because of TSM.
Reply Quote
85 Worgen Death Knight
Sindele convinced me to start playing WoW, Sindele played on Maelstrom.
Reply Quote
85 Goblin Shaman
I started playing WoW with my brother, who only got into it because some of his friends played. Those people played on Maelstrom, so I started here to play with my brother.

A couple months later my brother stopped playing and I remained. I've tried other servers but nothing is quite like Maelstrom.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]