Haste Issue Causing Ability Errors - Update#2

(Locked)

85 Goblin Mage
There was an issue where as frost, my frostfire bolt would light up as if it had procced for the instant cast but that wasn't the case. However this was a few weeks ago and it seemed to resolve itself on it's own. It's possible it might have been an error with an addon.
85 Orc Rogue
It's amazing to think rogues actually might be viable to play and we get screwed by a bug immediately when the patch comes out.While doing a random dungeon i notice im 2nd in dps and getting owned by a boomkin in solid blues doing his first heroic great job blizz putting that money to good use.
85 Orc Death Knight
02/08/2011 6:10 PMPosted by Bashiok
Haha, don't worry about it. It's like, three clicks for me to suspend someone. It's super duper easy.

This, Bashiok is why you and Zarhym are my favorite CM's. :]
85 Gnome Rogue
An apparent last-minute bug which was not found on the PTR before the patch was finalized has caused the client and server to disagree on the way haste affects resource generation. This bug will manifest itself in the UI showing a player they have enough resources to use an ability, but the server correctly prevents it as they in fact do not. A death knight for example might see a rune light up that isn’t actually available so when they use the ability, it won’t fire. A rogue may think they have enough energy to use Sinister Strike, but they can’t actually afford it so when they push the button, they will get an error. This bug could affect rogues, death knights, hunters and Feral druids, because these characters all gain more resources from haste. It will also affect buffs that affect attack speed, such as Slice and Dice, Windfury, Icy Talons, and Hunting Party, but also attack speed lowering effects like Thunder Clap. We're currently working on a fix.

okay after reading this again (and again) I'm a little confused - if my UI is showing me that Mutilate is costing 70 energy (which it should not - especially since I'm glyphed for it), um... doesn't this mean the bug is showing me I have less energy than I do? Or is this a completely separate bug (which it seems to be) because my energy costs and pool are teh suck right now and there's nothing in the patch notes that indicates it should be (anymore than it was before 4.0.6). I'm having to use twice as many white hits as usual because mutilate is drinking my milkshake.

From how I interpreted it and how it seemed to be behaving last night, what is happening is your UI will show that you have say 60 energy which will allow you to hit mutilate since it costs 55 but once it completes it does a check server side to acknowledge you in fact have enough which you don't you actually had 50(making up numbers not sure how much it's off by). So whenever there's discrepancy you end up using an extra GCD trying to use whatever ability.

edit: bad at scrolling
Edited by Abaxial on 2/9/2011 1:52 PM PST
90 Gnome Rogue

Thanks for the update, makes a lot of sense for my rogue and drood, something felt very wrong last night. Doesn't explain why my priest has the AoE of a sunflower but that is way off topic
85 Blood Elf Rogue
02/09/2011 11:30 AMPosted by Kerish
It's amazing to think rogues actually might be viable to play and we get screwed by a bug immediately when the patch comes out.While doing a random dungeon i notice im 2nd in dps and getting owned by a boomkin in solid blues doing his first heroic great job blizz putting that money to good use.

since when were rogues not viable to play this expansion? or even the previous 2 expansions...
Edited by Quelthydani on 2/9/2011 2:45 PM PST
85 Night Elf Death Knight
any word yet on the bugged queues, especially for xp-off players?

specifically

This was happening to me. I removed the Tidyplates Threat Plates add-on and it stopped happening. Works fine now.
90 Orc Shaman
02/08/2011 5:18 PMPosted by Bashiok
An apparent last-minute bug which was not found on the PTR before the patch was finalized has caused the client and server to disagree on the way haste affects resource generation. This bug will manifest itself in the UI showing a player they have enough resources to use an ability, but the server correctly prevents it as they in fact do not. A death knight for example might see a rune light up that isn’t actually available so when they use the ability, it won’t fire. A rogue may think they have enough energy to use Sinister Strike, but they can’t actually afford it so when they push the button, they will get an error. This bug could affect rogues, death knights, hunters and Feral druids, because these characters all gain more resources from haste. It will also affect buffs that affect attack speed, such as Slice and Dice, Windfury, Icy Talons, and Hunting Party, but also attack speed lowering effects like Thunder Clap. We're currently working on a fix.

Hmmm... it appears this bug was also effecting the American economy. Banks were incorrectly showing a person qualified for a specific amount on a loan but then the real world was saying they couldn't afford it.
Community Manager
The Haste issue was hotfixed last night but unfortunately as all hotfixes are quick fixes on the live realms, there is some risk associated with them and a new bug has been introduced. We believe the extent is that rogues, druids, death knights, and hunters are now not earning resources from true haste (such as from gear). We expect to implement a fix late tonight or early tomorrow. Our apologies for any impact this may have on your regularly scheduled play.
85 Worgen Druid
:(
85 Goblin Hunter
Edit: skipped over something cruical. So no focus from haste. :( wtb it back please.
Edited by Spärt on 2/9/2011 7:38 PM PST
Community Manager
A hotfix for this issue has been applied but will require off-peak rolling restarts to pick up the change. For this hotfix and others stay tuned to our official 4.0.6 Hotfix update blog - http://us.battle.net/wow/en/blog/2259389#blog
90 Pandaren Shaman
still waiting on that faded wizard hat blizz...we know you see it.
100 Human Rogue
Raiding on suramar Tuseday night was terrible. I DC'ed more than I played. My dps was a joke. Today, as per the hotfix that should have resolved the issue, it has not. The extra mount /dismount poof of dust laggs me a 10/ of a sec and is annoying. I can no longer swoop in and stealthland to kill elementals, I stand their looking dumb and get attacked. I have logged 100s of playing hours since the start of Cata and I could not stand to even play a few hours tonight. Roll back Patch 4.0.6 and do some more testing ...plz./ OK I JUST SAW THE PART ABOUT ROLLING RESTARTS >>> nevermind ...I still missed raid tonight :(
Edited by Scapula on 2/9/2011 8:45 PM PST
90 Draenei Hunter
What can be said about the PActh notes saying base cast time for Aimed were reduce to 2.4sec? and it isnt like that at all.
100 Dwarf Hunter
Please check you hot patch, now Ap stays the same, no foods,flasks,elixirs,or ever aspect of the hawk now will not increase AP. only a all stat elixir will increase AP. nothing I can do will raise my AP, I was just in a 10 man raid not even buffs raise AP. So there is a big bug for hunters anyway....
85 Troll Druid
Hey Blizz, I haven't found anywhere in the patch notes, nor the hotfixes that you changed the Faded Wizard Hat. Either it's broken or I can't read properly. I don't wanna look at a stupid troll while I heal people!
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]