Looking for Dungeon Queues...

I'll be more inclined to tank random heroics when 9/10 of the people in group with me aren't idiots/jerks. Running 5 mans with guild is a joy.
I could help queue times by doing randoms more.

But I don't.

I've decided to wait a day per post about dungeons being hard to queue. I don't need the gear anymore anyway. Stop whining and learn to play. Dungeons are still easy as hell. And they are still just a mindless nuke-fest like in wrath. The only difference is that there is more fire you shouldn't stand in, and the tanks health actually spends time below full.
92 Night Elf Druid
02/03/2011 9:43 AMPosted by Ineffectual
Don't lie, dps is EASY! Seriously, if I had a gold everytime I heard a dps say they were high/drunk/watching tv, as an excuse to sucking, I would reach the gold cap 10x over.

Bad DPS is easy. Then again, bad tanking/healing is easy as well - you just won't get past the first pull.

Good DPS is a sight to behold and I have complete respect for those types of players.
85 Blood Elf Paladin
02/03/2011 9:34 AMPosted by Orissa
You want to fix queue times?

Last night I was called a !*%*ty healer by a tank who died because he stood in fire for too long.

Earlier I was called a !*%*ty healer by a group of DPS who didn't CC the targets assigned to them by the tank (who also called me a !*%*ty healer)

And yet when I healed a heroic for my guild, and two heroics for guilds from another server, I was complimented for my healing at the end.

If I get abused by puggers, but can have a good time with my guild, why should I queue?

I can tank on this toon, I'm not too shabby. I know the fights, I've done all of them on heroics. And hell, I don't skip optional bosses without the group's consent either. But I'm not doing it for puggers who insult and abuse each other.

I can heal on my priest. I make mistakes like everyone else, but I can usually keep the group alive and finish the instance. I'm still adjusting to the new healing model but I have yet to be unable to heal a good group.

But why should I queue for a pug that's going to abuse me and call me names?

If you want shorter LFD times, stop abusing players for every mistake they make. Stop scapegoating your mistakes on another player and man up. Learn some teamwork for Christsake.

The only fix for queue times is for the bad attitude to stop.

Until that happens, people like me will stick to guild runs.

This.

Edited by Lauralei on 2/3/2011 9:49 AM PST
50 Troll Shaman
thick headed person is thick headed.

queues will get shorter over time, especially when the next raid tier comes out.

there is no programmatic fix for it, it's ENTIRELY controlled by the players.
88 Human Warrior
Here's why the queues are so bad:

Because some DPS can't get in the beam, can't get out of the beam, can't interupt, can't CC, can't help but break CC, can't run away, can't focus fire, can't grasp kill orders, can't get out of the fire, can't kite, can't kill adds, can't avoid the clouds, can't LOS, can't wait, can't be patient, can't listen, can't fathom that tanking/healing heroics takes skill, can't muster more than 4-5k DPS in a PUG heroic.

We run, we just don't run with you.
Edited by Indemnity on 2/3/2011 9:52 AM PST
85 Orc Shaman
02/03/2011 9:09 AMPosted by Crazyterran
Except the LFD tool is entirely up to who queues as what, and isn't really controlled by Blizzard at all.

And it's still faster than it used to be to find tanks/a group for a heroic.

This is exactly what I was going to say. If you would like, we can go back to the original way we did dungeons, and some DPS can wait for 1 hour+.

People have started to complain about a tool designed to speed things up, but because it doesn't follow the "instant, i want it now" mentality, they dislike it.
90 Gnome Warlock
For those of you saying its easy to fix stuff. Go design me an algorithm for something. Seriously. Go do ANYTHING somewhat relevant to dev work and then come talk about how easy it is to fix stuff. Then, after you finish actually learning what you're talking about, take a moment to realize that the #1 end to your great algorithm is allowing masses to be involved in said algorithm.

In short, it's very clear who in this thread, and in pretty much all of these stupid QQ threads, who does and does not have common sense and is or is not educated.

Key point: If DPS learned to play and weren't total <insert swear word plural here> to healers and tanks, there would be more in the queue system, and your queues would go down. The fact that you all make these threads is completely reflective of the problem. You don't even accept the idea that some part of the problem starts with you; it's 100% everyone else's fault.
Edited by Kazistrasza on 2/3/2011 9:53 AM PST
85 Worgen Warrior
02/03/2011 9:09 AMPosted by Crazyterran
Except the LFD tool is entirely up to who queues as what, and isn't really controlled by Blizzard at all.

