Thank You !

Hey just wanted to say thank you blizz for the improvements to acheaology. More Tol Vir sites and you make some decent coin while farming it. : ) thanks guys!
Edited by Nethaera on 2/10/2011 11:13 AM PST
Reply Quote
85 Human Paladin
My favourite was the lowered cooldown on Survey. Now if we could only get more digsites (6 per continent wouldn't be that OP, would it?) I'd probably be willing to do it more often.
Reply Quote
Community Manager
02/10/2011 9:46 AMPosted by Àsh
Hey just wanted to say thank you blizz for the improvements to acheaology. More Tol Vir sites and you make some decent coin while farming it. : ) thanks guys!

Great to hear that the change is helping. We'll continue keeping a close eye on things.
Reply Quote
85 Goblin Mage
02/10/2011 11:13 AMPosted by Nethaera

Great to hear that the change is helping. We'll continue keeping a close eye on things.

Please do.. and if you can, send me some luck.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Death Knight
idk if i should be happy to see a blue in an archeology thread, or really irritated that after months of uncertainty and hundreds of posts this is what gets responded to.

also, tried the changes out last night looking for the nerub sites in ek, couldn't find one... if anything i think i got even more fossil sites than before. managed one troll solve and hung the pickaxe back up.
Edited by Lehane on 2/10/2011 11:25 AM PST
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Warrior
It is truly heartening to finally see a blue post on Archaeology.

It is truly infuriating for said post to simply be acknowledging thanks and not touch on or enlighten us about any of the myriad problems with this profession, some arguably more important than the placement of Tol'Vir sites and the CD on Survey.

It is truly frustrating, but thank you regardless, I suppose. *Goes off to sulk*
Reply Quote
I'd like to see a few more Nerubian dig sites, myself. I know a few new ones were added, but a few more would be nice. That said, at least with the new Tol'vir digsites, you have a better chance of getting a Tol'vir digsite now. Now if only RNG were kind to me in Northrend and gave me nerubian digsites so I can finish my Blessing of the Old God in a timely fashion.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Druid
Thank you Blizz! Now if only you could wish me luck on Tyrande's Favorite Doll to drop for me.
I'm at about 200 Night Elf solves with no luck whatsoever T-T

I'll come down to Irvine from LA to give you a big hug if so <3
Reply Quote
13 Undead Rogue
I think that now everyone got hastend use of survey Dwarves need a faster cool down to make up for it. And I also would like one more chance to dig per site as someone else has said.
Reply Quote
85 Orc Death Knight
Yea thanks..

Thanks for making Troll sites even more rare by adding another race to eastern kingdoms.

Thanks for the lower cd on survey. Oh wait that didn't help me in anyway. Using Archy addon I can pin point fragments from a yellow survey over 90% of the time and never found myself waiting for a cd.

Thanks for throwing gold at me and thinking it would make everything ok now. I would pay to complete each artifact if it meant there would be an end to this horrible mindless grind against a bunch of RNGs.

More gold for artifacts also now gives you a reason to not disable dig sites from a race that has already been completed.

While you are keeping an eye on things. Keep an eye on the fact that I have completed 207 Troll artifacts with nothing to show for it and and no end in sight to this nightmare of a grind.

I have gained absolutely nothing from this profession except a false sense of hope and at the same time have lost my sanity.

Archeology is like putting fat kid on a treadmill and dangling a twinkie in front of him while telling him to keep running that he will eventually get it. This profession is just cruelty at the highest level.

Thanks for nothing.
Reply Quote
86 Dwarf Hunter
I tend to forget to post the positive stuff. So yes - thanks!

Archaeology could still use some work, (what couldn't?) but you've addressed some of the major issues, and I appreciate it.
Reply Quote
85 Goblin Mage
Archaeology could use a lot of work... less RNG and more reward for the effort put into it.

Sure you'll hear about the lucky guy who got the Dwarf staff in 25 solves... but more often than not you hear about the unlucky guy who didn't get it in 300 solves.

Reply Quote
85 Dwarf Hunter
Yea thanks..

Thanks for making Troll sites even more rare by adding another race to eastern kingdoms.

Thanks for the lower cd on survey. Oh wait that didn't help me in anyway. Using Archy addon I can pin point fragments from a yellow survey over 90% of the time and never found myself waiting for a cd.

Thanks for throwing gold at me and thinking it would make everything ok now. I would pay to complete each artifact if it meant there would be an end to this horrible mindless grind against a bunch of RNGs.

More gold for artifacts also now gives you a reason to not disable dig sites from a race that has already been completed.

While you are keeping an eye on things. Keep an eye on the fact that I have completed 207 Troll artifacts with nothing to show for it and and no end in sight to this nightmare of a grind.

I have gained absolutely nothing from this profession except a false sense of hope and at the same time have lost my sanity.

Archeology is like putting fat kid on a treadmill and dangling a twinkie in front of him while telling him to keep running that he will eventually get it. This profession is just cruelty at the highest level.

Thanks for nothing.

^ This

I tend to forget to post the positive stuff. So yes - thanks!

Archaeology could still use some work, (what couldn't?) but you've addressed some of the major issues, and I appreciate it.

It's not bad to post a positive thing, if there was any. Archeology is a cruel just, a torture to humanity and to every cell in the brain. The Devil him self couldn't get an idea like this.
Edited by Ironbullet on 2/10/2011 12:51 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Paladin
02/10/2011 11:20 AMPosted by Lehane
also, tried the changes out last night looking for the nerub sites in ek, couldn't find one

There are Nerubian digsites, they just don't spawn that frequently. I've found 3 so far (out of about 40). All so far were just SE of Stratholme. Hope they spawn for you if you need them.

It's nice to have a way to bypass Northrend Vyrkul digsites, but keep looking for Nerubian items, after you've solved everything the Vyrkul have to offer.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Death Knight
02/10/2011 1:11 PMPosted by Unjoiner
also, tried the changes out last night looking for the nerub sites in ek, couldn't find one

There are Nerubian digsites, they just don't spawn that frequently. I've found 3 so far (out of about 40). All so far were just SE of Stratholme. Hope they spawn for you if you need them.

It's nice to have a way to bypass Northrend Vyrkul digsites, but keep looking for Nerubian items, after you've solved everything the Vyrkul have to offer.

they are not a total waste for me like vyrkul or fossils, but just wanted to check the effect on troll sites. the mix i got was a ton of fossil, a few dwarf, and a couple troll. on a side note, i guess its nice to hear tol'vir sites have been increased... but since i'm still trapped in ek looking for troll sites its still meaningless to me.

i try not to feel directly insulted by the "changes" implemented, but i'm offended how superficial these "changes" are (can't call them fixes since no one admits anything is broken). i still want to know if blizzard feels there's any actual problems with this profession or not.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
02/10/2011 12:30 PMPosted by Kørupt

This ,

I like the less time on CD , not that i needed it that much , I dont like how less frequent troll dig sites i get now.
More troll digsites , or less fossil sites whould have been nice.
Reply Quote
85 Worgen Death Knight
I'll second the OP. 3 sec CD makes it soooo much better, plus the more frequent Tol'vir sights are very nice.
Reply Quote
85 Draenei Mage
What's this about more frequent Tolvir digsites? That was never mentioned in the patch notes.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]