<Blood Bath And Beyond> is Recruiting!

90 Orc Death Knight
BBB is recruiting for our core raid team.
Our raid times are Tue, Wed, And Thurs 8pm to 11pm server...
We are a 10 man guild.... These nights are a must to be a Consideration!
We are in need of the following for our core team 1
1 Shammy healz.... 1 Boomkin

We would like to add to our team 2 is....
Shammy healz

Our Guild website is http://bbbshandris.guildlaunch.com Please fill out a app if you feel you can be our missing raider!
In the Far future we have a laid out plan for 2 10 man teams and eventually getting into the mad house of 25 mans..
Edited by Mçmuffin on 3/28/2011 9:35 AM PDT
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Shaman
So you want to have 6 people join your guild to sit on your bench while the other people raid?

Reply Quote
80 Undead Mage
Catallus, the requirements of a 10-man guild are much different than a 25-man guild. The problem with a 10-man raiding group is that you generally need at least one of each class, and there are some classes that require you to carry multiples (paladins, priests, druids, among others).

To break it down, if you had one of each class, you have 10 players; if you have multiples of even half those classes, you will have 15 players/characters. Since most 10-man encounters require very specific class setups (2 paladins, 2 priests, 1 mage, 1 hunter, 2 druids, 1 shaman, 1 warrior OR 2 paladins, 1 priest, 1 DK, 2 druids, 2 shaman, 1 rogue, 1 mage), you might even need up to 18 players/characters, depending on the abilities of your raiding team. To compare that to a 25-man raiding guild, that is like having 38 to 45 players.

So, yes, he wants six people to join his guild to sit on a bench. It is the only way to do it. I know some people in HM 10-man guilds; they have 17 active raiders, and all 17 are online during each raid night.
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Shaman
I don't disagree with any of those points at all.

But to join a 1/12 guild to sit on the bench, that's full of win if I ever saw it.

My 10 man group never subs in people for an encounter. We only sub in people based on absentees. Unless you're joining a top tier guild, its not worth it to sit on the bench.
Reply Quote
80 Undead Mage
You have to start somewhere and you have to set expectations.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Death Knight
we are now 3/12 in 5 hours of raiding this week
Reply Quote
90 Orc Death Knight
We are gearing up and aiming for heroic content... so we will have to be very flexible since we are only doing 10 mans.... With that being said , All of our core team is building up offsets and are willing to sit for the raid... we have two bench members already and they are totally OK with it. We include everyone that is in guild during raid time to... And yes we do expect you to be online during raid times... You never know what we might need or what real life calls for!
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Shaman
FYI as a comment on your Halfus kill comment from the 10 man thread.

You killed it on the easiest week possible. That's why it was so easy.

It gets much, much harder on 10man depending on what drakes are up.

Just wait until you get Slate, Storm, and Time. That is the fun week.
Reply Quote
80 Undead Mage
Err.

You pull with Halfus, Storm, and Time active. Your two tanks alternate tanking an add and the boss, taking the debuff to 5. You have your ranged set their focus to Halfus for interrupts. Burn down Time with a Bloodlust, then kill storm. Then you can pull Slate and just alternate your tanks on Halfus and the add since there is the stun component, removing almost all danger of leaving the add up. Or, if your dps is good, just kill the add and melt Halfus with the 300% buff.

Not a particularly difficult encounter any way you cut in on normal.
Reply Quote
85 Troll Hunter
Yet people still wipe to normal.

Hell, we wipe to normal mode things. (Look at our conclave from last night. Talk about some LoL quality material).

We miss timed the killing of one, they all reset, and we attempted to kill them all again before the enrage. Missed it by 25 secs and had to wipe. The amount of stupid that can inflict a raid is amazing at times.
Reply Quote
80 Undead Mage
We die to Atramedes at least once a week. That is a devil of an encounter, especially with all the bugs with the sound mechanic. Hell, we have probably wiped more to Atramedes than any other boss this expansion because of the ridiculousness.

What is that? Searing Flames incoming? Okay. Gong. Wait. Why is my sound still at 90? WHY AM I DYINGGGGGGGGG ;[
Reply Quote
85 Troll Hunter
Hmm...our most deadly boss is definitely Atramedes as well. What a headache. We don't have bugs, just ignorance.
Reply Quote
80 Undead Mage
The last two weeks (maybe?) have been the worst. The AE mechanics seem to add more sound than described (say, 20ish vice 15), and the single-target stuff is doing about twice as much too (15 vice 7). Also, if you are at a high number of sound (80+) and somebody gongs, it seems it only sets it anywhere between 35 and 50. Combine that with a Modulation right after, and some people are nearly maxing out right after a Searing Flame.

I have submitted bug tickets, but we know how that goes.
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Shaman
02/11/2011 7:31 AMPosted by Lie
You have your ranged set their focus to Halfus for interrupts.

Our 10man's ranged is a mage, warlock, and a hunter. Not necessarily the best for ranged interrupts.
Reply Quote
80 Undead Mage
If you are using melee interrupts, you can have your rogue/feral/warrior/ret sit on Halfus; if you are using an Enhancement shaman, have them focus Halfus and ranged interrupt. You generally will not need that extra dps on the add until Heroic anyway.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Death Knight
bump
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Priest
Is there a site to visit to apply?
Reply Quote
85 Troll Hunter
@ Parkerr

Benches are a requirement. If you don't have a bench, you won't be raiding for long. Hell, half the challenge of running a 25man guild is finding that sweet spot of "how many people can I juggle on the bench.". Not that they're there to be wasted, it's more of a "We clear this much, need this much, and can afford to share this much" equation, without really wearing yourself too thin.

If you're killing things timely, and not perpetually behind, you can afford to have a medium sized bench.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Death Knight
We dont have a website.... most of us work full time jobs 8-5 c%@*%.... we do a vent app other then that... we do heroic test and go from there.... this aint no job... We are a semi hardcore for a reason... its a game after all... if i had more time myself like other in guild we would be else where... we dont have the time to devote to a Epitome or Ekpyrosis type of guild... with that being said... if you hit up Voodoodrood or myself in game we can help out with any questiong or concerns towards "apping"
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Priest
Thanks for the info -- someone asked me and I thought I would find out. Good luck to you in the future! :)
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]