Best Professions for Resto Shaman

85 Draenei Shaman
I’m toying with the idea of switching out mining for a crafting profession. I already have jewelcrafting and it’s treated me pretty nicely but what are some other professions that a healer shaman could benefit from? Inscription seemed interesting but it looks like a lot of the higher level spirit stuff is comprised of off-hand items. Would alchemy or engineering be more appropriate?
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Shaman
Since the LW purples are laughable, gear is pretty much irrelevant. Scribes don't make shields, smiths do. Right now LW still comes out ahead, and will continue to, thanks to the bracer enchant that doesn't make you use maelstrom crystals.
Reply Quote
86 Draenei Shaman
LW.
Tailoring if you're poor or have problems with mana regeneration (darkglow = 800mana/cast 15% chance. Will be spirit next patch) or appreciate free epic spellthreads and +sp (+int in 4.6?) for your cloak as either caster spec.
Engi is still BIS with JC for shamans.
Alchemy trinkets are okay, so is mixology, but not better IMO than your other options
Edited by Waves on 2/4/2011 1:10 PM PST
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]