Why did you choose.......

10 Dwarf Shaman
02/12/2011 3:20 PMPosted by Andros
I came here in 2005 with my best friend irl, then I left him and his bad at the game gf for end game content (she was pissed). :D

You left your best friend IRL for....end game?
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Rogue
02/12/2011 6:43 PMPosted by Slipperypete
I came here in 2005 with my best friend irl, then I left him and his bad at the game gf for end game content (she was pissed). :D

You left your best friend IRL for....end game?

It may come as a surprise to you that WoW does appear to attract those who are... um, somewhat challenged socially.
Reply Quote
85 Gnome Mage
I thought I killed this thread, what are ya'll doing.
Reply Quote
1 Human Mage
02/02/2011 7:01 PMPosted by Saguero
I heard all the retards kept to one guild.
Reply Quote
85 Orc Death Knight
I sensed a disturbance in the natural balance of the Maelstrom realm. I popped into being, and somehow i just knew that my task on Maelstrom was to hunt down the one named...Manamonster. And his evil minions of course.

Since when were they smart enough to be evil?
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Paladin
Because at the time, every new realm was dying within a few months, so my guild figured an RP-PVP realm would keep its population. So when LL came over, so did I.

(day 1 maelstrom on my dorf)
Edited by Vôd on 2/15/2011 12:36 PM PST
Reply Quote
85 Goblin Priest
OH OH OH I WANT TO POST HERE.

I transferred from Blackwing Lair for two reasons: 1) During school I had moved from California to the Midwest and was tired of being on a PST server that didn't fit my schedule; and 2) Roll Initiative was the only guild I could find that raided less than 4 days a week, was killing Illidan, and wanted a shadow priest.

I didn't give any consideration to the server itself, really. Other than the fact that I'd been on an RP server way back in Vanilla and it wasn't horrific. But, forget you haters, I love Maelstrom (with the exception of Gorecki, dude's a Hitler).
Reply Quote
85 Orc Shaman
I came here with a girl I liked, She was all 'OMG you gotta play WoW!" and I was like K. She quit soon after and then I was alone. Then I joined Inconceivable Malice! Then it went bye bye. and now I'm back doing stuff!
All who wish to know I'm that one guy named Haydee who will probably never be named Haydee ever again.
Reply Quote
85 Orc Shaman
my turn...

I started playing end of BC on Madoran (mid pop pve server) when a group of friends recruited me out of a diffrent game. I started raiding with them in wrath (I barely hit 70 before wrath hit) and things went well... until everyone hated each other and the guild split in half (bad for a guild with 15 or less members). A RL friend and I wanted to "try" an RP server. RP without pvp is kinda.. a joke... its like playing tea party or something. So that limited our server choices significantly... At the time I was on the western side of U.S. and friend lived in N.Y. so we tried to split the time zone differential and ended up here... only to find out that "RP" on this server is a bunch of dudes strutting around Org occasionally and hide and seek events... and that "pvp" = max lvl bored ppl ganking lvl 5s when bored. At the end of the day its just another server with its idiots, good people and @@%@**@s.... so dont really see much of a point in changing.
Reply Quote
85 Goblin Mage
I also started playing because of my brother. His realm was Trollbane, aka the bane of my existance. (not really, but it's a normal realm so not as much fun as pvp)

I moved into an apt with a friend and we found out we both play the game, so we started toons here, since a friend of his irl played on this realm. After about a year and a half he decides to quit (because he's weak and can't manage his time very well) and I have a fair amount of toons on her so I don't feel like moving them or deleting. Oh and my sister plays on here with me now.
Reply Quote
85 Goblin Mage
Real friends who got me into this game then promptly xfered off around the time I hit level 70.

Pricks
Reply Quote
I was cast into the realm of Maelstrom under a fateful decision...

A land overpopulated by Horde scum, where the Alliance stand idly by, "protected" merely by a false shield known as the NRU. I came to this land for a simple purpose, to rally our broken forces, provide a true bastion of hope, and to reclaim Azeroth in the name of the Alliance.

Soon the day will come, when Maelstrom will rise to its finest glory.
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Druid
This was the only RPvP server left that didn't have an evil female ex playing on it.
Reply Quote
70 Dwarf Warrior
During the launch of Cata, my old server this guy and my Rogue were on (Emerald Dream RPPVP) was getting far too clustered, and I honestly wanted a change up for a realm for quite some time. So, I moved this guy, my Rogue, my alts from that server, and checked it out.

I liked it, found good fun guilds, then, moved my toons from Ysondre over, too!
Reply Quote
Awesome!!! After almost a month and a half people are still on this thread. Keep it up!!!
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior
03/09/2011 8:55 AMPosted by Mho
This was the only RPvP server left that didn't have an evil female ex playing on it.

Lame.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Rogue
03/13/2011 1:05 PMPosted by Balanor
Lame.

Well, the guy can hardly help being a heartbreaker, now can he?
Reply Quote
91 Tauren Druid
02/03/2011 05:25 AMPosted by Smaepdii
I didn't choose Maelstrom. Maelstrom chose me.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Priest
I played the old game called Maelstrom that was like asteroid, I think this company made it, so I rolled here 2004.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]