Dismount On A Flight Path

(Locked)

85 Undead Warrior
The past responses used to be "oh you just want to exploit! zomg". But, now with flying everywhere, why not allow us to dismount a flight path if we have flying in Azeroth? Sometimes you pick the wrong flight path and want to drop off the flight you're on. Or perhaps you see a node you want to mine or herb as you're flying over. Whatever the reason, we should be able to dismount a flight path now.. with a parashoot!
85 Undead Warrior
02/06/2011 7:33 PMPosted by Catriona
Why not just use your own flying mount, then you can do this.

Sometimes I go afk, and a flight path lets me get close to where I want to go while I'm afk.
54 Worgen Rogue
Because what we don't see is our mounts are always near us, not on us. We can't just pull them out of our pockets. Also, and this is the big one, in order to mount up, we'd first have to leave whatever we're flying on in the FP in the first place. Since only rogues can change from to flying as an instant, the rest of us would fall to our deaths.
100 Draenei Paladin
02/06/2011 7:35 PMPosted by Eliaë
Because what we don't see is our mounts are always near us, not on us. We can't just pull them out of our pockets. Also, and this is the big one, in order to mount up, we'd first have to leave whatever we're flying on in the FP in the first place. Since only rogues can change from to flying as an instant, the rest of us would fall to our deaths.

Then give us a parachute.
100 Human Paladin
you kinda can a bit... just not completely.

if you log off and then back in while on a flight path it'll stop the flight at the closest available point. Considering there are 3-5 flight paths per zone now its a way to stop the route before you get to far from wherever you wanted to hop off :P
90 Worgen Mage
As a side note, if you log out while on a flight path, you stop at the next "in-between" station.
90 Worgen Warrior
I used to do that, but now ... it doesn't seem to always work. <.<
85 Undead Warrior
02/06/2011 7:58 PMPosted by Garrosh
As a side note, if you log out while on a flight path, you stop at the next "in-between" station.

already know this.
90 Worgen Mage
I hardly use flight paths but its still a good idea to give us a way off the flight where we are, the worst that could happen is someone would fall and die so maybe a parachute is in order. but some classes can survive falls such as mages, priests, pallys ect. now I see rare mobs sometimes while flying on FP and would like their loot. I'll use my own flying mount for now.
MVP
100 Night Elf Priest
It isn't perfect, but I believe if you logout while on a flightpath it dumps you out at the closest one on the path.
85 Blood Elf Warlock
It's nice idea. I like it.
90 Night Elf Druid
02/15/2011 1:47 AMPosted by Snowfox
It isn't perfect, but I believe if you logout while on a flightpath it dumps you out at the closest one on the path.

not quite... it drops you then at the next flight point, it would normally pass on the route.... as in actually pass and go through it.
MVP
100 Night Elf Priest
02/15/2011 2:14 AMPosted by Breekerandin

not quite... it drops you then at the next flight point, it would normally pass on the route.... as in actually pass and go through it.

Correct. Sorry if I seemed to imply it would drop you off at a flight point you had already passed simply because it was closer. It would drop you off at the *next* flight point.
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]