85 Worgen Warrior
02/03/2011 9:16 AMPosted by Bloka
"If I asked my customers what they wanted, They'd tell me 'a faster horse.'"
-Henry Ford

"You can have any color you want, so long as it's black"

I love Henry Ford.
85 Human Paladin
02/03/2011 9:10 AMPosted by Vandalar
Except the LFD tool is entirely up to who queues as what, and isn't really controlled by Blizzard at all.

And it's still faster than it used to be to find tanks/a group for a heroic.

This is exactly the kind of attitude I'm talking about. "It doesn't work. Not our fault though. Deal with it."

Blizzard has the ability to do SOMETHING to fix it. They just won't.

Offer a solution then.

Instead of just sitting and crying about how you don't like it, actually put up some sort of idea, instead of just, "this is unacceptable i dont like it so i'm going to tell you! unacceptable!"
90 Draenei Warrior
No, you see, a more accurate analogy would be if despite making manuals, instructions, and other things to make your product easier to use, not enough people actually bought it.

Then the people who did buy it would complain that not enough other people purchased the product, and now they're not getting enough enjoyment out of their own.

What are you going to do, hold people at gunpoint and force them to purchase your product? Blizzard can't force tanks to queue, and they can't force people to roll tanks to hasten queue times.

I don't know why people don't understand this.
4 Gnome Mage
Blizzard didnt break the LFD tool, the community did.
85 Night Elf Druid
02/03/2011 9:14 AMPosted by Vandalar
nothing is broken. the mjority of users like the game and the LFD tool. The minority that is qq on the forums does not make up the majority of the player base.

Again, 45 min queues=broken.

Just because something is frustrating doesn't make it "broken." You need to learn to let that go.

Has it ever occurred to you that Blizzard doesn't have a solution for the queue times for DPS? Or perhaps there IS no solution as MULTIPLE people have pointed out that the LFD is ENTIRELY dependent on who queue's up for it... which means that MUCH more DPS queue up than healers or tanks - and that's because fewer healers and tanks queue than there are available DPS. That isn't Blizzards fault. If you can't "get" that, then you're not going to "get" that I suppose.
85 Worgen Warrior
02/03/2011 9:17 AMPosted by Vandalar
I've seen multiple solutions offered on the forums that could fix the queue issue.

Making instances 6 man instead of 5 man would DRASTICALLY reduce the queue times.

Making incentives for tanks to queue up?

There ARE things that Blizz can do.

I know that these all have downsides to them, but would they be worse than the 45 minute queue time?
Yes, retuning entire instances, a long and arduous process, because you don't feel like waiting. I'll get Blizzard right on that.
90 Gnome Rogue
Some "solutions"*:

• Give every class the ability to tank and/or heal

• Stop allowing people to create DPS characters

• NPC tanks and healers

• Delete the Dungeon Finder

* All of these are bad ideas
85 Draenei Paladin
I have a great solution to the LFD queue times.

/2 LFM Heriocs, Need DPS, Tank Healer, pst

the LFD is an option, not a requirement, don't want to wait, try the old fashioned way that has been the way most dungeon groups have been formed way before the LFD was around.
02/03/2011 9:15 AMPosted by Vandalar
Too many dps =/= Blizzard's fault.

Actually, it is.

Again - why?

It was brought up just a few posts above, it is a social issue, which is a people issue.

How are they going to fix people?

All the reasons I have seen why the ratios are so off,

Sucks being a tank, always getting criticized or yelled at - Social Issue.

Sucks being a tank and getting stuck with fail groups so I leave - Social Issue.

Sucks being a tank trying to gear up and some Plate DPS needs on my gear - Social Issue. (They COULD fix this one, I think.... there is an option but it will piss off more than it will help).

Sucks being a tank, pugs suck - Social Issue.

What mechanic is in place that make more DPS than Tanks?

If you want to say because DPS is more fun to play; that is opinion not fact but okay go with that - how do you make Tanks more fun, while still keeping them tanks?

Social issues guys - Bliz can't fix stupid.

85 Human Paladin
02/03/2011 9:17 AMPosted by Vandalar
I've seen multiple solutions offered on the forums that could fix the queue issue.

Making instances 6 man instead of 5 man would DRASTICALLY reduce the queue times.

Making incentives for tanks to queue up?

There ARE things that Blizz can do.

I know that these all have downsides to them, but would they be worse than the 45 minute queue time?

and it would increase instance length by balancing the instance around having that fourth dps, turning it effectively, into a mini raid.

again.

"there are plenty of solutions that have been mentioned! i dont need to tell you one!"

all you have to offer is whining.
85 Draenei Priest
I wonder, though. If DPS queues dropped to around 10 minutes, how many tanks who currently tank for the short queue time would switch back to DPS and help inch that queue time back up?
85 Orc Warrior
It's a matter not linked to blizzard. There is a reason why queues are slow and thats because not a lot of people take an interest in queuing either as a healer or tank.

There is not incentive to make those 2 rolls which are the most important rolls appeasing. People that play as a tank or healer play so because they like to play that way.

People just need to try and take a turn at healing or tanking.

I for one like tanking and can't wait to get to cata dungeons on my paladin. Healing is okay with me.
85 Troll Druid
If said issue causes people to terminate their subscription resulting in loss of revenue, it is definitely something Blizzard needs to figure out how to "fix". Putting the blame on the company or the consumer is of no concern to a company losing revenue. Figuring out how to get the money back is.
100 Blood Elf Mage
02/03/2011 9:19 AMPosted by Vandalar
You're a Paladin. You have the ability to tank. You have the ability to heal. You just won't.

Actually, I am a tank. I'm speaking on behalf of my Warlock alt.

In fact, I make it a point to try and tank at least 1 reg a night just to help the queues.

I try to kill at least 1 mosquito per day to help prevent the West Nile virus.
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]