Lava Lash Macro Help

72 Undead Death Knight
Need help making a macro for when I am dual-wielding one handed weapons with my main hand better than my off-hand.
I would like the macro to switch my main and off hand weapons, cast Lava Lash, then switch my weapons back.
Thanks.
Reply Quote
85 Draenei Shaman
This won't work as a macro. When you switch weapons in combat, you invoke a GCD, which stops any additional commands that a macro might run. What you could do is get an addon or find a macro to switch your weapons, and then use the LL spell as you normally would. However, because of the GCD delay, I have a feeling you won't want to do this. If this were actually a practical method for LL, you'd see it in every sticky.

In any case, 99% of the time this will result in a DPS loss. The small damage gain from having a slightly better weapon in the OH will be completely offset by the loss of damage during the 2 GCD's it will cost to switch your weapons twice.

Also, little sense in starting this when WF/FT will be the best setup come patch time.
Reply Quote
87 Orc Shaman
just keep your higher damage weapon in your offhand, lava lash is typically the 2nd-3rd most damaging ability over the course of a raid fight.
Reply Quote
85 Orc Shaman
having a Caster MH with FT/FT is higher dps atm anyways...
Edited by Bakedguds on 2/2/2011 10:35 AM PST
Reply Quote
85 Draenei Shaman
Yes, it might be, but it won't be when 4.0.6 hits to the two changes, so we might as well be thinking about the future.
Reply Quote
72 Undead Death Knight
Oh, I didn't realise switching weapons triggered a GCD.

Damn, I guess I'm not smarter than every other shaman on the forums.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]