The rockets pink glare achievement bugged

85 Gnome Warlock
the avhiev states 20 seconds, but only gives 10 seconds to do the 10 rockets... with a 1 second CD on the rockets, this is impossible. is this being fixed soon?

Thanks
Reply Quote
72 Pandaren Priest
I am not aware of any bugs - having done this achievement on multiple toons this season. Perhaps it's lag?
Reply Quote
85 Gnome Warlock
nah. tried it twice. used a stopwatch. only gives 10 seconds then resets.
Reply Quote
Support Forum Agent
nah. tried it twice. used a stopwatch. only gives 10 seconds then resets.

I'm not aware of any issues with the achievement, Pythius. All testing indicates that it is currently working as intended (i.e. 10 rockets in 20 seconds).

You may want to try disabling any addons you have or resetting your UI to see if that helps. I'd also recommend going to a less populated area, that can help too.

http://us.blizzard.com/support/article/20377

If you continue to experience an issue, even after resetting your UI, you may want to post in the Bug Report forum so our QA department can look into it.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Hunter
Kinda funny a blue post responded not knowing I was just on with a gm and they told me its a known issue that the timer are off and are working at fixing it.....so which is it?
Very frustrating cause this is the only thing I have left and Ive blown quite a few tokens on it just to be told sorry we cant replace tokens and it took over a day just to be told this.
Edited by Aenis on 2/10/2011 6:40 PM PST
Reply Quote
72 Dwarf Shaman
One post was 21 hours ago. At that point in time, it indeed may not have been a 'known issue', where as 'just now', 21 hours later, it is.

Funny how that works.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Hunter
Funny how this is the most blown event this game has ever had. Been playing since the first ever release. Koodos that first time I ever had a major issue with one but still would like to finish it lol
Reply Quote
85 Undead Warrior
Syk
This achievement can be done. If you're having trouble, it's because you're doing it wrong. Go to a low-pop, low-intensity area, macro the rockets to a hotkey, and spam them as fast as you can.

TL;DR?

Go to a low-pop area
Macro rockets
?
Profit
Reply Quote
Support Forum Agent
02/10/2011 6:37 PMPosted by Aenis
Kinda funny a blue post responded not knowing I was just on with a gm and they told me its a known issue that the timer are off and are working at fixing it.....so which is it?

Actually, the response you received, Aenis, thanked you for taking the time to report this matter to us. It also stated that the achievement was under investigation. It did not state that this was a "known issue".

One recommendation would be to open up your achievement panel and track that particular achievement. Many people who fail in one attempt are not waiting long enough for the timer to reset.

We will continue to investigate these reports but thus far it does not appear that there is an issue with the achievement.

Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Warlock
I too, have tried to do this twice.
Both times have been in Orgrimmar around 12:30 AM and i know that I made it under 20 seconds both times because I timed it.

Is there any more news to report here?
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Mage
I completed this on my first try yesterday. I was in Undercity. I have also seen others get the achievement with no issues. It doesn't seem bugged from my perspective. Maybe you're jamming on the button?

I timed my button presses to coincide with the end of the cooldown instead of pressing indiscriminately. It worked great and I was in well before 20 seconds.
Reply Quote
85 Human Death Knight
Trying to do this sort of timed event in Orgrimmer or other crowded places is not the best way to go about it, try doing it out in the open away from other players, lag can and will mess this up.
Reply Quote
02/13/2011 2:21 AMPosted by Lau
Trying to do this sort of timed event in Orgrimmer or other crowded places is not the best way to go about it, try doing it out in the open away from other players, lag can and will mess this up.

Good advice, but some people still need a tl;dr.

tl;dr - Go to Shattrath.
Reply Quote
84 Night Elf Druid
Hi. I too had major trouble with this achievement. I just wanted to let people know that once i turned Carbonite off the timer acted normally. It was still close and i think a speed potion helped, but i was able to get it. I tried several times with Carbonite on and failed each time.
Hope this helps someone out there....
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Druid
I'm having the same issue with this achievement. And it happened also on the Lunar Festival, with the Red Rockets. I can go up to 8 rockets, and then the timer is reset, and so I fail in it.

Hope this bug got fixed so I can complete the event.
Reply Quote
64 Tauren Death Knight
02/16/2011 5:05 AMPosted by Wyldclaw
Hope this bug got fixed so I can complete the event.

If you'd read the above posts, you'd notice that they're stating that there is no bug.

Go somewhere with a low population.

Turn off your addons.

Profit.

Reply Quote
100 Human Warrior
i think my counter is glitched it always says 1/10.why not sure
any info on it would be nice.i opened a ticket on it and they said to go to forums.
Reply Quote
86 Goblin Warlock
i think my counter is glitched it always says 1/10.why not sure
any info on it would be nice.i opened a ticket on it and they said to go to forums.

There is no known issue at this time and the achievement is currently possible.

Have you disabled ALL your add-ons?
Reply Quote
100 Human Warrior
yes i did still reads on counter 1/10.and ive tried 20 times to do ach and never works.i did it on my lock.weird.also i reset ui.still reads 1/10.
Edited by Metaldemon on 2/16/2011 5:57 PM PST
Reply Quote
86 Goblin Warlock
02/16/2011 5:43 PMPosted by Metaldemon
yes i did still reads on counter 1/10.and ive tried 20 times to do ach and never works.i did it on my lock.weird.

Just ignore the counter most of the time that is simply a display issue.

If you do what is required then you will earn the achievement.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]