Not so random, random dungeons.

100 Blood Elf Rogue
I am wondering if this dungeon finder tool is actually worthwhile. Don't get me wrong the system is great if it actually did what it is suppose to do. I am geared with at least the minimum requirements of any/all of the normal dungeons, yet when I queue I get stuck in 1 of 2 dungeons.... every time.

Of the last 15 times I have queued in a normal random dungeon 11 of 15 of these times I have been entered in the Lost city of the Tolvir... the other 4 times? Halls of Origination... every time. So what I am asking is how is this system random because by my observations, its not.

Secondly, the wait times are ridiculous. I wait 20-30 minutes for a dungeon just to get in there and either have A) half the party leave or B) the "tank" queued as tank/dps but is specc'ed DPS and has no clue how to tank or keep aggro. Thus wiping the group several times... causing some to leave and then we are forced back into the long queue.

Third, when in the event you do leave a dungeon you get a time out de-buff. (Which is fine) However, this should not effect joining battlegrounds. These two entities earn different loot, have different requirements, and leaving a dungeon should not bar you from entering a bg.

I don't usually complain, but this has really been getting annoying since I have gotten to 85. I want to play all parts of this game, not just the 2 dungeons you seem to pick for me everyday.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
I am wondering if this dungeon finder tool is actually worthwhile. Don't get me wrong the system is great if it actually did what it is suppose to do. I am geared with at least the minimum requirements of any/all of the normal dungeons, yet when I queue I get stuck in 1 of 2 dungeons.... every time.

Of the last 15 times I have queued in a normal random dungeon 11 of 15 of these times I have been entered in the Lost city of the Tolvir... the other 4 times? Halls of Origination... every time. So what I am asking is how is this system random because by my observations, its not.

Secondly, the wait times are ridiculous. I wait 20-30 minutes for a dungeon just to get in there and either have A) half the party leave or B) the "tank" queued as tank/dps but is specc'ed DPS and has no clue how to tank or keep aggro. Thus wiping the group several times... causing some to leave and then we are forced back into the long queue.

Third, when in the event you do leave a dungeon you get a time out de-buff. (Which is fine) However, this should not effect joining battlegrounds. These two entities earn different loot, have different requirements, and leaving a dungeon should not bar you from entering a bg.

I don't usually complain, but this has really been getting annoying since I have gotten to 85. I want to play all parts of this game, not just the 2 dungeons you seem to pick for me everyday.

Damn I wish I would get those once in a while,
all i get is grim batol , sfk and deadmines... no ret gear the snag off there :(
Reply Quote
85 Dwarf Shaman
I believe normal dungeons are picked differently with the random dungeon finder than heroics. There are only three level 85 instances: Lost City of the Tol'vir, Halls of Origination, and Grim Batol. Those 3 dungeons give you Justice Points on each boss kill and drop ilevel 333 loot. The other dungeons: Vortex Pinnacle and Stonecore are not level 85 instances so you won't get Justice Points off each boss kill and they drop loot below ilevel 333. The random dungeon finder will not place you in normal Blackrock Caverns and Throne of the Tides because they are level 80 to 83 instances.

When you are able to do heroics, you'll get a wider range of dungeons for the LFD tool to place you in. Everyday I've gotten a different dungeon this week.

But also random is random. You could get Lost City of the Tol'vir everyday and its still random.
Reply Quote
62 Dwarf Rogue
You picked random, but others probably did not. If you have 4 people that picked random, and 1 guy that specifically queued for Halls of Origination... guess where you are going.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Warrior
02/11/2011 8:51 AMPosted by Psilent
But also random is random. You could get Lost City of the Tol'vir everyday and its still random.

Thank-you.

I hate people who inject human conceptions of randomness into the idea of "random". Just because you roll a fair die 1100 times doesn't mean that everytime it won't be 4. It's exceedingly unlikely, but it can still happen, and is still random.
Reply Quote
86 Human Hunter
Tell that to those stuck in the 40's where five dungeons are in the yellow for runs. You only get either DM-Captial Gardens (which is what I get most of the time) or RFD.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]