Disc Smite/Heal Macro?

85 Night Elf Priest
Looking for a macro that casts smite on my targets target if they have one, and if not, will cast a heal on that target. Any ideas?
Reply Quote
62 Goblin Priest
/cast [target=targettarget,exists,harm,nodead] Smite; [target=target,exists,help,nodead] Heal

Seems weird to have though.
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Priest
Yes I have a macro for this that I love. I assume it will work for your purposes. If targeting a bad guy, it will Smite, if targeting a good guy, it will heal. Well you have to click it but yeah.

I don't know exactly what you're looking for though. Your initial post confused me.

#showtooltip
/use [harm] Smite; [help][target=player] Heal

@Above poster- It's really good for AA/Evangelism Priests or PvP...
Edited by Xelestial on 2/9/2011 3:48 PM PST
Reply Quote
62 Goblin Priest
@Above poster- It's really good for AA/Evangelism Priests or PvP...

The way the question was asked it sounds like OP wants a macro that smites his heal target, or heals his target if they have no target. Which would be silly, as your limiting your healing simply because your target is fighting someone.

It seems more useful to simply macro your Smite to target your target first, then targettarget aftwerwards, and just leave the heal out of the equation

/cast [target=target,exists,nodead,harm] [target=targettarget,exists,nodead,harm] Smite
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Priest
Yeah I'm confused too. I assumed it was for hostile targets to friendly.
Reply Quote
62 Goblin Priest
Indeed. Clarification would be nice.

/cough
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Priest
/cast [target=targettarget,exists,harm,nodead] Smite; [target=target,exists,help,nodead] Heal

That seems to be what I need.

I plan to use it for healing in raids and heroics during low damage phases, basically want it to make use of smite and heals mana efficiency without having to change targets to cast smite for atonement, and using heal if the target doesnt have a target to smite on.

Few problems i've thought of though...

-Is there any way to make it so the macro makes me cast heal on my target if the target that I was supposed to cast smite on is out of range?

And

-Would there be a way to make it cast heal if the person I have targeted is further than 15 yards away from the mob?
Edited by Nyctera on 2/9/2011 4:08 PM PST
Reply Quote
62 Goblin Priest

I plan to use it for healing in raids and heroics during low damage phases, basically want it to make use of smite and heals mana efficiency without having to change targets to cast smite for atonement, and using heal if the target doesnt have a target to smite on.

-Is there any way to make it so the macro makes me cast heal on my target if the target that I was supposed to cast smite on is out of range?

And

-Would there be a way to make it cast heal if the person I have targeted is further than 15 yards away from the mob?

Nope and nope. Range isn't a usuable variable when it comes to macros.

Even so, I wouldn't recommend using a macro like that, as it's heal component would get very, very little use, and would essentially be nothing more than a waste of your 255 characters (assuming you're not using an AddOn to manage macros). Instead, I would use two macros like so:

/cast [target=target,exists,nodead,harm] [target=targettarget,exists,nodead,harm] Smite

/cast [target=target,exists,nodead,help] [target=targettarget,exists,nodead,help] Heal /*or Flash Heal, or Greater heal, etc.*/

Essentially this splits up your original idea for a macro, adding more keybinds but more flexibility as well.
Edited by Skits on 2/9/2011 4:24 PM PST
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Priest
Sounds good, i'll give them a shot
Reply Quote
85 Undead Death Knight
maybe i can help clear this up. I have a Disc Priest and i mostly smite heal. When starting combat i shield my focus (tank), then holy fire his target (which heals some on whoever is the lowest), then archangle (to increase haste and mana), smite (on tank target heal lowest again). From there it depends on the type of fight. So i believe he is looking for a macro that will do that order to that target. If not, I am. lol!!

thanks guys
Reply Quote
85 Undead Priest

I used something like this when I was mindlessly leveling up in dungeons. It works for the most part because some tanks are so slow when changing targets and when you're not paying attention they can die. The heal part is there for those derp moments when they have no hostile target to smite.

You pretty much do this, have a macro for shield/penance to the tank, then press PoH for any raid damage and cruise your way through the dungeon.

I stopped using it at 85 now though because Heal got bad. You can replace it with Greater Heal tho, I guess.
Edited by Cryptia on 8/7/2011 7:03 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest

And

Nope and nope. Range isn't a usuable variable when it comes to macros.

Even so, I wouldn't recommend using a macro like that, as it's heal component would get very, very little use, and would essentially be nothing more than a waste of your 255 characters (assuming you're not using an AddOn to manage macros). Instead, I would use two macros like so:

/cast [target=target,exists,nodead,help] [target=targettarget,exists,nodead,help] Heal /*or Flash Heal, or Greater heal, etc.*/

Essentially this splits up your original idea for a macro, adding more keybinds but more flexibility as well.

Technically, range is usable, but it isn't useable as a /cast conditional. You CAN use range for a chat macro (/say or /whisper for example) A good example of this is a macro that whispers whoever you cast Power Infusion on, but cuts down on spam by attempting to check if PI is castable before sending the tell, such as the following:

/script local u,pi="target","Power Infusion";if IsSpellInRange(pi,u)==1 and GetSpellCooldown(pi)==0 then SendChatMessage("You just got "..GetSpellLink(pi).."!","WHISPER",nil,UnitName(u)) end
/cast Power Infusion

I know this is almost completely tangential, I just wanted to bring it up in case someone manages to find the range conditional, in order to help them before they try in vain to get it to work.
Edited by Sotanaht on 8/7/2011 8:23 PM PDT
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]