The GH Tailoring Union

90 Human Mage
Attention fellow Tailors,

We have an issue. Surveying the Auction House reveals that our BoE epics that we craft are much cheaper than the LWing/BSing counterparts. Belts sell for half as much, pants also half as much as the epic chests created by the other professions. Furthermore, our spellthreads are going for the same price as leg armors. (All of the above is for Alliance Side, although may be true for Horde).

The reason that this is a problem is the scarcity of Dreamcloth. Dreamcloth, for those uneducated/unwilling to learn, is the current bane of a Tailor's existence. It is a BoP cloth created by 5 recipes that each have a 1 week cooldown (requiring 10 bolts of embersilk cloth, which is already a pain to farm, as well as 30 volatiles), and a final recipe that requires 5 Chaos Orbs but does not have a cooldown. The Belt/Pant recipes require 4/6 Dreamcloth respectively, while the Spellthread requires 1 Dreamcloth.

For those of you who cannot see, Dreamcloth is the most demanded, yet most limited resource for Tailors, especially on an economical front. Yes, the costs for the two other main production professions, LWing and BSing, might be higher, but they are also infinitely more farmable. What's that, you need a Chaos Orb to make each good? Oh, you need 2? Darn, well I need 5 just to make 1/5th of my epic.

Again, getting back to the issue. Despite the Dreamcloth limitations, we still have goods that are selling for much cheaper than the differing professions' creations, which are much more readily available. I assume that this stems from the terrible issue of Undercutting on our server. This is why I am proposing the Grizzly Hills Tailoring Union.

As a Union, we set a price for our goods and DO NOT WAVER. If there is nothing on the Auction House and someone wants to try to sell their good for a little bit more than our set price, so be it, but be ready to be undersold by someone else posting their good at the going rate. DO NOT undercut, even by 10G, as this leads to a brutal slippery slope of undercutting and economic loss. Everyone can gain from putting goods in the AH at the preset price.

Surely, this will garner the hatred of people seeking tailoring goods for cheap everywhere. But, to them, I propose that you make a Tailor and realize the absolute difficulty in producing goods to keep up with the demand, only to be paid cents on the dollar for your rare economic inputs.

Thank you, please post here if you are a Tailor interested in this.
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Mage
Seeing as I already have my BOEs.

/sign
Reply Quote
85 Human Priest
And I will continue to undercut to piss people off.

Do you hate me now?
Reply Quote
90 Human Mage
Seeing as how you have Herbalism and Inscription, I hardly doubt your douchebaggery will invoke any hatred from me. More importantly, I try not to hate anonymous people who hide behind internet identities that I don't know from Adam, so no, even if you were a Tailor, I wouldn't hate you.

Of course, that wouldn't stop me from wondering if you were mentally handicapped and wanted to turn down economic gain for the sole purpose of spite. But again, your professions don't make me concerned one bit.
Reply Quote
85 Human Priest
So much love.

This is the only char I play on totally. Who knows if I am the only one who is undercutting people. :)
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Mage
02/06/2011 1:47 AMPosted by Fiora
professions don't make me concerned one bit.

Gear doesn't either.
Reply Quote
85 Human Paladin
If you're unhappy with the state of prices with Tailoring epics, perhaps consider stock piling dreamcloth for 4.1. It may still remain a base material requirement for new epics. Then you'll have an advantage over other crafts. Blacksmiths would get the shaft as new raids would probably offer new types of orbs reducing chaos orbs importance. Meanwhile, chaos orbs may be abundant and possibly BoE by then for tailors to craft oodles of dreamcloth. If you're in a good raiding guild to grab new patterns fast, you'll make mucho dinero e-z.

As of currently, tailors have the easiest grind for mats. You don't need another profession to get volatiles or cloth. Just time. Blacksmiths need to also have a miner and an alchemist, otherwise you would need to front a significant gold investment for the cost of mats to craft a piece which naturally would make the price of our BoEs higher compared to other crafts.

Reply Quote
85 Human Paladin
OH AND HI FIORA!!!!!!!!!!
Reply Quote
85 Human Priest
Since ive been back I have noticed "EVERYTHING" on the AH is over priced by a ton. I mean seriously come on some stacks of herbs for 250-300 gold. The ore prices seem decent when they hover around 60 gold per stack. The flask prices are like OMG you would have to spend a flat "G" to get 4 flasks for one night of raiding.

