White War Talbuk

(Locked)

85 Tauren Druid

Dear God,

Same me the time of reading this drivel and just say "if you don't bend to my will i'm keeping my $180 a year.

Everyone has the right to voice their opinion regarding changes made to old world content as it was never the idea. Some people enjoy re-exploring what they once saw as a home, and unlisted or unintentional changes made to such content or better yet let's say, your bedroom environment which you grew fond of, was having changes made to it by your mother or housekeeper (if you're Charlie Sheen :D) which you were clear on, and had an idea of how it would be, and you return to it only to find the things you enjoyed the most have been moved or taken away without being listed, wouldn't you be outraged!?

I may be biased here, as I really still do love TBC, it's items and environments. :D
85 Tauren Druid
Oh, and about ground mounts... I rarely see anyone use them anymore. Which is a shame. I mean I only use them myself in BGs, as there's no other choice, but you can fly everywhere now... it's not as cool as it sounds aye.
61 Gnome Mage
Daxxarri, was the change to withers unintentional too?
Teldrassil sproutling?

They both had different models, and I believe now share the same model, both different than before.

The issue where all treant models share the same texture (including Withers and the Teldrassil Sproutling) is something we're aware of and we're hoping to resolve soon.

That's great news, thanks for letting us know.

I'm still confused on how the change to the Talbuk was "the opposite" of a bug but "not intentional" but planned to be reverted... I mean, it doesn't matter, as long as it's fixed-- I'm just confused, is all.
90 Dwarf Paladin
Was the White War Talbuk fixed in the hotfixes?
90 Dwarf Paladin

The issue where all treant models share the same texture (including Withers and the Teldrassil Sproutling) is something we're aware of and we're hoping to resolve soon.

That's great news, thanks for letting us know.

I'm still confused on how the change to the Talbuk was "the opposite" of a bug but "not intentional" but planned to be reverted... I mean, it doesn't matter, as long as it's fixed-- I'm just confused, is all.

The original colors for hooves and horns was caused by a bug. They fixed the bug on accident, and are reverting it back because they liked it with the bug.
85 Blood Elf Death Knight
Blizz, you just made a ton of people very, very happy about this.

Now give them back their Exalteds.
Community Manager

The original colors for hooves and horns was caused by a bug. They fixed the bug on accident, and are reverting it back because they liked it with the bug.

Correct! We discovered that the wrong texture had been applied to the White War Talbuks horns n hooves, but since we liked it, and you guys liked it, and it felt like a good fit for the art design in Outland, we decided to keep it.
20 Dwarf Warrior
Personally I think the new skin looks great. It actually matches the rest of the set now. Besides, as has already been stated the original blue was the bug. It just seems wierd that putting some armour on a mount will change the colour of it horns and hooves. Consistancy is the way to go, and it would be a wasted effort to change all the rest of the talbuks' colours just to match the one glitched talbuk.
Either way, I can't believe Blizzard is 'giving in' to all the complainers. Especially about the trivial little cosmetic things.
85 Goblin Priest
Personally I think the new skin looks great. It actually matches the rest of the set now. Besides, as has already been stated the original blue was the bug. It just seems wierd that putting some armour on a mount will change the colour of it horns and hooves. Consistancy is the way to go, and it would be a wasted effort to change all the rest of the talbuks' colours just to match the one glitched talbuk.
Either way, I can't believe Blizzard is 'giving in' to all the complainers. Especially about the trivial little cosmetic things.

This. As I previously said, I happen to like the more consistent fixed grey look better and was glad it was changed. Don't revert it.
85 Draenei Hunter
when ever there is some sort of vague change to a minor thing in the game people seem to think blizzard is going out of their way to change these things for no logical reason.

tell me, WHAT reason did you have to jump to the conclusion that it was purposely changed instead of thinking that the change was possibly unintentional?
42 Dwarf Shaman
when ever there is some sort of vague change to a minor thing in the game people seem to think blizzard is going out of their way to change these things for no logical reason.

tell me, WHAT reason did you have to jump to the conclusion that it was purposely changed instead of thinking that the change was possibly unintentional?

Because Blizzard has been known to actually do that.
90 Tauren Druid
They better revert it back to the original skin, the horns and feet looked awesome before. I'm so sad.
Woah there! Hold your horses (or talbuks, as the case may be).

While not exactly a bug (the opposite, actually), this change to the White War Talbuk wasn't intentional. The current plan is to revert the White War Talbuk to its original, shiny blue hoof and horned state at the earliest opportunity.

Thank you, Daxxarri! The White War Talbuk is the only ground mount I have used since I first got it.
61 Gnome Mage

Correct! We discovered that the wrong texture had been applied to the White War Talbuks horns n hooves, but since we liked it, and you guys liked it, and it felt like a good fit for the art design in Outland, we decided to keep it.

Yay, I'm no longer confused! The other Gnomes will accept me back into their midst once again-- they were doubting my intelligence for a while there.
...Huh, you're right, the White War Talbuk was changed. I wonder who decided to do that?

I don't mind the new version, but I think a lot of people liked the old version. I've seen quite a few people even nowadays that were using it as their main mount.

Hopefully they either revert it back or add in another talbuk with the old White War Talbuk texture.
be nice if they made it like the OLD SCHOOL mounts were..(i am talking vanilla of vanilla) if you talk to a mount vendor they mention "you can trade in ___ for the reskinned ___" would be nice if they added something like that if they were going to change how a mount looked.. or just give you both versions so you can choose which to use.
02/08/2011 8:16 PMPosted by Cuuball
I'm personally glad they changed it. I hate it, really. Those neon blue horns on it? nasty looking. It looked horrible compared to other mounts, even the regular one, which I used because I liked it. Thank you for this change.

If your horns were blue, you might understand.
Am I the only one who doesnt' care? Sure I liked the shiney blue hooves, but its not a deal breaker. I still love the talbuks.
85 Worgen Mage
WHAT? I loved the White Talbuk mount. I liked the purple horns and hooves.
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]