PVP Unholy DK Stat Priority 4.0.6

85 Human Death Knight
Anyone have any ideas?

I just found out about the change to the unholy mastery...where does that fall in now? I can't seem to find any up-to-date guides, but I have a feeling mastery have moved up a few notches.
Reply Quote
85 Human Death Knight
Stat priority is the same for DK's as it has always been. Hit cap > spell pen cap > Res/Strength > Haste > Mastery
Reply Quote
85 Human Paladin
Mastery>Haste
Reply Quote
80 Night Elf Druid
02/10/2011 7:04 PMPosted by Valkior
Mastery>Haste

Haste is still better than mastery. With Death's Advance, you don't need resil gems anymore, so stack strength.
Reply Quote
85 Troll Death Knight
DERP WITH DEATHS ADVANCE WHY WOULD U STACK HASTE TO MAKE DEATHS ADVANCE RUN OUT FASTER??

Doesn't work that way, derp.
Reply Quote
85 Worgen Death Knight
pretty much the same i just now dont reforge mastery -> haste so i get some mastery, however still reforge crit -> haste.
Reply Quote
85 Human Death Knight
Wondering how stacking mastery would work. Has Anyone Really tried it? I am a firm Follower of the Haste, but i can see where the mastery would be beneficial. I can't tell you for sure, all i can say is ill give it a go to see how it works and come back to make another post. The Acid Test never fails.
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Death Knight
02/13/2011 4:25 PMPosted by Painnagony
Wondering how stacking mastery would work

Haste is still better some DKs already tried
Reply Quote
85 Draenei Death Knight
I just tested Mastery vs Haste w/ reforging gear difference was approx 4% haste - 7% bonus Shadow dmg. w/ Rivendare spec was w/ haste 10k dps & w/ mastery 10.5k .... without Rivendare spec w/ haste 9.5k dps & w/ mastery 10k...

For each I did my best rotation on Highlord Nemisis Trainor for 10min. in PvP gear...Not sure how this will translate in Arenas but I found it interesting none the least. I would appreciate any and all relevant feedback. Thanks
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Death Knight
I just put together an unholy spec as I grew tired of Frost, and I have my mastery at 14.5 and I have noticed a huge difference from where it was prior to 4.0.6. It feels better and I dont feel I need to spec down to get improved oblit. SS is now hitting like a truck again.
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Death Knight
Haste haste haste! You not only gain damage in the long run but you also gain utility. Mastery only affects the SHADOW portion of SS, blood plague, death coil and that's about it. Most of your pressure is going to come from stacking NS anyways.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Death Knight
02/10/2011 6:03 PMPosted by Canthithigh
Stat priority is the same for DK's as it has always been. Hit cap > spell pen cap > Res/Strength > Haste > Mastery

Is this the same for both Frost and UH? I am a freshly ding'd DK myself.
Reply Quote
85 Human Death Knight
02/28/2011 10:48 AMPosted by Metroman

Dual Wield
Strength > Hit to cap >= Expertise to cap > Mastery > Crit > Haste > Agility
Two Hand
Strength > Hit to cap >= Expertise to cap > Haste > Mastery > Crit > Agility
Reply Quote
02/28/2011 10:53 AMPosted by Windmeal

Dual Wield
Strength > Hit to cap >= Expertise to cap > Mastery > Crit > Haste > Agility
Two Hand
Strength > Hit to cap >= Expertise to cap > Haste > Mastery > Crit > Agility

Gotcha. Dumb question but what percent is expertise cap these days?
Reply Quote
PvP stat priority is this:

Spell Pen = 195

Hit = 600

Gemming= either gem pure str after you cover spell pen OR gem 20 str 20 res in red sockets 40 res in yellow sockets.

Reforging= reforge everything to haste.

You do not care about crit, or expertise, or mastery. You should still reforge mastery to haste.

The only thing that changed is that given the choice between a mastery peice and a crit piece, you now choose mastery. And then you still reforge that to haste.
Reply Quote
85 Human Death Knight
Still Haste as Usual. Did find a seemingly good balance of a little mastery and haste and ever since havent had a hard time with anything but for all those that cant find anything . Haste is better than mastery.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Priest
Unholy runes should never be up, as you should be blasting necrotic every time it's up.
Reply Quote
02/13/2012 07:01 PMPosted by Demindri
Unholy runes should never be up, as you should be blasting necrotic every time it's up.

Almost a year necro :(
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]