The Exalted Title

(Locked)

85 Tauren Druid
If the title "The Exalted" was earned before the patch should we still have it or is this a bug?
90 Blood Elf Paladin
There are a few other threads about this, it seems those that had it before but do not quite meet the 50 exalted reputations requirement have lost their title.
Community Manager
We think "the Exalted" is a really awesome title. With Cataclysm we added a bunch of new reps though, and we want the title to keep pace so that it's always representative of someone that's obtained a considerable number of exalted reputations throughout the life of the game, even as we add more.

We did consider offering multiple titles for the various tiers, but "the Exalted" fits so perfectly and we wanted to avoid a potentially infinite string of titles like "the Fairly Exalted", "the Nigh Exalted", "the Mostly Exalted", etc. We also considered grandfathering in those who had already earned it but think that this title can be a unique testament to the continued efforts of reputation hunters and keep the same value as we introduce more reps and push the requirements up to match.

It's different than every other rep in the way we're raising it with a new bar to meet, and I do apologize that it wasn't communicated clearly beforehand that it was going to be functioning this way.
90 Gnome Mage
Whoever's moderating has been going around deleting those other threads. I don't understand why, given I saw no inappropriate language, just complaints from unhappy customers.

They should have added a new level title rather than stripping it from people who have earned it. 'Supremely Exalted' would be cool, rather than taking away something people have worked so hard to earn.
85 Night Elf Druid
We think "the Exalted" is a really awesome title. With Cataclysm we added a bunch of new reps though, and we want the title to keep pace so that it's always representative of someone that's obtained a considerable number of exalted reputations throughout the life of the game, even as we add more.

We did consider offering multiple titles for the various tiers, but "the Exalted" fits so perfectly and we wanted to avoid a potentially infinite string of titles like "the Fairly Exalted", "the Nigh Exalted", "the Mostly Exalted", etc. We also considered grandfathering in those who had already earned it but think that this title can be a unique testament to the continued efforts of reputation hunters and keep the same value as we introduce more reps and push the requirements up to match.

It's different than every other rep in the way we're raising it with a new bar to meet, and I do apologize that it wasn't communicated clearly beforehand that it was going to be functioning this way.

Something should have been said instead of just removing it. It just shows how little Blizzard cares of how it's customers feel...
85 Blood Elf Paladin
I never thought of it that way, I guess exalted had become rather meaningless. I mean when I got it by getting 40 in cata it was basically "meh, me and everyone else who tries a bit." Now its much harder to get and will actually mean something (specifically it means you wasted a ton of time grinding rep, but you know.) Looking forward to obtaining this, again. Still, what happened to not removing titles?
EDIT: In fact, suck it people who don't want to get 50 reps! Ah ah ah ah!
Edited by Wolfsongaz on 2/8/2011 1:44 PM PST
So does this mean I will spend the rest of the xpac grinding out 5 more reps only to have it taken away again at the beginning of the next xpac?
90 Night Elf Druid
We think "the Exalted" is a really awesome title. With Cataclysm we added a bunch of new reps though, and we want the title to keep pace so that it's always representative of someone that's obtained a considerable number of exalted reputations throughout the life of the game, even as we add more...

I agree completely-- however what you guys did was require far more reps than you added in cataclysm. Getting to 50 will be impossible without me going back for BG reps and I would rather rip my fingernails off.
Edited by Eulynn on 2/8/2011 1:45 PM PST
85 Worgen Druid
02/08/2011 1:40 PMPosted by Bashiok

In other words, when 5.0.3 comes out (next expansion) people who currently have "The Exalted" at 50 reps will lose it again and they'll have to acquire maybe 55 or 60 to get it back.

Does that really make sense?

Getting to 50 will be impossible without me going back for BG reps and I would rather rip my fingernails off.

It's not impossible. You don't even need BG rep. You will, most likely, need to get Ratchet/Booty Bay/Everlook rep up to exalted though. Those seem like they'll suck. I think I counted 57 without the BG groups. I'm at 39 now (half to my 40th), so I was a tad miffed this changed anyways but oh well. More stupid BC dailies in my future.
Edited by Barand on 2/8/2011 1:46 PM PST
78 Goblin Rogue
We think "the Exalted" is a really awesome title.

". . . And in this patch, we wanted to take a lot of awesome stuff away from people. So we did.

Suckers."
Edited by Manzarrek on 2/8/2011 1:45 PM PST
85 Human Death Knight
It is good to know that I can put all the required work and effort into an achievement and then have it stripped from me on a developer's whim with absolutely no warning or valid reasoning given.
10 Dwarf Paladin
So those that had it before the patch but don't meet the requirements afterwards don't get to keep it?

That really sucks. And wasn't communicated clearly? That seems to be an understatement.
85 Gnome Warlock

We were told we weren't going to lose it. Then we lost it without warning. This is WRONG.

Stop changing achievements! If you want to expand them, add new titles but stop taking all the work people have done towards gaining achievements and flushing them down the toilet. Why even bother any more if, every time you release a patch you just arbitrarily up and change the requirements on us?

This is a bush league response and further testimony to the fact that it seems like you guys are just phoning it in nowadays and just don't care one bit about your players.

Did you really think people who spent all that time in the last expansion getting this title would be happy about it?

We were told no titles would be taken away AND YOU LIED! This means that you are no longer trustworthy and will do whatever you want and to heck with the players.

Nice job. Way to show your true colors.
02/08/2011 1:41 PMPosted by Dmgplan
A bunch of new reps, you're so dumb. You added like 5 or 6. I had this title before Cata came out... This is honestly bull@*#! for taking it out. This pisses me off more than all of the changes done to classes.

Oh NOES!

I mean, really? hitting exalted with all the cataclysm factions is easy as hell, not even bother to go into how easy it is compared to Timbermaw, Hydraxxian Waterlords or Thorium Brotherhood rep, hell, I'm not even gonna discuss your own faction rep grind back in vanilla.

Why not, instead of being a rude, spoiled brat, get back to playing the game? Don't worry, you'll get exalted with ALL SIX new reputations in a month.
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]