Incoming Hotfixes

(Locked)

85 Blood Elf Hunter
02/11/2011 5:25 PMPosted by Federica
Shadow Power (Shadow priest mastery) is being changed from 25% to 15% of Shadow damage.

Well that certainly didn't take long at all.

masters call already recived a huge nerf
85 Worgen Druid
Are you deliberately nerfing moonkins (and spriests, but I can't talk about them as much) in a way that will simply increase their problems instead of fixing them?

You buffed our mastery in 4.06. This was a bad idea. The damage gap between having Eclipse up and down is a significant issue for us, and you increased that gap. Then when those buffs became an issue, your solution is to nerf all of our damage by a static percent?

You're also ignoring the fact that DI is causing significant gaps in DPS. If you can't balance spriests and moonkins around DI, then nerf DI - leave the personal benefit to the warlock alone but take away the stacking buff to the target. 3% free haste will be a nice, small benefit that won't cause nearly as many issues.

Finally, please realize that you're nerfing two dots classes largely around their damage on multi-target fights. There are a lot of these in the current tier. But why you're ignoring the core issue (dots) and instead simply nerfing all damage is beyond me. With this nerf the gap between a single-target and multi-target fight will simply persist, if the damage is that big of an issue for you then you should nerf us in a way that will narrow it. I don't want to get to t12 and be struggling on single-target fights because you decide to put a lot of them into the raids.

These nerfs are going to put moonkin damage behind pre-4.06 levels. If our damage was OP then, why did you buff us in 4.06? Why are you nerfing us in a way that simply disregards logic, fight mechanics and the realities of raiding? I don't mind being nerfed if it's necessary - I was expecting it when I saw the 4.06 notes. But for god's sake, if you're going to nerf us then at least do it intelligently.
85 Dwarf Hunter
So you nerfed Master's Call before we ever got the buff. Now you are nerfing Aimed Shot before you ever change the cast time. Please explain.
100 Human Warrior
Blizzard, is there any particular reason why you chose to gut the base damage of raging blow, rather than give Fury's mastery the Frost Mage treatment?

Right now Raging Blow hits for 120% damage, modified by WA and Mastery. So at base 8% mastery, Raging Blow hits for ~200% weapon damage.

Nerfing RB to 100% base damage effectively brings that down to ~165% weapon damage.

If you instead nerf mastery so that you start with 2 base mastery instead of 8, this nerfs Raging Blow's base damage down to ~155% weapon damage, and also reduces Enrage/Deathwish some, giving you the PVE nerf you're looking for. But nerfing this way leaves our gear scaling in tact, so that we are not forced to go back to stacking hit to hard cap, which this RB nerf will likely lead to.
90 Worgen Druid
Moonfury is not a Druid's mastery either - Total Eclipse is our mastery. A 9% nerf of Moonfury means a flat 9% nerf to our dps - holy crap.
85 Draenei Shaman
Wow since we are getting answers Bashiok and you have been closely monitoring performance since the patch Any word about how Blizzard as a whole feel about where the shamans are in 10 mans verse 25 mans.
85 Night Elf Hunter
02/11/2011 5:02 PMPosted by Bashiok
We are also looking at nerfing Aimed Shot, but compensating hunters through Aspect of the Hawk

When I read this, like Verne on Over the Hedge when he senses something's wrong, my tail began to tingle. Oh wait, I don't got a tail!

I need a hug.
Edited by Jägier on 2/11/2011 6:22 PM PST
100 Blood Elf Priest
02/11/2011 5:02 PMPosted by Bashiok
Shadow Power (Shadow priest passive) is being changed from 25% to 15% of Shadow damage.

I knew we were too high, but a 10% dps nerf when other classes are actually competitive with shadow (that you haven't hotfixed either) is a bit overboard unless you're going to be hitting the likes of hunters (again) and fire mages.
- Technical Support
100 Human Warrior
i don't think reducing mana cost is solution arcane mages. the problem with them is arcane missles do such low damage they arent worth using over barrage, which is what causes the mana issues in first place, since missles was designed as arcanes original mana solution, free spellcost procs that clear arcane blast stacks, now, arcane mages don't even put this spell on their bar, instead dumb stacks iwth barrage from time to time. missles are so weak you could probably do comparable dps wanding the boss.
86 Worgen Druid
02/11/2011 5:58 PMPosted by Lithypiper
Ouch, boomkins got nerfed another 2% down to 6% since you first posted these notes.

Actually, that is odd. Is it nerfed to 8% or 6%?
85 Orc Hunter
So there's no news about the unnecessary Survival nerf? Come on, seriously?
85 Undead Hunter
02/11/2011 6:00 PMPosted by Laelix
LOLOLOL BREAK HUNTERS MORE PLZ I'M STILL NOT ENOUGH OF AN UNDERDOG IN ARENAS

QFT. Time for us to re-roll another class, Blizzard just obviously can't get hunters right.
85 Blood Elf Hunter
how about looking into how much the new dispel machanic on masters call effects hunter pvp

after all we are the only ranged dps that cant dps to save our life in melee range

and on anouther note, it says its dispellable, if a mage can spealsteal it as well thats going WAY to far, making it a liability to use vs a mage instead of a benefit

hjave you seen how many forums have come up on the dispell mechanic being added to the MC?, its all i saw 1st page of 'hunter' search and none of them were the same forum
Edited by Alfavhunter on 2/11/2011 6:09 PM PST
85 Night Elf Hunter
Can we please get specifics about the Aimed nerf and the Hawk buff? I'm one of the few Hunters that actually is sick of casting Aimeds in a PvE rotation...
Community Manager
02/11/2011 6:05 PMPosted by Shanic
Ouch, boomkins got nerfed another 2% down to 6% since you first posted these notes.

Actually, that is odd. Is it nerfed to 8% or 6%?

It's 6%. The original post was written with old information. Sorry about that.
85 Orc Hunter
02/11/2011 6:05 PMPosted by Immortael
QFT. Time for us to re-roll another class, Blizzard just obviously can't get hunters right.

Sadly, after playing hunter since just after release, I am actually considering it. After the whole "steady/cobra scaling with haste" thing, followed by survival's overnerf and blizzard's seeming to ignore the pleas of everyone that plays the class, and now nerfing aimed shot and "compensating" us with aspect of the hawk is seriously making me doubt that anyone at blizzard has ever played a hunter before. We know Zarhym's rolling a warlock, so we should pressure Bashiok into playing a hunter.
86 Worgen Druid
02/11/2011 6:08 PMPosted by Bashiok
It's 6%. The original post was written with old information. Sorry about that.

No problem, thank you for clarifying. :)
Edited by Shanic on 2/11/2011 6:11 PM PST
85 Blood Elf Hunter
02/11/2011 6:09 PMPosted by Prifdinnas

Sadly, after playing hunter since just after release, I am actually considering it. After the whole "steady/cobra scaling with haste" thing, followed by survival's overnerf and blizzard's seeming to ignore the pleas of everyone that plays the class, and now nerfing aimed shot and "compensating" us with aspect of the hawk is seriously making me doubt that anyone at blizzard has ever played a hunter before. We know Zarhym's rolling a warlock, so we should pressure Bashiok into playing a hunter.

it would be nice if they could finally get rid of the extra .5 second cast time that cobr/steady/ and aimed shot have
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]