The Exalted Title

(Locked)

93 Human Rogue
02/08/2011 2:04 PMPosted by Grandevil

See: Keymaster.

Achievements like that become feats of strength I believe, they aren't completely taken away, people who had them still have them.

Keymaster is 100% gone.
100 Blood Elf Hunter
They could have at lest replaced 40 45 exalted rep titles with something else.
90 Night Elf Druid
02/08/2011 1:45 PMPosted by Manzarrek
We think "the Exalted" is a really awesome title.

". . . And in this patch, we wanted to take a lot of awesome stuff away from people. So we did.

Suckers."

To me it seems like they're saying "This virtual world of ours is too much like a game. We need to make this more serious. Let the people grind!"

EDIT: Spelling
Edited by Treddian on 2/8/2011 2:07 PM PST
100 Blood Elf Hunter
This is really infuriating, and incrediably unfair. Even moreso considering i dont recall hearing any warning that this was going to happen. Furthermore, why does just the exalted title get this treatment, why not take away peoples loremaster aswell until the all the new cata content? I am so disappointed by blizzard's actions.
19 Worgen Warrior
02/08/2011 2:05 PMPosted by Ewing
They could have at lest replaced 40 45 exalted rep titles with something else.

Indeed.

If Exalted absolutely must be at 50, then they could have given "the Honored" for 40 and "the Revered" for 45.

Removing them without any form of compensation is one of the worst moves Blizzard has made in a long time. There's no point in grinding an achievement when there's a chance the requirements will just be changed again later.
100 Night Elf Druid
This is silly.

I don't have (much) of a problem with the requirement being raised (as I assume that other reps will be added later in the expansion), I do have a problem with people who already have the title having it stripped from them (and I don't have the original title, was closing in on it though).

What makes the 40 rep achievement in Wrath less 'worthy' than the 50 one in Cataclysm? What next, the violet proto-drake being yanked off people because you decide to add more holidays?

It's just bad customer relations, and I didn't think Blizzard was into that.
90 Night Elf Druid

Achievements like that become feats of strength I believe, they aren't completely taken away, people who had them still have them.

Keymaster is 100% gone.

Aww, I was upset enough when I lost the keys but I didn't know I lost the Keymaster achievement. :(
100 Night Elf Druid

Keymaster is 100% gone.

Are you kidding me? They just removed it? That's such BS, they keep saying "we will not do 'x'" then turning around and doing it. I worked hard for that stupid achievement, it as back when there was that stupid long annoying quest chain in WP to get the scholomance key.
100 Undead Priest
I had the title in Wrath, with 41 at exalted.

You've added 8 new reputations (guild, Worgen or Gnomes, TB, and one for each of the 5 new zones).

Does it really make sense to require 10 more reputations for people who already had this title when you only added 8 new reps? I have to grind 2 old ones just to keep par for a title I already earned.
Edited by Bregdark on 2/8/2011 2:17 PM PST
85 Blood Elf Paladin
We think "the Exalted" is a really awesome title. With Cataclysm we added a bunch of new reps though, and we want the title to keep pace so that it's always representative of someone that's obtained a considerable number of exalted reputations throughout the life of the game, even as we add more.

We did consider offering multiple titles for the various tiers, but "the Exalted" fits so perfectly and we wanted to avoid a potentially infinite string of titles like "the Fairly Exalted", "the Nigh Exalted", "the Mostly Exalted", etc. We also considered grandfathering in those who had already earned it but think that this title can be a unique testament to the continued efforts of reputation hunters and keep the same value as we introduce more reps and push the requirements up to match.

It's different than every other rep in the way we're raising it with a new bar to meet, and I do apologize that it wasn't communicated clearly beforehand that it was going to be functioning this way.

This is PURE CRAP. I usually take things as they come when it comes to the game. This one though? Takes the cake. Yes I have 3 more to go til 50. BUT I EARNED THIS IN WOTLK! Taking it away is just infuriating to me. Thanks for giving me enough reason to quit for good now.
MVP - World of Warcraft
100 Gnome Warrior

What makes the 40 rep achievement in Wrath less 'worthy' than the 50 one in Cataclysm?

I think this is a good point.

People did the grind on this when it was hard to do. Adding additional reputations doesn't make it any less difficult when they did it.

85 Gnome Priest
In patch 4.1, the Mountain O' Mounts dragonhawk mount will be removed from players who have fewer than 125 mounts, in order to keep it awesome.
100 Night Elf Druid
I don't see the logic behind this change. It doesn't please any specific group of the player base, it only upsets people. I can't even conceive of why someone would think this was even remotely a good idea.

Who at Blizzard could have thought "let's take away one of the most difficult things to earn in the game from our most dedicated players, that'll really make them happy"?

No, seriously, who does this change benefit? At all? It only serves to make some of the people with the most hours invested in the game angry. It's not like a case where you buff one thing and nerf something else and half the group is happy and half are upset. This change only serves to anger people who earned Exalted, and rightfully so.

The Blizzard I know, the Blizzard that does things because they want their game to be fun and their fans to happy would admit their mistake in implementing this change and revert it as soon as possible.

Well said.

Feeling like the work we did was for nothing doesn't exactly inspire us to spend more time doing more work when it could just be taken away again at any time.
33 Blood Elf Warrior
Seriously. I just got the Exalted on my main. I figured I should grind out the rep before they raised the requirement. I got it. "SAFE!" is what I thought. I guess not. This actually enrages me. I would never have bothered if I knew they'd take it away.

I would not have even bothered one bit to get it if I had known.

REALLY UNCOOL.
85 Orc Warrior

It's different than every other rep in the way we're raising it with a new bar to meet, and I do apologize that it wasn't communicated clearly beforehand that it was going to be functioning this way.

Thanks for clarifying this, someone crossposted this in the achievement forum in a thread where I thought it'd sink away as another keymaster/stealth change forevers.

The pacing idea is amazing, as long as players are kept in the loop!
91 Orc Hunter
02/08/2011 2:11 PMPosted by Puyoyo
In patch 4.1, the Mountain O' Mounts dragonhawk mount will be removed from players who have fewer than 125 mounts, in order to keep it awesome.
Don't give them any ideas.

ETA; No, the pacing idea is garbage. We already earned it. You aren't going to take away the Saint's Super Bowl trophy just because a new team won it this year.
Edited by Cozzene on 2/8/2011 2:16 PM PST
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]