How To Play VLC While WoWing

90 Night Elf Priest
Hi guys,

I couldn't really find a how-to guide on watching videos on VLC while playing WoW so I decided to share this quick How-To guide.

I use an iMac so this is for Mac users:

Open your VLC video and go to Preferences.
Under the Video tab, select Always on Top.
If you don't want the ugly controls to show while you play, go to Interfaces and deselect "Add control to the video window."

Exit out of VLC in order for the changes to take effect.
Play your movie again and voilla! :)

I do this while I have WoW in windowed mode, I'm not sure if that makes a difference but keep it in mind just in case it doesn't work for you.

Enjoy!

http://i145.photobucket.com/albums/r224/evisavvy/Movie.jpg
Edited by Nightingale on 2/7/2011 7:22 AM PST
Reply Quote
56 Undead Death Knight
TY for this.
Reply Quote
For things like YouTube, I use a program called OnTopReplica. It will display any open window and always remain on top.
Reply Quote
100 Tauren Hunter
I'm sure if the OP from 2011 is still around they appreciate you thanking them lol
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
Honestly, I'm annoyed by this.

I know you mean well, OP, but I wish you wouldn't have posted this. We shouldn't be encouraging people to perform less in WoW than we already do. People AFK too much already.
Reply Quote
56 Undead Death Knight
You need to just mind your own business, alot of ppl farm late at night and need something to keep their mind occupied.
Reply Quote
56 Undead Death Knight
http://www.curse.com/addons/wow/wowvid This works great with VLC, give it a try.
Reply Quote
100 Undead Warlock
Here is how you watch a video while playing WoW: more than one monitor, play WoW in Windowed or Windowed Fullscreen.

Hope that was helpful.
Reply Quote
100 Troll Mage
dat 3 year necro
Reply Quote
100 Human Mage
08/01/2014 07:25 PMPosted by Sevaryn

I know you mean well, OP, but I wish you wouldn't have posted this. We shouldn't be encouraging people to perform less in WoW than we already do. People AFK too much already.

lul
Reply Quote
56 Undead Death Knight
08/01/2014 07:54 PMPosted by Demonhat
Here is how you watch a video while playing WoW: more than one monitor, play WoW in Windowed or Windowed Fullscreen.

Hope that was helpful.

"Yay I owned a thread with my humorous common sense outlook on the situation. I am the pwnzers."
Sorry JK :D

Some of us either don't have one or are letting their gf use the second one, regrettably. :P
Reply Quote
56 Undead Death Knight
08/01/2014 07:56 PMPosted by Fegelein
08/01/2014 07:25 PMPosted by Sevaryn

lul

I know right, I hate when someone tries to pull the "I am so sick of lazy players who are ruining WoW, I am no nonsense, take no prisoners, get up and go man."
Reply Quote
56 Undead Death Knight
08/01/2014 07:55 PMPosted by Garrod
dat 3 year necro

Sorry, I'll tell Google not to crawl for anything that's not 2 days old. I was looking for a solution and this was the top result. :D
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]