Top Holy Priest addons?

68 Blood Elf Rogue
Looking for advice on addons for groups + raiding.

I have used Healbot, and decurse, but I get the feeling I'm out of date or perhaps not setting them up well enough. I have seen vids on some players that have color coded layouts, wondered what the thoughts were on the blizz. community.

Thank you all in advance.
Reply Quote
91 Gnome Priest
My addons:

-Grid
-TukUI
-DBM
Edited by Verakith on 2/4/2011 3:45 PM PST
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Priest
02/04/2011 3:44 PMPosted by Verakith
My addons:

-Grid
-TukUI
-DBM

Not a fan of the Tukui grid?

@OP:

Tukui
Clique
BigWigs (I ought to check if DXE has been updated, because I prefer it)
MSBT
Omen
Power Auras
Recount
Reply Quote
85 Dwarf Priest
uh lets see, i have Forte, Bartender and shadowed unit frames.
I actually prefer the blizzard raid frames!(for raiding) CRAZY, right?
Edited by Potatowizard on 2/4/2011 3:59 PM PST
Reply Quote
91 Gnome Priest
02/04/2011 3:54 PMPosted by Elethia
Not a fan of the Tukui grid?

Doesn't offer enough functionality.

Reply Quote
I'm loving healbot, bartender, and WIM

That's all I've got.
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Priest
Last i checked, DXE wasn't updated for Cata at all anymore.

As for addons,
Grid > all

There are many bad copies of Grid, that try to 'improve' upon the core mechanics of that interface, but just don't do a very good job.
I'd rather have grid, and install only the modules I need for my class, than have an addon that includes every module, for every class preloaded (along with half a dozen other interface features), which would cause the entire addon to malfunction for long periods of time after every minor patch, when a single small portion of the lua file was changed.

Grid/Bar Mod (Bartender)/Unit Frame mod (Shadow unit frame/Xperl)/Any updated Boss Mod
Is really the most you'll ever need.
Reply Quote
76 Orc Warrior
Vuhdo, shadowed unit frames, and a bossmod. pretty much all you need. IF you have a mouse with a lot of buttons vuhdo will create macros for you, so all you need to do is use your mouse :) pretty nice.

hope this helps. Vuhdo will show a lot of debuffs, where as other addons wont unless you get another addon for it.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Priest
My UI, Kittyui :)
http://www.wowinterface.com/downloads/fileinfo.php?id=11455#info

Grid
Clique
Fortexorcist
DBM
RSA

And all around utility addon: bankstack

Reply Quote
85 Goblin Priest
Well, I use to consider peggle a necessity in Wrath....

but now I could probably heal a group with just dominos and Xperl. I use macros for mouseover functions.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
all i use is Grid, Clique, DBM, decursve and skada. Thats all I need.

dont need a fancy shmacy UI to get the job done

Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Priest
Need raidframes: Vuhdo, Grid, Healbot are common options. Healbot is just fine if that's what you're using but you really should learn how to properly set up all of its functions. Using decursive beside it is an exercise in futility

Boss mods: DXE, DBM, BigWigs, Raid Watch 2

Some sort of proc and buff/debuff (and chakra) monitor: PowerAuras, WeakAuras etc.

Castbar of some sort. Don't lose cast time to latency issues: Quartz, Castbars, Gnosis etc.

CD watch: OmniCC, ForteXorcist, Coolline

Announcer of some sort: RSA, Wakespams, Castyeller2, SpeakinSpell
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Priest
Grid, Clique, Forte, PowerAuras, Quartz, DBM, Skada, Bartender, Shadowed Unit Frames.
Reply Quote
16 Undead Rogue
So what exactly do you use powerauras for? I know its for procs but how do you set it up for yourself, for a disc priest
Reply Quote
85 Human Priest
I prefer Shadowed Unit Frames over Grid.
Reply Quote
100 Human Priest
Don't see why people think having a clean UI, or having all these addons will make you a better player. Look @ Paragon's priest. All he plays with is Grid.

Addons don't make you a better player, even if the best priest in the world uses them.

this
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Priest
So what exactly do you use powerauras for? I know its for procs but how do you set it up for yourself, for a disc priest

Stacks for evangelism/archangel and rapture icd to say the least. Here's a link to premade exports:
http://powerauras.wikispaces.com/Priest+Exports
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]