The Exalted Title

(Locked)

85 Night Elf Rogue
Thank you for your efforts in carrying the messages back to the meetings for revaluation.

I'm sorry to hear that the underlying code makes moving forward so difficult. Best wishes to the designers and coders tackling the issue.
85 Tauren Death Knight
people seriously quit over a title?

I swear, people just live for crap to complain about these days. If your enjoyment of a game revolves around the text before and/or after your characters name you have definitely got to evaluate your standing in life.

Why is this more or less valid than enjoying a game for any other reason? Who are you to determine how other people are allowed to enjoy their video games?
55 Human Paladin

I swear, people just live for crap to complain about these days. If your enjoyment of a game revolves around the text before and/or after your characters name you have definitely got to evaluate your standing in life.

Different things in the game are important to different people.

I don't have that achievement, but I'm working on it (with my main). And achievements are important to me. And although my enjoyment doesn't revolve around achievement, their decision did affect my enjoyment of the game in part.
85 Blood Elf Priest
Thank you for reconsidering and deciding to reverse the change. Thank you for the graceful apology and acknowledgment that the situation could have been handled better. And thank you for saying you will keep us informed. This is much appreciated.
100 Night Elf Hunter

It's more of what the title represents--a significant investment of time and effort.
85 Blood Elf Paladin
I get that you would be upset over it. I understand completely. I just lobbied at my place of employment to get a salary adjustment that I earned 7 months ago when I received a promotion but didn't receive the salary bump I should have. My employers have agreed to adjust my salary but effective now and not retro active to when I should have gotten it. That's about 1500 dollars out of my pocket that I 'should' have had and earned back then. So in a much more real sense I am in the same situation.

Am I going to quit my job over it? of course not that's stupid, but not quite as stupid over quitting a game you've played and enjoyed for potentially years over a title. Blizzard made a decision and implemented it without forewarning the gaming community probably because they didn't think it would be a big deal and the people who enjoyed the trek towards 40 reputations might, i know it sounds crazy, enjoy the trek to get another 10.

Come to find out, the people in this community don't like having to play the game the pay to play any more than they have to play it. So something gets taken away, and instead of doing what you spent countless hours already doing to re-achieve that people complain until they get what they want.

Believe me, I get it on a much more real level having something taken away that you've earned. What I don't get, is the infantile stupidity of quitting a game over it.
85 Human Priest
you don't get it do you. its not so much about a title as it is that blizzard would push something like this through with out notice. items, rewards, titles you earn should not just be stipped because they think it is cool.

Considering that the majority of the complaints were people saying "I WANTS MAH TITLE" rather than "Thanks for not telling us in advance, don't do that again", I'm going to have to conclude that it absolutely was just about the title.
Edited by Zariah on 2/11/2011 8:12 PM PST
92 Dwarf Hunter
This doesn't affect any of my characters, but I still think it was the right thing to do.

Thanks for listening.
33 Blood Elf Warrior
Thank you. I appreciate it.

I like very much the degree to which player feedback is incorporated or at least considered when making game changes.

I also am thrilled at the advance notice to potential and upcoming class changes. I think that is extremely cool. Thanks Bash!

Edited by Goatz on 2/11/2011 8:18 PM PST
85 Blood Elf Paladin

Why is this more or less valid than enjoying a game for any other reason? Who are you to determine how other people are allowed to enjoy their video games?

Ok, so logically speaking if peoples concept of enjoying the game was earning 40 exalted reputations to get the title. Wouldn't they also enjoy achieving 10 more to get the same said title?

I know, crazy right? People do the same dungeons over and over and over and over again for gear they've gotten on other characters, why is this soooo much different.
91 Night Elf Druid
02/11/2011 7:47 PMPosted by Bashiok
Thanks again for your feedback.

No, thank you!
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]