The Exalted Title

(Locked)

10 Dwarf Shaman
02/08/2011 1:57 PMPosted by Zosima
What's the point of the achievements if you can arbitrarily take them away?

See: Keymaster.
90 Night Elf Druid
With Cataclysm we added a bunch of new reps though, and we want the title to keep pace so that it's always representative of someone that's obtained a considerable number of exalted reputations throughout the life of the game, even as we add more.

Reputations added with Cataclysm:

Baradin's wardens
Earthen Ring
Guardians of Hyjal
Ramkahen
Wildhammer/Dragonmaw
Therazane

That's six.

Reputations unobtainable in cataclysm:
Shen'dralar
possibly more..

Upping the requirement to 45 actually made sense since it was the same relative difficulty as 40 with 6 new factions and 1 being lost.

Upping it to 50 does not make the title "keep pace" it makes it substantially more difficult to obtain.
91 Orc Hunter
02/08/2011 1:57 PMPosted by Zosima
And we already know "The Exalted" is basically temporary, on top of that.
10 Dwarf Paladin
02/08/2011 1:56 PMPosted by Ewing
Just how many times do we have to keep earning this?? I am not that far from 50 exulted reps, But I already earned it twice. I got it the 1st time in WotLK with the 40 reps. I then earned it again with 45 reps since Cata came out. I worked darn hard for and to have it taken way is a slap in the face. I want my title back.

I would say at least 1 more time, at the very least, whenever Blizzard releases the next expansion. And then again after that. And then yet again after that too. As this sets precedent.

Sucks, I agree. Other titles were grandfathered in and they were in similar situations.
85 Orc Warlock

Timbermaw hold now takes maybe 20 mins. Thorium brotherhood now takes maybe 45 minutes. Waterlords is just grinding MC for a month or so.

A month for Waterlords? Once you hit revered you can only get 1050 rep a week.

Yep, and when you hit 20999/21000, the only bosses that can push you over are Golemagg and Ragnaros.

Also, to add to that person above me's list there, I don't think you can get zandalar rep any longer.
Edited by Lorelienne on 2/8/2011 2:00 PM PST
100 Night Elf Druid
Well thanks for asking or at least telling us about it before it happened after time and again saying that titles and achievements would not be retroactively removed upon future content updates.

I know Blizzard is a company and money is the bottom line but I thought there was more than just money. Changes like this speak otherwise about the company.

The people who got 40 exalted reps are likely the people who would continue to grind rep even if there was no other reward (title). I was going for 50 exalted reps just to say I have it, just for another achievement but these kind of changes make me want to say $%^& it and just quit.
90 Human Death Knight
We think "the Exalted" is a really awesome title. With Cataclysm we added a bunch of new reps though, and we want the title to keep pace so that it's always representative of someone that's obtained a considerable number of exalted reputations throughout the life of the game, even as we add more.

We did consider offering multiple titles for the various tiers, but "the Exalted" fits so perfectly and we wanted to avoid a potentially infinite string of titles like "the Fairly Exalted", "the Nigh Exalted", "the Mostly Exalted", etc. We also considered grandfathering in those who had already earned it but think that this title can be a unique testament to the continued efforts of reputation hunters and keep the same value as we introduce more reps and push the requirements up to match.

It's different than every other rep in the way we're raising it with a new bar to meet, and I do apologize that it wasn't communicated clearly beforehand that it was going to be functioning this way.

And once again you think of something that the entire community hates and doesn't want.
85 Orc Warrior
02/08/2011 1:59 PMPosted by Qa
So will this title have its requirements increased once again when more factions arise?

Yes - it will also be stripped away again if you don't meet them.
/enjoy
100 Blood Elf Priest
Hmph.

Baleeting other threads with my impassioned walls of text posts is like adding insult to injury. Actually we was arguing with someone who kept saying it's no big deal, just grind moar reps, so deletion was warranted. We will grind more rep anyway because achievement hos will be achievement hos. I'll wear no title as a personal protest though.

Would be really nice of you, as an apology and to make amends for this abrupt surprise kick in the gut change, to give us new tabards to wear in new Cata dungeons for MC/AQ/BWL/BT rep. I refuse to step back into MC, that place traumatized me at 60.

At least we have a blue answer so we can stop screaming now. /still annoyed

85 Human Death Knight
blizard are lazy. is was an easy thing for them to do.

up the amount you need to get the title. thus resetting everyones title that had it.

they probably only had to change one line of code or one entry in a database.
85 Worgen Druid
02/08/2011 1:59 PMPosted by Lorelienne
Also, to add to that person above me's list there, I don't think you can get zandalar rep any longer.

Nope. Nor Shendralar or whatever. No the centaurs - but I suspect they never counted toward the total anyways.
91 Orc Hunter

At least we have a blue answer so we can stop screaming now. /still annoyed
No. Now we know they see how infuriated we are, that they are watching, and will scream more. It was a really low move. Yellow flag kind of low.
Reputations added with Cataclysm:

Baradin's wardens
Earthen Ring
Guardians of Hyjal
Ramkahen
Wildhammer/Dragonmaw
Therazane

Bilgewater, too.

I agree though, should've revised the Explorer and Loremaster ones as well if this was going to happen to these guys.
90 Orc Hunter
Upping the requirement to 45 actually made sense since it was the same relative difficulty as 40 with 6 new factions and 1 being lost.

Upping it to 50 does not make the title "keep pace" it makes it substantially more difficult to obtain.

QFT
100 Night Elf Druid
02/08/2011 1:59 PMPosted by Forumdwarf

See: Keymaster.

Achievements like that become feats of strength I believe, they aren't completely taken away, people who had them still have them.
87 Blood Elf Hunter
I'm sorry, but this really is unacceptable. When you earn a title, you should keep it. I worked very hard to get the Exalted, and it's my favorite title. Now I have to keep working on it? That's BS.

If this is the case, the Explorer, Loremaster, and the Seeker should all be looked at as well.
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]