So You Forgot About Valentine's Day

85 Undead Warrior
(the following is based on a true story)

The alarm goes off. You wake up, groan, and curse the hellspawn that is 7am on Monday morning. You shower, shave, brush your teeth, and go for some breakfast. About halfway through your meal your girl comes down the stairs wearing that low-cut pink nighty you love oh so very much.

Pink, love, Monday...with a loud thump you face-plant into your cereal bowl and attempt to drown yourself in Cocoa Puff filled milk before grinning at your wife and making some joke about hating Mondays. But you're not joking on the inside. Inside, you're writing out your will and leaving your TV to your buddy Jerry.

First of all, let's cover some basics. Maybe you're overreacting. Did your spouse forget as well?

Doubt it. She's been asking what I got her.

And you said...?

"It's a surprise, babe."

Ah. Okay. Did you actually plan on getting anything?

Well -

That's a negative. You are a horrible person. S'alright, that's why I'm here. Relax, bro, we're gonna make it. Are you working today?

Duh, it's Monday.

Point. Okay, go to work and call me on lunch break.

Calling.

Alright, here's what you're going to do. You're going out for lunch.

To wash away my problems with scotch?

That's Plan B, but we'll keep our options open. How much cash you got on you?

Erm...three bucks

Credit card?

No.

Debit?

No.

A check book.

Wait...no.

You know, getting dumped on Valentine's Day isn't too bad. Some get divorced and lose their kids. And you, you're getting off lucky, you don't have any money she can take -

Not helping.

Go to the store. Any store. Anywhere that looks like they could remotely sell anything.

Hallmark Store?

Genius! Look for Valentine's Day decorations. Should be cards and candy over there.

...they're sold out.

Bull.

There's nothing here!

I know you're not telling me Hallmark ran out of greeting cards. That's like Penthouse running out of fan letters.

I like Penthouse :)

If you don't focus, that's all you'll have. C'mon, man, there has to be something.

Well...

Grab it.

But -

Grab it.

It's a box of Pokemon cards!

Valentine's Day cards?

(sigh) Yes...

God bless overseas marketing. No girl can resist the power of Pikachu. Go buy them and leave, and thank you for using Malles' Every-Scenario Survival -

They're $3.99

Say what?

I don't have the money.

Run.

She'll find me.

Sir. Listen to me. Do you love your woman?

Yes.

Would you do anything for her?

Of course!

Listen closely, then. You're going to steal those cards.

I'm going to steal Pikachu Valentines?

Yessir.

It works.

Good man.
Edited by Malles on 2/14/2011 6:18 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Rogue
LOL! Luvs It!
Reply Quote
Hahaha, nice.

Reply Quote
73 Blood Elf Priest
I LOL'd.

Very nice.

But what happened? I want to know more! =)
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Warlock
My friends bf forgot valentines day and Im pretty sure she would of been a little happier if he made that kind of effort instead of the no effort thing he did >.>

I approve of this, some effort > no effort, even if it's totally insane and random.
Reply Quote
85 Troll Shaman
I think guys would be surprised at how far a little honesty can go. Just admitting that you forgot and offering to do something really special on the weekend (since Valentine's was on a Monday anyway) not only buys you points for telling the truth, it gives you 4 more days to get ready!
Reply Quote
85 Troll Druid
Jinja, I stole these flowers for you.

I'm sorry it was last minute but I hit lvl 85 on 2 more toons over the weekend and forgot

*gives Jinja the flowers*
Reply Quote
85 Troll Shaman
Aww, they're so pretty! Look, there's even some drops of blood on the thorns where you ripped them out of someone else's hands. Now THAT'S romantic. ♥

PS those shoulders look awesome!
Edited by Jinja on 2/15/2011 2:01 PM PST
Reply Quote
82 Blood Elf Paladin
this is a pretty good story, though all the girls i've ever fallen for turned out to like pokemon anyway.
Reply Quote
85 Troll Druid
Kerrath, ur such a baddie
Reply Quote
82 Blood Elf Paladin
what can i say, pokemon chicks are pretty chill
Reply Quote
85 Undead Warrior
I LOL'd.

Very nice.

But what happened? I want to know more! =)

My best friend called me up yesterday flipping out because he forgot and we more or less had this conversation via cellphone. His wife laughed herself sick and chewed me out for making him shoplift.

Good times. They had a kid couple days after Christmas and named me godfather :).
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]