Incoming Hotfixes

(Locked)

85 Blood Elf Priest
There are some admittedly ridiculous damage parses that show shadow priests doing massive damage (to bosses, rather than giant enemy crabs). While Mind Blast is probably hitting too hard, the real issue is that we synergize too well with warlocks' Dark Intent, resulting in those extraordinary parses. When we don't have access to a warlock, our DPS is more ordinary.

We do need to have one of our spells tuned down; it's the price we pay for being able to heal at all...but this change is befuddling.

Konoka, I agree Shadow Priests benefit greatly not only from Dark Intent, but from Bloodlust and Time Warp as well.

If Shadow Priests gain more benefit from those abilities over other classes, then indeed, changes should be made. I don't necessarily agree with how Blizzard is making that change. However, if the change is due solely based on class ability synergism, then that is an unbalanced change.

Further, if Shadow Priests are producing more DPS overall compared to other classes when the above mentioned abilities are not a factor, then the proposed change begins to make sense.

On a side note, yes Blizzard gets a hug from me. Who doesn't like a hug now and then? =)

/hug
85 Orc Warrior
Warrior dps is too high for PvE? Seriously? Where exactly do you get your test data for that information? Our sustained damage has been sub par at best since cataclysm has came out, and only through 4.0.6 have we become competitive. My reasons why this nerf is unjustified:

1) http://www.simulationcraft.org/Raid_T11_372_406.html
2) www.stateofdps.com
3) The fact out of 260 records, warrior dps holds only 1 of them on worldoflogs.com

I'd really appreciate a blue post discussing this, as I really fail to see how we are doing 'too high dps'. We're above average after the patch, and as a dps with ZERO utility, I think that's fair. This nerf will put us back at mediocre, which will again bring up the age old problem with warrior dps. If we are out damaged by several classes, we have zero utility as a class, and we have threat issues, why in the world would be brought into a raid over another player of equal play skill with a higher damage potential class or with more utility?
Edited by Tyrantangel on 2/12/2011 11:52 AM PST
90 Dwarf Priest
02/11/2011 6:51 PMPosted by Bashiok
We think we overnerfed Balance. Some smart players have pointed out that Balance’s dps was inflated by a bug with Starfall that we have since fixed. With that in mind, we are changing the Moonfury nerf from 15% to 10% instead of 6%. This will be hotfixed soon™.

Dude... seriously.... hotfixing nerfs only takes a few hours, but buffing back a mistake will be done "soon"? You broke it. Fix it.
90 Pandaren Priest
So, question:

If you're worried about Burst potential in PvP from a DoT class... why are you nerfing DoTs AND our lackluster "nukes"?

Saying what everyone else has said, I'll go ahead and condense my rant:

-Nerf DI, not the Spriest.
-This "hotfix" nerf 4 days after the patch looks amateurish and makes me think that the Devs aren't putting enough time into testing and instead just using Live to test.
- If you're worried about our burst potential in PvP, why not try nerfing Mind Spike? Especially considering the MSpikex3 - Instacrit MB rotation definitely can be devastating.
-A blanket nerf to damage because of an external buff and worries about burst in PvP are just unfounded and only serve to enrage players who enjoy playing their class/game, especially after you just got done buffing them enough to make them feel less useless.

Double-check your napkin math before jumping to conclusions, please Blizzard.
90 Human Warrior
Yay more nerfs from blizzard without explaining the reasons. It feels like the problem was DI but recoding DI would take more work than just nerfing the 2 classes that got the most benefits from it. If that true then makes me more interested in taking my money somewhere else. I thought it seemed strange that fury and prot both didnt get nerfed in a patch, guess we need to watch for hot fixes more now, cant have warriors have no mobility in pvp and be able to kill something right?

Fix heroic leap, why is it that nerfing things always come before fixing things. I wish i could use heroic leap on any surface that isn't flat. Thanks for the worthless lvl 85 move. I love how even on some flat surfaces where I can charge a group of enemies i cant heroic leap them, happens a lot in grim batol.

