"Account locked due to suspicious activity"

I got an email regarding this, but it didn't say what the suspicious activity was.
I know I don't have any viruses, or trojans.

I changed my password around, anyways.
Was it because I screwed up logging in earlier today like 5 times?(Cats woke me up at 5am).
85 Blood Elf Paladin
What Pamarack said.

Were you actually unable to login when it said your account was locked?
Blizzard Employee
02/09/2011 10:21 AMPosted by Pamarack
By the way, that is a fake one, please send it to hacks@blizzard.com
Lets not get ahead of ourselves, Pamarack

02/09/2011 10:14 AMPosted by Brokenhorn
I got an email regarding this, but it didn't say what the suspicious activity was.
From what I can see, Brokenhorn, your account may have been locked for security reasons or suspicious activity as stated in the e-mail.

What exactly does this mean?
Several months ago, we implemented a security feature that will lock an account if access to it appears to be exploitive. The security feature, will look for several things on the account and based on what it see's it may flag the account.

What triggers it?
Unfortunately we are unable to provide information as to how exactly it works. This is to protect your account from those who will try anything to get access to your account.

What Should I do if my account is locked?
Reset your password by using the link in the e-mail sent to you or reset the password manually by using the password retrieval option.

https://us.battle.net/account/support/password-reset.html

I reset my password and I keep getting locked out. What should I do now?
The system will generally learn your access pattern and should stop locking the account over time. Keep in mind that proxies or proxy like type services are not supported and will cause the account to be flagged multiple times.

If you are not using proxies, contact our billing and account services team. With additional account verification they may be able to temporarily reduce the amount of times you are locked out. This is only a temporary solution and is by no means a fix.

I am traveling, should I call billing?
No. The security feature will work the same way. If you are locked, reset your password as mentioned above and you should be able to log back in.
From what I can see, Brokenhorn, your account may have been locked for security reasons or suspicious activity as stated in the e-mail.

So, your system thinks I'm a bot because I logged on at a weird time?
Edited by Brokenhorn on 2/9/2011 10:51 AM PST
64 Tauren Death Knight
02/09/2011 10:46 AMPosted by Roraks
Unfortunately we are unable to provide information as to how exactly it works. This is to protect your account from those who will try anything to get access to your account.
02/09/2011 10:55 AMPosted by Moojerk
Where does it say bot? It locked your computer because of suspicious activity. Meaning something doesn't seem right, as in some kind of possible attempted hack or unauthorized access. Did you follow the links Roraks posted or not?6

He said Exploitive activity.
Exploit = Cheating
Cheating = Bots/Mods.

Also: That link doesn't have anything beyond what I got from the email, I reset my password before I made this post.
100 Tauren Shaman
suspicious activity

That is what he said and what the email says.

Stop looking at it like blizzard thinks you are botting, because that is not even close to what is happening

It simply means they think your current log in is different than usual so they want you to reset your password to make sure its u
90 Human Death Knight
im having the same problem but the link they give me in my email says itws unsafe.. and i dotn rember my security answer
100 Blood Elf Priest
05/21/2011 12:28 PMPosted by Hitsugayaa
im having the same problem but the link they give me in my email says itws unsafe.. and i dotn rember my security answer
Start your very own thread rather than necro bumping an almost 4 month old dead thread.
25 Tauren Warrior
i just had this happen to me i did wat it said and it still doesesnt work someone please help me!!!
100 Orc Rogue
Please don't necro threads, post a new one with your issue.
25 Night Elf Druid
07/18/2012 06:56 PMPosted by Tankiis
i just had this happen to me i did wat it said and it still doesesnt work someone please help me!!!

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/6079783220?page=5#92
As I type, my friend is currently trying to fix this same problem. Her account was locked....And she actually is in a different location... The email she got ---> (Due to an unusual change in your access pattern, the Battle.net account ....(blocking this part)@cox.net has been locked. This can be caused by logging in from a new location, but it may also signal an attempt to compromise your account.) But, its the same computer she uses so...why??
This topic has expired. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]