Reporting suicide saves lives

(Locked)

85 Human Paladin
I've had 3 or 4 tickets answered within 10 minutes (some 3 days), but I send in a lot of them. As it has been said, they are sorted and appropriately queued to be dealt with.

90 Blood Elf Paladin
How did you manage that? Tickets usually take days to get answered unless they have some key word priority list or something.
85 Tauren Druid
We need a "It Gets Better" with WoW Machinima. Oh wait, maybe that'll deliver the wrong message.
85 Tauren Druid
Nekróz, I salute ya man. I've actually witnessed a good friend of mine commit suicide by gunshot and that is something that is going to stay with me for a very long time. Many of us to this day still blame ourselves because we didn't take the time to ask him he was alright and offer help like you did. Just shows you are a real friend man. I also salute Blizz for taking this matter as seriously as they do.
85 Worgen Druid
wait a minute...you can't spirit rez IRL ? whew...good to know.
85 Troll Hunter
02/05/2011 11:05 PMPosted by Nekróz
On the morning of February 5th, I received very troubling whispers from a guildy. He was deeply depressed and contemplating suicide. After a quick talk he quickly logged off and I feared the worst. I made a ticket right away to inform Blizzard and they were able to send law enforcement to his house and prevent a terrible tragedy. I would just like to thank Blizzard for their swift response to this serious matter that really made a difference in his life. If someone you know shows any sign of suicide in game or real life waste no time reporting it every second counts.

So, you want a cookie?

I'm being crude of course, but the point is this: You're posting this "intervention" story on a gaming website forum for your own selfish reasons; it's transparent.

Of course we know that we ought to report suicides -- were you somehow under the impression that none of us were aware that suicide was something we should take seriously?

I loathe people who feed off of other people's tragic lives in the way you've just done.
85 Undead Priest
If tickets were answered within minutes or even a couple hours, I might have believed this story.

But GM tickets take several hours, and sometimes days to get answered.

I'm pretty sure they have an algorithm that looks for key words and prioritizes some above others. I've had some tickets get responses in half an hour when certain phrases were contained in the ticket while other (much less important) matters take days to get a response.
Edited by Zanthus on 2/6/2011 7:34 AM PST
85 Tauren Hunter
Lost a few friends to suicide myself. Good to know they take this matter seriously.
90 Tauren Paladin
I'm pretty certain that the OP's post is sarcasm. I could be wrong, though.
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]