Macro help - 2 spells with one click?

90 Draenei Shaman
New to macros and trying to figure out if castsequence is the only way to cast more than one spell, but not wanting to mash the icon twice. Is it possible to cast a spell, then another spell right after with one press of the button? For example a warlock, would like to /cast Curse of Elements then directly after /cast Bane of Agony. Or even better for it to cast CoE, then BoA, and every 24 seconds recast BoA? Maybe asking too much, lol. Or Cast CoE, BoA, then each time I mash the icon only cast BoA? Any help would be welcome!
Edited by Shayle on 2/3/2011 8:27 AM PST
Reply Quote
Short answer: No.

Long answer: Macros can't delay secure actions in any form. Macros can also not perform scure actions based on buffs. Spell Casting is a secure action.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Hunter
You can sometimes use two abiities at once with a macro, but only if the first one does not trigger the global cool down. Any action (Spell, Item Use, etc...) that triggers the GCD does not allow execution of any actions that follow.

/cast Serpent Sting
/cast Steady Shot

That will try to cast Serpent Sting every time and never Steady Shot.

/use 13
/use 14
/cast Steady Shot

Since trinkets (slots 13 and 14) do not trigger the GCD, this will use one of your trinkets (most share a cooldown) if one is off CD and cast steady shot. You will likely get the "Item is not ready" error message since at least one of the trinkets would be unavailable but you can get rid of that too.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
I see.. that makes sense, thanks guys! So the castsequence is the way to go :)
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Warrior
It would help if we knew which spells you were wanted to cast on 1 button press. As previous mentioned, not all spells can be used together, because of the GCD restriction. Having that said, here's an example of 2 spells 1 button

/cast Bloodrage
/cast Charge

or

/cast Battle Stance
/cast Charge

etc...
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Rogue
Just like everyone else has said not if is causes a GCD I use
/cast adrenaline rush
/cast evasion

and that works
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Mage
Just like everyone else has said not if is causes a GCD I use
/cast adrenaline rush
/cast evasion

and that works

I think the OP was satisfied with the answer they got more than a year ago.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]