Signing the death warrant (rp for Sat event)

85 Blood Elf Mage
Tyranilis sat at his desk and leaned back. He looked down to the plans in front of him and the same disgust washed over him. Blight bombs…what a horrible weapon. Since the shattering, he had personally seen the effectiveness and the destruction that the weapons could do to the Alliance. Southshore was now a puddle of goo instead of the proud settlement that it once was. However, Southshore was a prime example of why such weapons needed to be used.

How many times had innocents been slaughtered in Tarren Mill? How many times had he ridden over the hills of Hillsbrad and had to avoid the dead on the streets? Now though, there was no more bloodshed in those hills. Purified by the horrid deaths that comes from the blight.

On the other hand, he also remembered Saurfang the younger’s last cries. The battle at the Wrathgate would never be forgotten, and the Forsaken would likely never be forgiven.

He leaned forward again and rested his brow in his hands. By the Sunwell, what would Quen’thilis think of him now? She knew when Arthas’s armies came to Quel’thelas what battles must be fought, and she paid for it with her life.

“Dearest, I miss you so much.” He said to himself.

Above all else though, she knew balance. She could heal the wounds of the sword and axe as readily as she could use the light to flush the enemies from the darkness. If only he could have that same wisdom.

Granted, the Strike Lord and the other officers of the Strike Force saw merit in his plan. Still, regardless of rank, the responsibility still laid at least partially if not wholly on himself as to whether this single act of brutal destruction would come to pass.
All of this was just to end just a segment of this damnable war. Why did the Alliance have to be so damn foolish! Deathwing flies freely and yet the Alliance cause this much trouble!

The minutes turned to hours as he brooded in silence, but finally he regained focus, and the simple facts were boiled down by his intellect. The fate of the world required the demise of Deathwing. The Horde did not have the resources to defeat Deathwing while still fighting the Alliance. The Alliance was unable to be dealt with through diplomacy. Therefore they must be taken care of before the full force of the Horde could be directed at the twisted black dragon. The worgen were abominations in their own right, and of all the races needed to be dealt with the most quickly. Perhaps afterwards the Alliance would capitulate after such a showing of force. Gnomeregon is tainted enough without the threat of another blight bomb. Surely they would see reason after seeing such a threat.

So with a heavy heart, Tyranilis looked the parchment over. The single parchment would seal the fate of Gilneas. It gave the apothecaries the full ability to create the bomb and to use whatever resources were required. He picked up his quill and muttered softly “Light preserve us.” As he signed his name “Tyranilis Emberglow”
Reply Quote
85 Goblin Shaman
I liked this better than your last one. Good job! I do have a few comments and questions though.

1) Why does your character, a Blood Elf mage, have the authority to command the Royal Apothecary Society? It's kind of odd, and in my opinion, isn't convincing.

2) This is more of a question to anyone who reads it. Is there a canon explanation of who started the current (post LK) war between the Horde and Alliance? Personally I thought it was Garrosh, but I could be wrong. Either way, you're talking about Gilneas as if they're hostile invaders distracting the Forsaken from defeating Deathwing.

It doesn't really work in this case, since Gilneas was alone and completely faction neutral until the Forsaken launched an unprovoked invasion of their country. I know this is written from a Horde character's perspective, but I'm just not sure it's the right angle to play.

It would make more sense to me to say something like "We need this land and it's resources to strengthen the Horde, so Gilneas must be destroyed" instead of the "They just won't leave us alone!" that you're using now. Since, uh... they were leaving you alone until you picked a fight.
Reply Quote
2) This is more of a question to anyone who reads it. Is there a canon explanation of who started the current (post LK) war between the Horde and Alliance? Personally I thought it was Garrosh, but I could be wrong. Either way, you're talking about Gilneas as if they're hostile invaders distracting the Forsaken from defeating Deathwing.

Mostly Garrosh, but I don't think Wrynn's been sitting back on his haunches, either. Not sure sure it's about "who struck first" -- seems more like "we need x, and they're in the way." There are exceptions, of course.

As for Gilneas, it seems Garrosh tasked the Forsaken with attacking it in some kind of subtle (or not-so) attempt to thin their numbers and keep Sylvanas in line. Doesn't work, obviously.
Edited by Solarea on 2/3/2011 11:19 AM PST
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Mage
((You know, I always hated the people who rp that they are Gods, and that their charachter can do anything. On the other hand my charachter is exalted with all sorts of people who would therefore likely give him respect on at least some levels. Maybe I shouldn't be able to command Forsaken around at all, but honestly when it boils down to it, I had the charachter command the Forsaken to make the bomb simply because he doesn't have the capabilities to do it himself.

As far as the backstory piece that somewhat legitimizes that a blood elf mage would work with the Forsaken on this, I'm not going to give the whole thing, but mostly its just that my wife IC died to Arthas beside Sylvanas. He therefore honestly has closer ties to Sylvanas than to any other leader.

I like how you are critical enough to make me improve my writing, but not sure if I'll be posting many more of these on the Forums or not.

On the 2nd thing that you mentioned, I really am still a bit fuzzy on why the worgen and the Forsaken are at each others throats but I haven't done the Worgen quests at all.))
Reply Quote
85 Goblin Shaman
02/03/2011 11:14 AMPosted by Solarea

Mostly Garrosh, but I don't think Wrynn's been sitting back on his haunches, either. Not sure sure it's about "who struck first" -- seems more like "we need x, and they're in the way." There are exceptions, of course.

Yeah, they seem to have left this pretty unclear. It was probably intentional, just so people can spend years arguing on various forums about who the 'bad guys' are.
Reply Quote
02/03/2011 12:21 PMPosted by Fidjit

Yeah, they seem to have left this pretty unclear. It was probably intentional, just so people can spend years arguing on various forums about who the 'bad guys' are.

It's the winning side who writes the history~
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Mage
((Tyranilis had an elven wife named Quen'thilis who died to Arthas. Tyranilis empathizes with Sylvanas who died in the same assault. Outside of World of Warcraft I'm just a college student who doesn't have a wife, and I do my best to not get too attached to pixelated charachters))
Reply Quote
85 Goblin Warlock
i smell a tro....theres virus
Reply Quote
85 Troll Shaman
((Has that event ever happened?
and....hello Tyr =] ))
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]