And it's still faster than it used to be to find tanks/a group for a heroic.

Nobody is saying that yet people keep bring up these mentioning, there are other methods.

No duh blizzard can't control players, but hell they can make probably tens of changes up for tests that could either go from simple to extremely complex to deal with the situation
93 Gnome Mage
I think there is a way to improve on the LFD tool, a made a post about it yesterday but within minutes it was on page 3 with hardly any views.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/2016272519

Most things in life reward you for getting better, the current LFD system does not.
Also, for the most part if a person isn't rewarded or given an incentive to become better at what he/she does, they will not.

My hope is that a system, like the one I have laid out in the above link, will make players become better at one aspect of this game, dungeons, and hopefully socializing.

If when you queued for a dungeon you knew that if you did a good job, was a nice person, etc... the next time you queued it would be a little bit faster, I would hope that this would give us all a little bit more incentive to do just that.

Who knows....maybe a system like this would make the playerbase as a whole better at doing dungeons, and maybe once more runs went smoothly, tanks and healers would start to have a good time, and more would start queuing.
85 Blood Elf Priest
First step to solving a problem it to know what the problem really is.

Is the problem a lack of tanks or is the problem that there are not enough tanks willing to use the LFD to pug? Those are two separate problems with two different solutions.

Could not the longer dps queue times in part come from the fact that more tanks are now preferring to do 3/5, 4/5 or full guild runs instead of truly pugging? If that is part of the problem, then Blizzard is indeed partly responsible for the fact that there are longer queue times since it was their idea to initiate a reward system for doing just that. I don't believe for a second they meant for that to happen but again, "law of unintended consequences".

There have been threads suggesting extra rewards for tank/healer queueing for random dungeons that have gotten what seemed to me a lot of negative comments. But if the concept of special reward is already there for a guild group, why not an extra reward for choosing to do a random that is successfully completed??
While the basic problem is the shortage of tanks, there are ways to incent tanks to run more randoms. Also, simply saying "queues are 45 minutes and that's just the way it is" ignores the fact that queues were half as long in wrath.

Something happened to make queue times increase, and a review of those factors would provide ideas on how to reduce them times. For example, instances were significantly shorter, the reward for doing more than one was worth the time spent (EoH for epic gems), and there was almost no risk of a repair bill from a wipe.

I have a few suggestions:

Reduce the amount of trash significantly to shorten the instances.

Let tanks earn VP via randoms for their alts. For example, complete a 2nd random and choose an alt to send the VP to, once per day per alt.

Have an npc before each boss that gives free repairs, or one at the end of the instance.

Give tanks a large gold reward at instance completion, or a token for some form of rep, or a choice of a gem, or anything to make the hour spent worth more than if you had spent the hour farming or doing dailies.
92 Night Elf Druid
Key point: If DPS learned to play and weren't total <insert swear word plural here> to healers and tanks, there would be more in the queue system, and your queues would go down. The fact that you all make these threads is completely reflective of the problem. You don't even accept the idea that some part of the problem starts with you; it's 100% everyone else's fault.

This is not 100% true.

What we're seeing now is that well played tanks and healers are moving outside of gearing potential from heroics. Thus, they are less likely to queue for more than their one VP run. The good tanks and healers are moving past LFD and the folks that are left have to deal with hostile DPS, so they're not really being encouraged to learn how to tank or heal better.
85 Worgen Warrior

45 min queues for DPS=broken.
Too many dps =/= Blizzard's fault.

Laughingelfman.jpg

Funny how its always the tanks doing this, there was a temporary rage in trade chat about queues and this one obnoxious (tank) druid was of course insulting everybody's play skill saying they all suck and its fine.

I normally don't direct posts in a personal manner but this is a very selfish perspective thought, be a dps player and try it.

I don't fancy my warrior since cataclysm so I started leveling my dps chars a bit but I justs stopped between the grind and the nothing to look forward to end game I just stopped, I don't want to hit 85 and just "wait around" most of the time.
Edited by Crankey on 2/3/2011 9:58 AM PST
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]