Fix it. Fix things. Less nerfs.
85 Human Priest
Konoka, I agree Shadow Priests benefit greatly not only from Dark Intent, but from Bloodlust and Time Warp as well.

If Shadow Priests gain more benefit from those abilities over other classes, then indeed, changes should be made. I don't necessarily agree with how Blizzard is making that change. However, if the change is due solely based on class ability synergism, then that is an unbalanced change.

Further, if Shadow Priests are producing more DPS overall compared to other classes when the above mentioned abilities are not a factor, then the proposed change begins to make sense.

On a side note, yes Blizzard gets a hug from me. Who doesn't like a hug now and then? =)

/hug
I think the issue is that Shadow Priests do get a disproportionate benefit from Dark Intent. Because it only procs off of periodic critical strikes or heals, and because it does not stack for warlocks casting it on other warlocks, the two logical choices for this buff are Resto Druids and Shadow Priests.

I'm hardly a top-end player, but this is merely what I have observed, and it seems in-line with what we've seen from WoL parses. We certainly do need to have something tuned down, but a flat 6-8% nerf seems a bit extreme.

I can't honestly speak for Heroism/Time Warp; I'm usually too busy hammering my Mind Flay key to pay attention. :)
85 Dwarf Hunter
02/11/2011 5:02 PMPosted by Bashiok
We are also looking at nerfing Aimed Shot

WHAT?
85 Human Paladin

02/11/2011 7:03 PMPosted by Boolo
We think we overnerfed Balance. Some smart players have pointed out that Balance’s dps was inflated by a bug with Starfall that we have since fixed. With that in mind, we are changing the Moonfury nerf from 15% to 10% instead of 6%. This will be hotfixed soon™.

I don't understand this. How could you the developers not think about the bug you just fixed when setting a classes dps? After a change like that it's pretty obvious they aren't thinking about the PvP ramifications to the already weak Moonkin damage out of eclipse.

Only conclusion I can come to is, they are not testing properly. Either way you say some smart players pointed this out yet you did not follow the advice completely. It is Eclipse that is the problem, not the base dps. Moonkin has always had a bad base dps unless you are in a long boss fight. In turn pvp and any fast fights Moonkin suffers greatly.
90 Night Elf Druid
Healing touch really??? You had to take that away from us now? Grrr.
85 Dwarf Priest
Hmmm... nerfing shadow priests and hunters... again. I... yeah I can't say anything right now. Except this: WTF.
85 Dwarf Hunter
Are you guys done trying to kill the hunter class?

3 nerfs in a row....

Seriously, did masters call need to be nerfed again by adding ten seconds? We still suck in pvp so its effect would be marginal to aide in our survival, but there is plenty of times in PVE where it is needed, such as heroic VP.

and what's with the blatant catering to the paladin class. Oh no, one certain pet that most hunter's do not use could hit a paladin. God forbid they actually have a weakness from the hunter class with the bubble on.

What is it, with this adversity towards having hunters being near or at the top in PVE dps, or having viable options for pvp??
90 Tauren Warrior
Grand...

and remember kids DKs and Mages are fine...

No byassed stuff going on there. amiright.
Edited by Theblackbull on 2/12/2011 12:04 PM PST
85 Goblin Priest
Topping the meters for the first time in two years was fun while it lasted (allbeit two days).

Now things are back to normal:

A 5x more complicated rotation than any other DPS only to touch par.

I hope you're going to buff Mind Sear again to rectify your mistakes, as it was still pulling turd DPS post your supposed "buff".
Community Manager
The hotfixes are live as per the official hotfix blog. http://us.battle.net/wow/en/blog/2259389#blog

If you want to discuss the specific changes I recommend visiting your class role forums:

DPS - http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/1033924/
Heals - http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/1033925/
Tanks - http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/1033926/
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]