The Exalted Title

(Locked)

85 Blood Elf Death Knight
Wow.... 2 blue posts in a no content thread while a 130+ thread of ticked off customers sits unanswered. I'm at a loss here. I'm blown away by the sheer lack of any type of customer relations.

Even Microsoft after sending out faulty consoles, owned up to it and provided an answer and fix for it.

Blizzard you have worse Customer Relations then Microsoft. They put out a console with nearly a 50% failure rate, that is saying something.

They're reading the threads. My post in the Talbuk one was deleted (along with the quoted post from someone else) and they slapped me with a mute (didn't ban me, but muted me for a few hours). So they see it. They're either just consolidating information to take to higher-ups, or they just don't have an answer to post yet. Either one, I'm happy to contribute to, as I'm sure other people are as well. They should just make a new title.

Regardless, do not let this thread die. We were told these titles were permanent, and would not be taken away. And then they jerk them out from under us? Bad form. What's next? Seeker? Loremaster? Going back and jerking Insane, even after all the stuff that happened with that?

No wonder they didn't tell us about removing Exalted (yeah, you didn't "remove it" from the game, but it was removed from players who earned every bit of it). Judging by the crapstorm that the possible retraction of the Insane got, it was really to be expected.

Edit: Bear with them, guys. There's only so much the Blues can do, I imagine this whole thing is handled by people much higher than they are. Hopefully this issue gets rectified soon, and people who lost their titles get them back.
Edited by Vaedaestol on 2/10/2011 2:02 PM PST
11 Orc Hunter
I'd say the fluff thread was the answer to your concerns, people.
Surprisingly childish move on their part.

85 Worgen Warrior
After following this thread for what... coming up on 3 days now, this pretty much sums up my feelings on the situation exactly. Hopefully those of you who are just as angered, frustrated, and just fed up like me will get a small chuckle for your day.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lyQAwkjXZ2c

Cheers,
Rågz the Unsubscribed
We think "the Exalted" is a really awesome title. With Cataclysm we added a bunch of new reps though, and we want the title to keep pace so that it's always representative of someone that's obtained a considerable number of exalted reputations throughout the life of the game, even as we add more.

We did consider offering multiple titles for the various tiers, but "the Exalted" fits so perfectly and we wanted to avoid a potentially infinite string of titles like "the Fairly Exalted", "the Nigh Exalted", "the Mostly Exalted", etc. We also considered grandfathering in those who had already earned it but think that this title can be a unique testament to the continued efforts of reputation hunters and keep the same value as we introduce more reps and push the requirements up to match.

It's different than every other rep in the way we're raising it with a new bar to meet, and I do apologize that it wasn't communicated clearly beforehand that it was going to be functioning this way.

I understand where you're coming from bashiok but if someone earned the title they should be able to keep it
85 Human Paladin
Forgive me if this has been said, but not sorting through 135 pages of posts...

In my opinion, this should be earned at a different levels per expansion, however, once earned you should not lose it. However as soon as 4.0.3a was released they should have made it so 40 or 45 no longer gave the title, but those that legitamately earned it during Wrath when 40 was (somewhat) more difficult to obtain should have kept it. Unfortunately they did not do this and suddenly the title was much more common then it was ever expected to be, so I understand the reasoning of taking it away at this point, but in the future more pre-planning would help alleviate some of the QQ of people who feel they legitamately earned one of the more difficult titles to obtain, yet still make it equally as challenging for newer people to obtain it.

I personally am not that upset about it although I earned it quite some time ago but lost some faction standing when I went for the Insane in the Membrane title and re-grinding the steamwheedle factions will be quite an annoyance, but I'm not worried about being able to obtain it again.
85 Night Elf Rogue
RAR
I'm really sorry if I seem rude or anything like that; but I have to say I think this is ridiculous, how angry you all are about this. Quitting the game, over 2 words? But that's not all...

I know you all have made up your mind, but I would at least like the explain myself. I've played plenty of MMO's and had all kinds of crap I worked for taken from toons because of one reason or another. When those objects had a use and I worked hard for them, and now I can't ever even get it again. But that's the thing; none of those are true about this title besides the work.

It's useless, and you will be able to get it again. The fact that you did the work and now are complaining because you'll have to do more to get it back is a double standard to me; you all want progress in the game and want more content, updates and patches, but want to eat the cake too.

