Best Horde Mage race?

2 Blood Elf Rogue
After years of wanting to roll a Mage, I've finally decided to do so and I'm wondering which racials are best for a raiding Mage, I'm thinking Troll (mini haste trinket), Orc (mini SP trinket), or Goblin (Rocket jump or Rocket launch), I rarely ever PvP besides TB, so that's not a huge issue, and aesthetics aren't really an issue either since I like the looks of all the Horde races, minus the weird cow people, which can't be a mage anyways lol
Reply Quote
2 Blood Elf Rogue
Can you even be a FotM reroller for PvE? and if I was, Shouldn't I roll a UH DK over a Mage?
Reply Quote
85 Troll Mage
BLT
DK/Warlock/Priest/Druid/Hunter/Rogue
Reply Quote
85 Orc Mage
its out of trolls,orcs and ithink blood elfs just check one of the guides stickied on the front page your not going to get any help from these jackasses on the forums who spend most of there time trying to come up with the most smart ass thing to say to people here
Reply Quote
2 Blood Elf Rogue
Hurp Durp! You got me guys! I'm just a troll..

Not really, but I know nothing about mages so I was asking a simple question, but if all Mages are this moronic when a simple question is asked, I may just reconsider rolling a class where people won't be whiny and they may actually answer simple questions
Reply Quote
2 Blood Elf Rogue
Thank you for an actual answer Nonfanook, I'm assuming you mean

Fire:
Horde: Orc = 260.0, Troll = 247.3, Goblin = 178.8, Blood Elf = 425.6
Alliance: Worgen = 324.2, Draenei = 323.1, Gnome = 141.9

Frost:
Horde: Orc = 279.6, Troll = 194.6, Goblin = 147.2, Blood Elf = 493.2
Alliance: Worgen = 292.5, Draenei = 257.6, Gnome = 164.4

Reply Quote
91 Troll Mage
well i guess you would act like that too if you had about a couple hundred threads about how frost mages are op in pvp
but not sure how the orcs racial scaled since this exp so i'll give it the benefit of the doubt
go either troll, goblin, or orc
Reply Quote
85 Troll Mage
BLT
There's no way those numbers are accurate.

Blood elfs bring almost nothing to the table now since the mana cost of fire spells was nerfed so hard.
Reply Quote
85 Orc Mage
then provide better information then durp durp off topic jackass comment next time hatepleet if the numbers are not accurate
Reply Quote
2 Blood Elf Rogue
well i guess you would act like that too if you had about a couple hundred threads about how frost mages are op in pvp
but not sure how the orcs racial scaled since this exp so i'll give it the benefit of the doubt
go either troll, goblin, or orc.

I understand, but not everyone is a troll lol, I guess being a level 2 kinda makes it seem that way though, next time I post, it will be on a level 85 so people don't think I'm just trolling.

Is there even that dramatic of a DPS gain based on race, or is the DPS gain negligible?
Reply Quote
85 Orc Mage
the fact people are coming over here to complain is even more of a reason to help someone who actually wants to play the class without 13 years old criticizing him
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Mage
I understand, but not everyone is a troll lol, I guess being a level 2 kinda makes it seem that way though, next time I post, it will be on a level 85 so people don't think I'm just trolling.

Is there even that dramatic of a DPS gain based on race, or is the DPS gain negligible?

The DPS gain is negligible, and it's really just preference. I prefer Blood Elf for the extra Mana Gem and Interrupt, but that's just me. More mana means more Fireballs and less Scorching, and the interrupt helps during emergencies if your Shaman/Rogue/DK misses one, or for Cho'gall.
Reply Quote
42 Night Elf Druid
Blood Elf for the lore. Their culture is based around magic.
Reply Quote
85 Goblin Mage
Go either Goblin or Troll. Troll is a bit over Goblin if you use Berserking right off the cooldown.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Mage
I can't really say what race is "best" among the Horde, but I think Goblins have better tools for survival as a mage.
Reply Quote
02/06/2011 2:01 PMPosted by Beerplease
Nobody helps a FOTM reroller
\

wtf are you talking about FOTM? He clearly said raiding mage and if you think mage is the FOTM then you are retarded.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Mage
Blood Elves are still a good Caster Fighter, but if your lookin for a Raiding Race, its more pick your fav. I roll'd blood elf for looks cuz I just find robe wearin Trolls/Orcs just look like pansies*no offense ment to anyone whom loves their Orc/Troll casters =O*
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]