Incoming Hotfixes

(Locked)

90 Tauren Druid
02/11/2011 5:43 PMPosted by Bashiok

Shadow Power is not our mastery. I assume you mean orbs.

Yeah, oops. Mastery = Spec passive. :P Updated OP to make sense.

Moonfury is also not the balance druid mastery, but rather its specialization.

• Moonfury (Balance druid mastery) is being changed from 15% to 8% Arcane and Nature damage.

• In all three cases we’ve been closely monitoring performance since the patch and all 3 specs are currently doing too much damage in PvE.

Its WAY too soon, in my opinion, to make this judgment, especially after this first week. Bugged Starfall hitting twice as many times as it was supposed to is EASILY accounting for these damage spikes that are being observed. For a clear judgment, it needs to be viewed once Starfall is actually fixed and working properly.

Granted, I don't have access to the great aggregate that you do, so there might be compelling data to prove that side as well. However, even a once over of the top druid forums will tell the tale of ridiculous Starfall damage and its impact on overall dps. My own raids this week pre 4.06(a) bore that out as well.

I agree, basically every fight allows starfall to hit more than one target and during the bug duration, allowed for a lot of the excess stars that weren't supposed to be hitting. You could easily tell if you waited to use starfall in a fight, popped it once, and watched your DPS go up by 4000.

Sure, maybe they've been monitoring all the Friday night raids and the thousands of moonkins that were using unbugged Starfall and found their damage still to be too high, but it seems more likely that this is a premature decision.
    90 Blood Elf Paladin

Actually, that is odd. Is it nerfed to 8% or 6%?

It's 6%. The original post was written with old information. Sorry about that.

Also, Moonfury is not the Balance Mastery either, Bashiok!

My only thing on the shadow orbs. Is that I would like to see your guys math behind it as to the 10% knock off on it and how you came to that conclusion. Mastery was just finally starting to look good for us again instead of me reforging away from it whenever I could. I understand that might be a hard thing to ask, but I really don't want mastery to turn into something I avoid again.

Your mastery isn't being touched; that was a typo.
    Edited by Simcá on 2/11/2011 6:42 PM PST
    1 Undead Priest
    We’re in the process of planning for a number of hotfixes that are intended to be implemented within the next day or two. To help give some heads up notice we’re currently looking to make the following changes:

• Shadow Power (Shadow priest passive) is being changed from 25% to 15% of Shadow damage.

• Moonfury (Balance druid mastery) is being changed from 15% to 6% Arcane and Nature damage.

• Raging Blow reduced from 120% to 100% weapon damage at max level.

• In all three cases we’ve been closely monitoring performance since the patch and all 3 specs are currently doing too much damage in PvE. In the case of Shadow and Fury we were also worried about their PvP burst potential, but didn’t want to risk affecting them in PvE. Now that we have concluded they are too high in PvE, both aspects of the game should feel more balanced.

We are also looking at nerfing Aimed Shot, but compensating hunters through Aspect of the Hawk. We are also likely to lower Arcane mage mana cost in some way, which will in turn buff their dps. These don’t have those specifics just yet, but do keep an eye on the 4.0.6 hotfix blog for these and other changes as they come through.

<a href="http://us.battle.net/wow/en/blog/2259389#blog">http://us.battle.net/wow/en/blog/2259389#blog</a> (the blog does not currently account for these intended hotfixes as they have not yet been applied)

How does blizzard feel on the state of shamans? I feel I speak for the whole community of shamans a simple statement on how you view us would help a lot of us.
    85 Blood Elf Warrior
    I wonder where Blizzard gets their PvE DPS information, because in my personal experience and all the parsing I've seen shows Fury Warriors being fairly mediocre even post 4.0.6.
    85 Worgen Warrior
    Finally other warriors are coming out of the wood works.

Yes, pvp burst, or burst in general(*coughCScough*) is high, but overall we're middle of the pack to bottom half. What is going to be done to compensate for the lost damage? Increase our mastery coefficient again? What is going to happen when mastery gives 40% per point and warriors stack that to absurd amounts just so we can do competitive damage? Are you going to nerf mastery and increase all our abilities again and start the cycle over?

Yanking our chains like this is irritating, by removing effectiveness of one ability requires the rest to be increased to compensate which causes burst/PvP QQ because we suddenly hit harder. Should have been expected.
    23 Undead Warlock
    Can we stop balancing around DI yet?
    72 Night Elf Warrior
    Finally other warriors are coming out of the wood works.

Yes, pvp burst, or burst in general(*coughCScough*) is high, but overall we're middle of the pack to bottom half. What is going to be done to compensate for the lost damage? Increase our mastery coefficient again? What is going to happen when mastery gives 40% per point and warriors stack that to absurd amounts just so we can do competitive damage? Are you going to nerf mastery and increase all our abilities again and start the cycle over?

Yanking our chains like this is irritating, by removing effectiveness of one ability requires the rest to be increased to compensate which causes burst/PvP QQ because we suddenly hit harder. Should have been expected.

The other solution of course (Blizzard won't do it but) is to IGNORE THE PVP QQ! The game is PvE-centric (admitted by Blizzard). Stop screwing up my PvE because people are bad at PvP. A good PvPer can perform at least reasonably well irregardless of the "class of the month"
    70 Undead Warrior
    02/11/2011 6:34 PMPosted by Randomsmo
    Only this time Warlocks are buffing us, and yet is is us who is still getting nerfed... A little consistency would be nice!