Problem is everyone wants to make super money and will charge out of this world prices for their stuff as long as someone will by it for that prices. I already had a run in with one member of the community over the price I was charging for cut red gems. Complained because I was selling 2 gems 25 gold below what the price was on the AH. Then undercut me. So i dropped it another 10 gold. He then in turn bought them thinking it was going make me mad... it was all profit for me.. I have one of everyone profession almost so when I throw things on the AH its like a 24 hour vendor turn in for me. Besides I would rather sell things fast and cheap then sit around playing the uncut game. If things come back to me in my mail box because they didnt sell that tells me im not cheap enough to get people to by them fast.

So my apologizes to the community but if you see me put something up on the AH its not because im trying to flood the market I just want to get rid of it and selling it fast and cheap is the way I like it. Half the things I have never even make it to AH.. before I put something on the ah 6 of my guild bank tabs have to be full anyway... i use most of my professions to keep my 11 toons stocked and ready to go.
Reply Quote
90 Human Mage
The drop rate of Embersilk Cloth says hello. I've done the 80-85 grind 4.5 times now, and still have an insufficient amount of cloth to get to 525. Now you may be saying, "Well, you really have no place to comment on the market of cloth BoE epics," but the honest reply is "Really? I'm not that close at all, nor do I have any chance of ever getting there?" Frankly, there is no reason for me to finish off the grind as it is unprofitable. Should I really buy 50 bolts of cloth so that I can make purples from my limited amount of Dreamcloth (which you can still make regardless of not having 525)?

On the note of Blacksmiths needing other professions, if Truegold or the new Arctic Furs (whatever they're called now) were BoP, that'd be different, but you can purchase them with gold because they're BoE. I can, in one week, from Sunday to Sunday, make 10 Dreamcloths, which is equal to 2.5 epics at most (or else 10 threads, but those are a pittance atm). Let's also say that I run 10 heroics in that week and win all 10 Chaos Orbs. I can now make an additional 2 Dreamcloths, which is now 3 epics at most. Now, you spend the whole week farming gold to purchase the materials to make your epics (assuming you have no other professions and need to buy everything). You also run 10 heroics and win all 10 Chaos Orbs. You can now make 10 epics in the same amount of time that I can make 3. It may make your epics more expensive to craft, but also much less limited than our cheaper cloth goods.

Dreamcloth is easily the most limiting factor in any production profession, and therefore tailoring prices should be adjusted to accommodate this fact, if tailors are intelligent at all.
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Priest
Since ive been back I have noticed "EVERYTHING" on the AH is over priced by a ton. I mean seriously come on some stacks of herbs for 250-300 gold. The ore prices seem decent when they hover around 60 gold per stack. The flask prices are like OMG you would have to spend a flat "G" to get 4 flasks for one night of raiding.

Have you tried farming for herbs, untill this patch it took 12 of 3 different kinds of herb, not counting Life volitiles to make 1 flask or if you are a Elixir master you MIGHT proc. 2 +, if you are lucky, and the limited amount of herbs there are and the amount of people farming for them is crazy. ( remember Inscriptionist use them too, and the fair is here right now.) so i recomend if you don't like the prices, you make Another toon or change one of them you have to a herb/ alch. and farm and make your own. ( I also have a JC toon, and elementrium is much more easier to get than herbs.)

Edit: Patch def. helped. herb respond better.
Edited by Aurorastarr on 2/9/2011 7:58 AM PST
Reply Quote
85 Human Warlock
I'm kinda glad i hit 525 when tailoring was still marginally profitable. Now I've stopped making dreamcloth all together. It was time to pack it in when i discovered I could shard the epics i made for a larger profit than selling them on the AH (prices flux, but that weekend shards were 5k, belts were 4k).

The sell price of tailoring epics just doesn't it make it worth the bother. Leatherworking on the other hand is a cash cow. :D

Reply Quote
100 Human Warlock
since i m an transmuting master for alchemism, i created the epic breeches and it procced for four times that pattern now i have four times the amount of epic i need, so what exactly to do?
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Mage
/sign
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]