Unlearning talents

(Locked)

77 Human Warrior
Ok, my question is probably an idiotic one, but what I want to know is what exactly happens if you unearn your talents? Do you unlearn both primary AND secondary? Also, do you lose your talent points by doing so? I have an 85 rogue. I do not want to change to a different class, just re-do my talent points. Is this possible? Thanking you in advance for any input.
86 Blood Elf Death Knight
Only primary, dear. :) You lose your talents completely as it's pretty much a reset for you. Keep a note of how you want to spec.

BY FIRE BE PURGED! Loot your corehound by purchasing your authenticator here! [http://us.blizzard.com/store/search.xml?q=authenticator] Remember kids - only you can prevent yourself from being hacked.
64 Tauren Death Knight
02/02/2011 10:46 PMPosted by Alvraen
Only primary

That's a bit misleading...
you only unlearn your currrent spec, whether it's your primary or not.

Support Forum Agent
02/02/2011 10:45 PMPosted by Olynden
Ok, my question is probably an idiotic one, but what I want to know is what exactly happens if you unearn your talents? Do you unlearn both primary AND secondary? Also, do you lose your talent points by doing so? I have an 85 rogue. I do not want to change to a different class, just re-do my talent points. Is this possible? Thanking you in advance for any input.

You'd want to visit your trainer to initiate this - and yes, the talent points are then available to redistribute. The active window (if you have both specs) is the one that will reset.
61 Blood Elf Death Knight
ok I can't find a train because im a death knight ... where do I go... I was told about vanishing powder... where do I get it...
90 Gnome Warlock
Vanishing powder can be bought from a reagents vendor, or from a Scribe. Your trainers are at Ebon Hold, and you get there by summoning your Death Gate - its a spell you learn after the battle at Light's Hope.

In future though, it would be better to post a new topic, as this one is quite old.
Support Forum Agent
Locking the thread as it's from 2011.

Please be mindful of the thread date before adding to it, Linthira.

You may also wish to check in the Death Knight forum as well.
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]