Alch Transmutation Master Nerfed

85 Goblin Mage
What's with the "Transmutations reset at midnight" crap?
I'm a transmutation master maxed out Alchemy, and I can only transmute once a day...
It's a load of garbage. We should be able to xmute more per day. At least twice.
Reply Quote
85 Goblin Mage
Thank you >.<
Dude I just hate that shizz is all.
I WANT TO TRANSMUTE MOAR
Reply Quote
100 Human Paladin
I'm a transmutation master maxed out Alchemy, and I can only transmute once a day...
It's a load of garbage. We should be able to xmute more per day. At least twice.

There is absolutly no change from when the trasmute resets each day since cata came out instead of saying resets in (x) hours t says resets at midnight like it allways has
Edited by Absol on 2/13/2011 3:33 PM PST
Reply Quote
85 Human Warlock
However bad he made his arguement I do agree with it. No other profession has a limit on how often they can make something. I understand the couter argument to this is *then prices will drop and etc...* however the prices will support whatever the current market items for the mats are just like for everything else.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Death Knight
And just like 90% of the LK-era transmutes, eventually they'll remove the cooldown from it.

02/13/2011 4:22 PMPosted by Finallock
No other profession has a limit on how often they can make something

Tailors would like to have a word with you...
Reply Quote
85 Human Warlock
And just like 90% of the LK-era transmutes, eventually they'll remove the cooldown from it.

No other profession has a limit on how often they can make something

Tailors would like to have a word with you...

I did forget about tailors however I would argue their cd be removed also.
Reply Quote
100 Human Paladin
aus
It was'nt nerfed unless your talking about tbc where if you set your alarm you could transmute every 20 hours iie 10am then 6am then 2am then 10pm. Grats on no life.

Reply Quote
86 Dwarf Priest
Instant gratification.

Get over it.
Reply Quote
85 Goblin Warrior
Tailors have it, jewelcrafters have it, alchys have it, miners had it but it got removed. Daily cool downs are something that have been in the game forever and are in place specifically to prevent the farming of certain goods. After they become less useful, usually after that expansion is over, many things get taken off that cooldown.

Cloth has, titansteel has, and primal might has to name a few.
Reply Quote
85 Human Warlock
Tailors have it, jewelcrafters have it, alchys have it, miners had it but it got removed. Daily cool downs are something that have been in the game forever and are in place specifically to prevent the farming of certain goods. After they become less useful, usually after that expansion is over, many things get taken off that cooldown.

Cloth has, titansteel has, and primal might has to name a few.

Having cd's on anything that professions can make seems like blizz's way to arbitrarily prevent .. you know what I have no idea. Its like blizz looks at it like *omgpplcanmakethingsandthenmakemoarthingswehavetostopthisritemeow*.

Just let the market do its thing. Having arbitrary cd's is just plain stupid.
Reply Quote

It's been resetting at midnight for quite some time now. You can also do more than one transmute per day and those transmutes can proc if you are specced for it. Primal might, arcanite, metas, Cata gems do not have a cooldown and depending on your server's market demands, they can all be profitable. Heart of fire to elemental fire is every 10 minutes until you do a transmute with a longer cooldown, although this one will not proc extras (due to the 3 per combine).
Reply Quote
85 Troll Hunter
Having cd's on anything that professions can make seems like blizz's way to arbitrarily prevent .. you know what I have no idea.

You really have no idea?

The whole concept of throttling how fast people can progress their characters (dailies to get JC & cooking patterns; raids on weekly timers; heroics on daily timers; etc, etc, etc, dozens upon dozens of examples since vanilla WoW) somehow passed you by?

And for two obvious reasons on Bliz's part:

1) content doesn't get used up too quickly, allowing them time to make more, and
2) people can't "finish the game" in a week, and so keep paying subscription longer.

It's not rocket surgery.
Reply Quote
85 Human Warlock
02/13/2011 9:39 PMPosted by Kiryn
Having cd's on anything that professions can make seems like blizz's way to arbitrarily prevent .. you know what I have no idea.

You really have no idea?

The whole concept of throttling how fast people can progress their characters (dailies to get JC & cooking patterns; raids on weekly timers; heroics on daily timers; etc, etc, etc, dozens upon dozens of examples since vanilla WoW) somehow passed you by?

And for two obvious reasons on Bliz's part:

1) content doesn't get used up too quickly, allowing them time to make more, and
2) people can't "finish the game" in a week, and so keep paying subscription longer.

It's not rocket surgery.

Letting me do truegold transmute is going to help me beat raid content at such an increased speed its going to break the game? Right...
Reply Quote
Wow , nice post , lets just take cd's off of everything so that its all worthless and everyone can get what they want , See how stupid that sounds?
Reply Quote
85 Orc Shaman
My biggest issue since the last patch is that now, being Transmute spec, I only proc3-4 extra volatiles when before I would get 14-16.

Nice little nerf they threw in there, there is no reason to be xmute spec now.
Reply Quote
85 Troll Hunter
My biggest issue since the last patch is that now, being Transmute spec, I only proc3-4 extra volatiles when before I would get 14-16.

Nice little nerf they threw in there, there is no reason to be xmute spec now.

But, as they posted, the Living Elements proc is at a much higher rate now. Overall, the rate of extra volatiles is the same, but instead of very random spikes (15% chance to get 15 extra) it's a very level rate (very high% chance to get 4-6).
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]