If you don't get to keep the old way; you'll quit. If you don't get more content; you'll quit. Or at least be pissed. Not to mention that other people who join after you or didn't have the factions yet would have to get more to get the same achievement you had. And considering that the title is, once again, useless other than some obscure RP reasons, I would think the achievement itself is what would really matter; you knowing that you accomplished something.

Now, I understand this all means a lot to you guys. But I feel like there is WAY too much one sided-ness to this. It's like your all only seeing one side of the argument and being incredibly stubborn and selfish; "I got it, I want and you can't take my toys away from me!!!"

It's a title. They didn't take anything game-breaking from you, and you'll be sure to get some sort of replacement or ability to make up for it at some point. And the fact that a blue made a post elsewhere, to me, simply says they are still deciding what to do and don't want to give you guys a definitive answer yet.

Whenever a blue does something on this forum everyone freaks out and assumes there is some evil connotation to their intentions based on conspiracy theories. I have plenty of problems with this game and wish they would go take a look at the rogue forums and do something for my class, or make it so I have a chance against a mage in PVP; but there is a lot more too it than just that.

If you are seriously going to quit over just a title, then I would have to say I am glad but good luck. To me, it's a selfish thing to do when all things are considered; at least in a theoretical sense. but I suggest people be more patient. I know this means a lot to you, but they have to decide what kind of cake they're gonna bake before you can decide if you want to eat it.

Either way, good luck.
85 Draenei Mage
Yeah, but would be nice if they man up and reply in THIS thread =/
90 Undead Warlock
Speetz there is more to it that that. This was the straw that broke the camels back for a good number of us.
90 Human Rogue
I'm really sorry if I seem rude or anything like that; but I have to say I think this is ridiculous, how angry you all are about this. Quitting the game, over 2 words? But that's not all...

I know you all have made up your mind, but I would at least like the explain myself. I've played plenty of MMO's and had all kinds of crap I worked for taken from toons because of one reason or another. When those objects had a use and I worked hard for them, and now I can't ever even get it again. But that's the thing; none of those are true about this title besides the work.

It's useless, and you will be able to get it again. The fact that you did the work and now are complaining because you'll have to do more to get it back is a double standard to me; you all want progress in the game and want more content, updates and patches, but want to eat the cake too.

If you don't get to keep the old way; you'll quit. If you don't get more content; you'll quit. Or at least be pissed. Not to mention that other people who join after you or didn't have the factions yet would have to get more to get the same achievement you had. And considering that the title is, once again, useless other than some obscure RP reasons, I would think the achievement itself is what would really matter; you knowing that you accomplished something.

Now, I understand this all means a lot to you guys. But I feel like there is WAY too much one sided-ness to this. It's like your all only seeing one side of the argument and being incredibly stubborn and selfish; "I got it, I want and you can't take my toys away from me!!!"

It's a title. They didn't take anything game-breaking from you, and you'll be sure to get some sort of replacement or ability to make up for it at some point. And the fact that a blue made a post elsewhere, to me, simply says they are still deciding what to do and don't want to give you guys a definitive answer yet.

Whenever a blue does something on this forum everyone freaks out and assumes there is some evil connotation to their intentions based on conspiracy theories. I have plenty of problems with this game and wish they would go take a look at the rogue forums and do something for my class, or make it so I have a chance against a mage in PVP; but there is a lot more too it than just that.

If you are seriously going to quit over just a title, then I would have to say I am glad but good luck. To me, it's a selfish thing to do when all things are considered; at least in a theoretical sense. but I suggest people be more patient. I know this means a lot to you, but they have to decide what kind of cake they're gonna bake before you can decide if you want to eat it.

Either way, good luck.

It's not so much the title as the precedent it sets. If Blizzard is willing to remove one title or achievement because it isn't 'awesome' enough, they more than likely than not are willing to do it again.
85 Night Elf Priest
I used to play Everquest way back when and thought their customer service was terrible. Blizzard surpasses the Everquest team and now has the honor of taking home the Blue Ribbon. Their utter disregard for the efforts we put into achieving the goals they put in the game, only to have them laugh as they take it away from us, is unacceptable. GIVE ME BACK MY TITLE. YOU DO NOT HAVE A LICENSE TO STEAL, AND THAT IS EXACTLY WHAT YOU DID.
Community Manager
We understand the concern that everyone has expressed in this thread, however have decided to close this thread at this point in time as discussions have devolved into flaming and arguing. Our previous answers stand at this point in time and should any further developments occur in regard to this topic, we will make sure to share them with you.

Please refrain from attempting to derail other threads with this topic. It is neither appropriate, constructive, or respectful of the other posters.
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]