The rockets pink glare achievement bugged

100 Human Warrior
i did that 20 times still not working.its like its not counting.i told and showed others in my guild and they say glitched.god all i want is the damn ach.
Edited by Metaldemon on 2/16/2011 6:03 PM PST
Support Forum Agent
02/16/2011 5:43 PMPosted by Metaldemon
yes i did still reads on counter 1/10.and ive tried 20 times to do ach and never works.i did it on my lock.weird.also i reset ui.still reads 1/10.

That is strange, Metaldemon, the number in your Achievement progress bar likely has noeffect on completing the achievement if you do it properly but I'll poke around.

This is the character you are referring to? Can I get you to log out of the character for me? Please let me know when you have done so.

Edit: I need to step away so I'll return in an hour or so, I'll post again around 7:30 PST and if you can log out of your character I'll see what I can find.
Edited by Vrakthris on 2/16/2011 6:14 PM PST
100 Human Warrior
yes iam out of game now.
Support Forum Agent
02/16/2011 6:16 PMPosted by Metaldemon
yes iam out of game now.

Got it, go ahead and log back in. I'll let you know what I find as soon as I have news.
100 Human Warrior
k thanks for ur help vrak.
Support Forum Agent
Alright, we did a little testing on a copy of your character (which included the 1/10 on the achievement) and were able to use 10 rockets within 20 seconds and receive the achievement. The 1/10 seems to just a slight display issue but isn't negatively impacting you.

I'd recommend attempting it in a low population area. Make sure you have disabled your addons and you may want to consider turning down your graphics. That should reduce any latency you may be experiencing causing an issue for you completing this.

100 Human Warrior
k ty vrak.but its same comp same that i used on warlock it was in stormwind were i did it.k thanks for ur help.u guys rock.
80 Blood Elf Paladin
This achievement is most certainly bugged in populated areas. Had a friend set off 25 of the rotten things in rapid succession outside of Org with no achievement. And they don't use any addons.
90 Gnome Warlock
02/21/2011 9:07 PMPosted by Misfortune
This achievement is most certainly bugged in populated areas. Had a friend set off 25 of the rotten things in rapid succession outside of Org with no achievement. And they don't use any addons.

It isn't bugged, there are lag issues when you try to do it in a populated area. It has been like this since the beginning of the achievement. Also just because people do not use add ons doesn't mean that their UI is not corrupt.
Kinda funny a blue post responded not knowing I was just on with a gm and they told me its a known issue that the timer are off and are working at fixing it.....so which is it?
Very frustrating cause this is the only thing I have left and Ive blown quite a few tokens on it just to be told sorry we cant replace tokens and it took over a day just to be told this.

I get the feeling that the left hand doesn't know what the right hand is doing with WOW. I had a GM not know that they had fixed it so 82s couldn't queue for WOTLK Heroics like they were able to do since Cata came out.
Alright, we did a little testing on a copy of your character (which included the 1/10 on the achievement) and were able to use 10 rockets within 20 seconds and receive the achievement. The 1/10 seems to just a slight display issue but isn't negatively impacting you.

I'd recommend attempting it in a low population area. Make sure you have disabled your addons and you may want to consider turning down your graphics. That should reduce any latency you may be experiencing causing an issue for you completing this.

Here's a thought - since obviously this achievement is bugged for a lot of people thus resulting in a lot of wasted time and effort on everyone's part from grinding in the game to writing tickets to posting on forums to the GMs and Mods having to look into them and answer them, why not get rid of it? It's annoying when one lousy achievement keeps a player from getting the overall achievement because of some lousy technical issue. And plus, it's not like the achievement in any way is fun or requires any true skill to do.
90 Draenei Hunter
This acheivement is bugged. I put in 2 tickets and was told to watch the forums. Really? I have this on tracking. The number gets to 9 and then resets to 1 and says I have 8 seconds left. If I miss this acheivement and have to wait another year, I am not going to be a satisfied customer. Already spent 30 tokens on this. I am very disappointed in the response to this.
Support Forum Agent
We've received several reports about this and it is currently being looked into, Jadelion. I'm afraid I don't have any further information though. The Bug Report forum would probably be the best place to check for any updates.
90 Draenei Hunter
I figured a way around the timer problem, but Blizzard still needs to fix the problem. Next time buy 20 of the fireworks and just keep shooting them off till it gives you the acheivement. The timer caught the second time through. Don't stop after first 10 are shot, just keep going.
50 Tauren Druid
Next time buy 20 of the fireworks and just keep shooting them off till it gives you the acheivement. The timer caught the second time through. Don't stop after first 10 are shot, just keep going.

As pointed out last year.

The achievement is not actually bugged.

Add-ons that track your progress cause a conflict.

As you point out this achievement doesn't appear to be borken.
90 Night Elf Rogue
what do you mean by SPAM? how do i do that?
85 Tauren Druid
02/14/2013 02:57 PMPosted by Srduke
what do you mean by SPAM? how do i do that?

Drag and drop the firework on your action bar, and then hit that hot key repeatedly and quickly (i.e. spam the fireworks).
90 Night Elf Rogue
what is meant by SPAM and how do i do it?
90 Night Elf Rogue
i've spent 60 rockets trying everything suggested and i still cant do it. this is the last part of the achievement and i can't get it done. what is wrong?
85 Tauren Druid
02/14/2013 03:16 PMPosted by Srduke
i've spent 60 rockets trying everything suggested and i still cant do it. this is the last part of the achievement and i can't get it done. what is wrong?

Have you disabled all addons?

Are you in a low populated area?

How quickly are you setting off the rockets?
This topic has expired. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]