Civil Discussion, Juggernaut nerf.

80 Dwarf Death Knight
Thank you blizzard, now i know good feedback does matter on these forums.
1 Troll Rogue
Maybe I'm coming late to the conversation and this has been discussed....but didn't Dax just say "Casters weren't doing well enough in PvP so we nerfed warriors"? Really?
90 Orc Warrior
02/18/2011 10:53 PMPosted by Forumtoon
Maybe I'm coming late to the conversation and this has been discussed....but didn't Dax just say "Casters weren't doing well enough in PvP so we nerfed warriors"? Really?

Not quite. He said that warriors shouldn't have 100% uptime on casters. Which is acceptable, but still pretty ridiculous considering we have nowhere close to 100% uptime on certain classes (see my last post).

On another note, cloth-based casters are absolutely dominating arena brackets right now due to their high levels of burst damage and crowd control.
85 Draenei Hunter
02/17/2011 6:31 PMPosted by Daxxarri
Arms warriors were so mobile that kiting wasn't very effective against them
I have to say, sub rogues and feral druids are 1000 times harder to kite than a arms warrior. No idea why you chose to nerf warriors over them.
100 Human Warrior
02/18/2011 11:00 PMPosted by Powerspawn
Arms warriors were so mobile that kiting wasn't very effective against them
I have to say, sub rogues and feral druids are 1000 times harder to kite than a arms warrior. No idea why you chose to nerf warriors over them.

Ferals got nerfed too. And sub got 4 seconds added to their shadowstep cooldown, for whatever that's worth.
23 Human Warrior
02/18/2011 11:02 PMPosted by Secondwind

Ferals got nerfed too. And sub got 4 seconds added to their shadowstep cooldown, for whatever that's worth.

Rogues also had 10 secs added to CLOS cooldown.
Edited by Aiysis on 2/18/2011 11:09 PM PST
85 Worgen Warrior
ok im starting to get the feeling that alot of blizz devs roll casters so melee has to suffr the consqueces. Their logic is a mage should face roll a warrior with out wasting CD's while we blow every thing yo barely drop their shield
85 Dwarf Warlock
02/18/2011 11:06 PMPosted by Rileyfreeman
ok im starting to get the feeling that alot of blizz devs roll casters so melee has to suffr the consqueces. Their logic is a mage should face roll a warrior with out wasting CD's while we blow every thing yo barely drop their shield

Simple minds have little grasp on the bigger pictures.
90 Human Warrior
I think a good direction to go would be toward dropping the shield restriction off shield wall and spell reflect as part of the perk of 2h-weapon specialization.

I feel this would alleviate a lot of the complications that will arise from the decision to limit warrior uptime on target via enhanced defensive utility while also eliminating the complications of shield swapping (The annoying drawbacks inherit to it and latency issues.) while opening some ease of use to people newer to a class.

As for shield wall, well it just kinda sucks to have so many steps to access it. (I don't see why macros should be a part of the requisite functionality of a class toolset.)

This just strikes me as an idea that would make warrior's in pvp a more dynamic and interesting encounter to a wider audience.
85 Worgen Warrior
ok well i believe in what i see and they said it in a blue post so yes it might be simple but its the simple truth
90 Orc Warrior
02/18/2011 11:06 PMPosted by Rileyfreeman
ok im starting to get the feeling that alot of blizz devs roll casters so melee has to suffr the consqueces.

Having conspiracy theories that the developers WANT to inconvenience melee players is not going to fix anything.

Yes, a lot of melee classes are absolutely screwed right now (warriors are just the worst of the bunch), and cloth casters absolutely dominate top arena brackets - but that doesn't mean that's what developers want.

Don't blame something on malevolence, that you can blame on ignorance.
85 Worgen Warrior
it's not a conspricay theroy if it is stated in a blue post my friend it came directly form the horses mouth on that one im not screaming the sky is falling im going off what came out of the devs mouth.

I play melee because i like being in the fight literally and if i cant get to my target what good does playing melee do?
Edited by Rileyfreeman on 2/18/2011 11:23 PM PST
90 Orc Warrior
02/18/2011 11:21 PMPosted by Rileyfreeman
it's not a conspricay theroy if it is stated in a blue post my friend it came directly form the horses mouth on that one

what are you talking about? what did they say?
85 Worgen Warrior
the post where they said that warriors up time on targets is too high it was made by draxx
90 Orc Warrior
02/18/2011 11:28 PMPosted by Rileyfreeman
the post where they said that warriors up time on targets is too high it was made by draxx

yeah, i know what that post is, but i don't see where it referred to the alleged fact that blizzard developers all played casters
85 Worgen Warrior
that was my opinion based off that post
90 Orc Warrior
that's not an opinion, that's attempting to state a fact
85 Worgen Warrior
no i made my opinion based off of a fact that came out of the devs mouth
85 Orc Warrior
The problem is you gave us heroic leap, which is more mobility (which doesn't work half the time) and then took away intercept (which worked fine). I'm pretty sure the majority of the warrior community would agree to having heroic leap taken away in return of our working gap closer. But it's your game not ours right blizz? If we don't like it we can just quit right? Well I think you might have more than you think just do that. I myself am getting tired of the over payed and too comfortable in their job positions to give a *%#@ about fixing an obvious fail of a decision attitude. I have been playing this game for years and this is the first time i've been this frustrated with any class changes. It has become apparent to me that you can't balance your head out of your ass.
90 Orc Warrior
i don't think you understand

"i like frost mages" is an opinion
"i play a frost mage" is a fact, not an opinion

accusing developers of all playing casters is not only most likely wrong, it's incredibly childish and decreases the chance of representatives taking us seriously instead of just locking threads down

you are not helping warriors get fixed
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]