Seems consistent to me:
    Spriests are buffing warlocks too much - nerf spriest!
    Warlocks are buffing spriests too much - nerf spriest!

Yes because we NEVER get nerfed.
    85 Blood Elf Priest
    So...buff shadow priest, keep it buffed for like 1-2 months on PTR, then once it goes live, "Uh oh, we buffed it too much! *Nerfbat*!" ?

Thanks, Blizz.

That's how blizz works

thx blizz
    85 Goblin Hunter
    02/11/2011 5:02 PMPosted by Bashiok
    We are also looking at nerfing Aimed Shot, but compensating hunters through Aspect of the Hawk.

Can you give more details on this? You give @##*ty hints like this pretty often and don't explain what you mean, "we're gonna make haste effect cobra/steady shot DERP".
    85 Blood Elf Warlock
    02/11/2011 5:58 PMPosted by Naiteru
  • Shadow Power (Shadow priest passive) is being changed from 25% to 15% of Shadow damage.

• When you made this decision, did you take into account the fact that Shadow Priest DPS is vastly inflated by Dark Intent on the PvE side of things?

I'm sorry but you're kind of implying that anyone I put my DI on is "vastly inflated" by it.

Yeah, I'm pretty sure Blizz took it into account.
    90 Orc Hunter
    02/11/2011 5:02 PMPosted by Bashiok
    We are also looking at nerfing Aimed Shot, but compensating hunters through Aspect of the Hawk.

So you noticed that a lot of hunters went Marksman and dropped arcane shot out of their rotation? Can we atleast get Survival damage to be viable(within 1k of Marksman) again. I do not buy this whole "it was doing too much damage" and then you buff Marksman to do more than what unnerfed Survival was pulling.

If anything the issue with Survival to begin with is that Explosive Shot does not scale off of weapon damage. Fix it at the source. These % nerfs just hide the real problem.
    Edited by Ovan on 2/11/2011 6:55 PM PST
    85 Worgen Hunter
    We’re in the process of planning for a number of hotfixes that are intended to be implemented within the next day or two. To help give some heads up notice we’re currently looking to make the following changes:

• Moonfury (Balance druid mastery) is being changed from 15% to 6% Arcane and Nature damage.

• Raging Blow reduced from 120% to 100% weapon damage at max level.

• In all three cases we’ve been closely monitoring performance since the patch and all 3 specs are currently doing too much damage in PvE. In the case of Shadow and Fury we were also worried about their PvP burst potential, but didn’t want to risk affecting them in PvE. Now that we have concluded they are too high in PvE, both aspects of the game should feel more balanced.

We are also looking at nerfing Aimed Shot, but compensating hunters through Aspect of the Hawk. We are also likely to lower Arcane mage mana cost in some way, which will in turn buff their dps. These don’t have those specifics just yet, but do keep an eye on the 4.0.6 hotfix blog for these and other changes as they come through.

<a href="http://us.battle.net/wow/en/blog/2259389#blog">http://us.battle.net/wow/en/blog/2259389#blog</a> (the blog does not currently account for these intended hotfixes as they have not yet been applied)

Buffing through Hawk is NOT a viable solution for PVP. Do you not actually read the representation numbers for hunter in Arena? This coupled with Master's call nerf just elucidate the fact that you are all ignorant.
    85 Troll Shaman
    So...buff shadow priest, keep it buffed for like 1-2 months on PTR, then once it goes live, "Uh oh, we buffed it too much! *Nerfbat*!" ?

Thanks, Blizz.

That's how blizz works

thx blizz

Problem with the PTR is it is for the most part kids making premades to try new classes and have no fundamental understand of any class or how it works, they get little if any feedback on changes properly.

I'm still lobbying for Elemental to get buffs but I'll hold my tongue anything final until I get my 4p and new trinkets.
    Community Manager
    We think we overnerfed Balance. Some smart players have pointed out that Balance’s dps was inflated by a bug with Starfall that we have since fixed. With that in mind, we are changing the Moonfury nerf from 15% to 10% instead of 6%. This will be hotfixed soon™.
    85 Goblin Warlock
    Bashiok, are you guys working on the sound errors?
    85 Blood Elf Priest
    02/11/2011 6:51 PMPosted by Bashiok
    We think we overnerfed Balance. Some smart players have pointed out that Balance’s dps was inflated by a bug with Starfall that we have since fixed. With that in mind, we are changing the Moonfury nerf from 15% to 10% instead of 6%. This will be hotfixed soon™.

are you serious?
    85 Tauren Warrior
    You forgot to list the part where you were going to fix warriors and give me my Exalted title back in the OP. I'll hang up and wait for an answer...

Seriously, stop "fixing" warriors. It's getting old to have to read the fixes every day while we steadily depreciate and fall down the arena rankings charts. Really, really old.

Please figure it out:

We need a way to combat being kited.

If you're going to let us be kited, we better do ridiculous damage once we catch up with a target, right?

Can we get a self heal besides Enraged Regeneration? It's silly to watch other dps classes heal themselves again and again and have that "man, that seems really cool, wish I could do that..." feeling.

This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
    Explain (256 characters max)
    Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]