Civil Discussion, Juggernaut nerf.

100 Worgen Warrior
02/18/2011 8:23 PMPosted by Bashiok
FYI - http://us.battle.net/wow/en/blog/2259389#blog

Bashiok I appreciate the feedback, I honestly do. It is good to know that things are being heard. It seems like our problem right now is not with damage, it's mobility. I would happily take less damage for more overall uptime. As it stands the class is not fun, because you spend most of any given fight controlled, with maybe a small window of time on your target to get damage in. How is that fun?
100 Night Elf Hunter
02/18/2011 8:25 PMPosted by Enohc

Great solution to crippling their mobility.

This is not the solution to that. You must have already forgotten Daxx's first post in this thread where he said:

As for some general notes, we do think Arms damage is a little low in both PvP and PvE, and we might adjust that soon. This isn't a solution to current PvP viability issues, and we understand that. I'm just mentioning it because we're on the subject of Arms and it's worth noting. While we’re on the subject of stuff ‘worth noting’, we also don’t like jumping to avoid Charge, so we're examining some potential solutions for that too.

It was a change that needed to be made anyway, but is NOT the mobility solution they suggested will be incoming. Bashiok brought attention to the hotfix because it does affect warriors and this is a thread warriors are watching closely. It makes sense. It's not your mobility solution and they aren't pretending it is either.
85 Orc Warrior
I dont think you warriors get it.
Blizzard doesn't want you to have so much up time on targets.
Being kited sometimes is not broken game design. Good warriors find ways to work around it. Also this game is balanced around having someone dispelling you all the time.

And really, the only reason why you have any up time issues at all is frost mages.

Actually, I think it's you that doesn't get it. It's been stated multiple times, but I'll repeat it. Charging to a target does not equal up time. Very often it doesn't even get us to the target at all, let alone let us actually stick to the target.

In actuality, no warriors have found ways to work around it. Warrior representation drops as ratings increase. Exactly the opposite of what's happening with mages.
100 Human Warrior
A 10% buff might actually bring Arms PVE within spitting distance of Fury at lower gear levels, which is something at least. It's a decent enough bandaid, and is appreciated cause I should be able to go back to raiding as Arms with that, but I really hope the developers don't think this fixes the problem totally. Like I've said over and over, Arms' biggest problem is scaling, and by 372 gear with this buff, it'll be behind again (though maybe not at the absolute bottom anymore), and by next tier it'll probably start approaching the bottom unless we see a lot more crit itemized gear.
90 Orc Warrior
02/18/2011 8:23 PMPosted by Bashiok

Not to bite your head off, but that was totally unnecessary, and if you're going to work towards making warriors decent again, developers' time is better spent looking in other parts of our functionality.
90 Orc Warrior
I'm finding it humorous that they complain about their snare being 50%...

Have you ever checked out Curse of Exhaustion? Yeah, don't complain.

Curse of Exhaustion has a range of 40 yards. Yeah, don't complain. :~)

Fear is also borked. Damage cap too low, health pools too high.

Go on, tell me to start my own thread. It's been started and talked about..and ..wow..nothing happens.

Warlocks are incredibly underpowered right now and certainly aren't in a lot of the arena teams comprising the top brackets.
Edited by Blackclaw on 2/18/2011 8:53 PM PST
85 Worgen Warrior
Thanks, I guess. I'm not going to complain about a buff, but warrior damage is VERY high on any target we can sit on for the whole duration of CSmash
100 Draenei Shaman
02/18/2011 8:50 PMPosted by Blackclaw
Not to bite your head off, but that was totally unnecessary, and if you're going to work towards making warriors decent again, developers' time is better spent looking in other parts of our functionality.

Feels like a PvE fix. Hopefully scaling gets worked on in 4.1 or w/e.
100 Night Elf Hunter
02/18/2011 8:46 PMPosted by Cucultlan
keep trying but you are addresing an issue with more damage and give more arguments for the noobs with 0 resilience in pvp to QQ about the warrior damage.

/sigh

I know I just posted this at the top of this very page, but maybe twice in one page will work...

From the VERY FIRST Blizzard post on THIS THREAD:
As for some general notes, we do think Arms damage is a little low in both PvP and PvE, and we might adjust that soon. This isn't a solution to current PvP viability issues, and we understand that. I'm just mentioning it because we're on the subject of Arms and it's worth noting. While we’re on the subject of stuff ‘worth noting’, we also don’t like jumping to avoid Charge, so we're examining some potential solutions for that too.

They already addressed your concern. Before it could even BE a concern! The damage boost isn't intended to fix mobility issues. It is a separate issue that just happened to be fixed right now. The mobility fix Daxx mentioned is still coming later.

Alas, I'm sure there will still be more similar complaints. Mostly because people will read the hotfix and then not bother to think before posting. /sigh
90 Orc Warrior
They already addressed your concern. Before it could even BE a concern! The damage boost isn't intended to fix mobility issues. It is a separate issue that just happened to be fixed right now.

The question still needs to be asked about why fixing warriors to no longer make them sitting ducks in PvP is not a higher priority than tweaking damage for PvE purposes.
100 Human Warrior
02/18/2011 8:59 PMPosted by Blackclaw
They already addressed your concern. Before it could even BE a concern! The damage boost isn't intended to fix mobility issues. It is a separate issue that just happened to be fixed right now.

The question still needs to be asked about why fixing warriors to no longer make them sitting ducks in PvP is not a higher priority than tweaking damage for PvE purposes.

It's likely because damage is easy to hotfix in. Things that would increase uptime are bigger changes that almost certainly require an actual patch.
90 Orc Warrior
02/18/2011 9:02 PMPosted by Secondwind
Things that would increase uptime are bigger changes that almost certainly require an actual patch.

If they could create Death's Advance fast enough to hotfix it in, amending Warrior uptime shouldn't need much at all.
85 Worgen Warrior
ok it doesnt matter how much they buff damage if we cant touch the target, idk about you but its hard enough to catch a caser then to have to wait 10 seconds after they are blowing your face off is bit much
100 Human Warrior
02/18/2011 9:03 PMPosted by Blackclaw
Things that would increase uptime are bigger changes that almost certainly require an actual patch.

If they could create Death's Advance fast enough to hotfix it in, amending Warrior uptime shouldn't need much at all.

Death's Advance was put in with the patch. The hotfix regarding it reduced it from 100% to 70%.
8 Troll Hunter
I'm finding it humorous that they complain about their snare being 50%...

Have you ever checked out Curse of Exhaustion? Yeah, don't complain.

Fear is also borked. Damage cap too low, health pools too high.

Go on, tell me to start my own thread. It's been started and talked about..and ..wow..nothing happens.

coex can be applied from range?
8 Troll Hunter
02/18/2011 8:48 PMPosted by Secondwind
A 10% buff might actually bring Arms PVE within spitting distance of Fury at lower gear levels, which is something at least. It's a decent enough bandaid, and is appreciated cause I should be able to go back to raiding as Arms with that, but I really hope the developers don't think this fixes the problem totally. Like I've said over and over, Arms' biggest problem is scaling, and by 372 gear with this buff, it'll be behind again (though maybe not at the absolute bottom anymore), and by next tier it'll probably start approaching the bottom unless we see a lot more crit itemized gear.
well I for one am glad fury isn't worse than arms. if they did that i'd have to stop playing my warrior for a while, because I hate hardcasting slam, so I won't respec arms if it becomes a fotm

if they made them equal that'd be fine, but they never will. so I'm glad fury's better for pve
Edited by Sephres on 2/18/2011 9:08 PM PST
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]