Soloing BWL first boss.

85 Dwarf Paladin
So, I want to solo BWL. Haven't tried it before.

How should I best handle the first boss? I feel confidant that if I kill him I can do the rest. How do I mind control the boss and handle the adds at the same time?

Or do I just have to eat the damage and channeling interrupt from the adds and pray the boss doesn't die?
Edited by Léssín on 2/12/2011 11:04 AM PST
The first phase can't end until all eggs are destroyed, which means you have to MC the boss. He becomes your pet, meaning a pet class also can't use their pet to tank adds. The adds will all focus the boss and the orcs have a hidden modifier that makes them deal increased damage to dragonkin (i.e. the boss). In other words, it's not soloable. 2 is the bare minimum.

It doesn't really matter though, because right now he's bugged and you can't re-MC him after the first one breaks. He then runs to the MC orb, commits suicide, and blows the room up.
62 Dwarf Rogue

It doesn't really matter though, because right now he's bugged and you can't re-MC him after the first one breaks. He then runs to the MC orb, commits suicide, and blows the room up.

I did it yesterday coincidentally. If it is bugged, it is only bugged sometimes because we had no problems at all.
85 Dwarf Paladin

I did it yesterday coincidentally. If it is bugged, it is only bugged sometimes because we had no problems at all.

This, because I completed it on an alt.

I'll just give it a shot and see if I can figure something out.
85 Undead Warrior
I feel confidant that if I kill him I can do the rest. How do I mind control the boss and handle the adds at the same time?

You will NOT be able to solo Vael.

Edit= Also ebonroc would be impossible or take FOREVER, I don't know off the top of my head how much dps is needed to overcome his healing if you're ignoring the debuff.
Edited by Gozoo on 2/12/2011 11:39 AM PST
85 Dwarf Paladin
02/12/2011 11:30 AMPosted by Gozoo
I feel confidant that if I kill him I can do the rest. How do I mind control the boss and handle the adds at the same time?

You will NOT be able to solo Vael.

On the contrary, I will certainly be able to. As ret, at least.

He will not cast BA on me for 45 seconds because I will obviously have aggro. That, and 15-20 seconds for BA to kill me, gives me a minute to do 1.1 million damage. Factoring in the +100% damage buff from BA, this requires just 14k dps to kill him.

14k dps is an easy task at 85.
Edited by Léssín on 2/12/2011 11:39 AM PST
85 Undead Warrior
Well first off you wouldn't last the full 20 seconds of the BA, you MIGHT last 15, so I'll give you that.

so that's 1 000 000 / 60, which means you'd have to do 16 666.66 continuing DPS. Still not hard I agree

However you'd also be having to use your holy power to WoG yourself from time to time, which would means you wouldn't be doing ideal dps.

I'll stipulate that it might not be impossible at this point, but my money's on vael for now. Maybe next content tier.

Edit typos
Edited by Gozoo on 2/12/2011 11:48 AM PST
85 Dwarf Paladin
Well first off you wouldn't last the full 20 seconds of the BA, you MIGHT last 15, so I'll give you that.

so that's 1 000 000 / 60, which means you'd have to do 16 666.66 continuing DPS. Still not hard I agree

However you'd also be having to use your holy power to WoG yourself from time to time, which would means you wouldn't be doing ideal dps.

I'll stipulate that it might not be impossible at this point, but my money's on vael for now. Maybe next content tier.

Edit typos

No, I woudn't have to WoG, because he can't kill me in a minute without BA. I'd be half - 1/4 hp when BA hits, meaning it will be BA that kills me and not his damage.

However, none of this matters if I can't find a way to do the first boss.
Edited by Léssín on 2/12/2011 12:02 PM PST
82 Gnome Warlock
Actually vael was soloable at 80, I did it myself as a feral druid. It was not particularly hard. Ebonroc as well, the biggest help on ebonroc is playing a class with high dodge/parry/block. He won't heal off hits that don't land. At that point it just becomes a matter of doing over 20k to his everyone one hit that lands, which is actually fairly easy, the debuff isn't permanently up.

I imagine if they were doable at 80, they are quite doable at 85.
Yeah, there's a video of a pally in naxx10/25 gear soloing everything but the first 2 bosses..
They might have hotfixed the MC bug. There was a long thread in Bug Reports day of the patch complaining about it.
85 Night Elf Priest
Actually vael was soloable at 80, I did it myself as a feral druid.

Are you sure you're talking about the right boss because I have never heard of anyone soloing him.
89 Tauren Hunter
02/12/2011 2:10 PMPosted by Certainly
Actually vael was soloable at 80, I did it myself as a feral druid.

Are you sure you're talking about the right boss because I have never heard of anyone soloing him.

Hunters have solo'd Vaelastrasz. Not me, but others have.
Vael is not difficult at all to solo. I "soloed" him at 80 as a healer with only a rogue for DPS. I was doing lolrestodps but we beat the timer by a lot and the rogue easily could have done enough damage by himself. I'm sure almost any DPS class could do it at 85. (Although you will die afterward, when the debuff goes away.)

Razorgore is another matter, though. He is not soloable, due to mechanics as described above. It will never be possible to solo him unless the encounter is changed in some way.
See, that's the point. You didn't solo Vael, you duo'd him because you're able to keep the first Burning Adrenaline target topped off for the duration of the buff. If you were truely soloing it at 80, BA would kill you from expiration before you could finish the fight due to the fact Vael is still dealing damage to you and your health pool has shrunk to almost nothing.
02/12/2011 4:06 PMPosted by Thecheat
See, that's the point. You didn't solo Vael, you duo'd him because you're able to keep the first Burning Adrenaline target topped off for the duration of the buff. If you were truely soloing it at 80, BA would kill you from expiration before you could finish the fight due to the fact Vael is still dealing damage to you and your health pool has shrunk to almost nothing.

Any class that can self-heal even a little bit can easily keep up with Vael's damage at 85, even if they couldn't at 80. The point was that the DPS target is easy to hit solo.
What about bubbling off burning adrenaline?
85 Worgen Rogue
[quote]Also ebonroc would be impossible or take FOREVER, I don't know off the top of my head how much dps is needed to overcome his healing if you're ignoring the debuff.

I've done Ebonroc myself, had just enough dps to bring him down. Was still a chore though, and I had to use my offensive/defensive cds at opportune times.

Anyway, like someone else mentioned, this is all moot if you can't solo Razorgore.
90 Night Elf Druid
Just bring a friend. The instance is fun and easy now.
02/12/2011 4:51 PMPosted by Cirocco

Any class that can self-heal even a little bit can easily keep up with Vael's damage at 85, even if they couldn't at 80. The point was that the DPS target is easy to hit solo.

The guy was talking about 80.
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]